Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
How to make my baby an Israeli citizen?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 2:12 am
Dh is Israeli and we'd like to make the baby a citizen so we can go again for pesach.
Only issue is NY consulate doesnt answer calls or emails.

Any idea of how we make her a citizen?And how long the process is?

DrMom

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 2:21 am
Why don't you check the Israeli Embassy website?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 2:25 am
DrMom wrote:
Why don't you check the Israeli Embassy website?

No one has answered any of my emails and I reached out in June and same with phone calls..

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 3:18 am
Try nefesh b'nefesh.

Of course even if you don't live in Israel, your child will be drafted, and down the line you'll have to take care of the relevant paperwork if s/he doesn't plan to do army service.

essie14

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 5:02 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
Try nefesh b'nefesh.

Of course even if you don't live in Israel, your child will be drafted, and down the line you'll have to take care of the relevant paperwork if s/he doesn't plan to do army service.

NBN is only if you are making aliyah.
Getting citizenship for a child born to Israeli parent is done through the consulate.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 7:56 am
It takes months. You can check the Amudim website or Chaim v'Chesed for instructions; the consulate website also has a long list of required documents to send them before they will respond and grant you an in person appointment. Both parents must attend. You can save a bit of time by ordering a long form (vault) birth certificate now on VitalChek, it takes weeks to get it. Then it must be notarized and Apostilled according to precise instructions before you can proceed. Good luck!!

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 12:27 pm
I think after September 19 it will be easier to enter the country. Do you know if your baby has antibodies? It seems that they will allow unvaccinated people to enter if they have antibodies.
Maybe it will be easier to make the baby a citizen once you are there.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 1:16 pm
From personal experience. The consulate website lists all the documents you need to fill out and provide.
Overall that part is doable, with a few headaches: Birth certificate needs apostille and your wedding certificate if not Israeli also needs to be apostilled. They also want two proofs that you carried the baby, like an ultrasound and the delivery drs proof of birth (the thing you bring to get your child a ssn or a US passport).
The next part is making appointment with consulate to actually register the kid. In NY this is impossible so far. Takes them weeks to reply to email and even so no appointment made just emails to send them all the docs digitally - which I did…months ago…still waiting for reply.
If you live elsewhere in the US like Miami and Chicago they have an online appointment system so you can make an actual appointment in weeks and weeks from now, but for Pesach it should work.
If you live in NY, start emailing them now and maybe you get an appointment or maybe not. Maybe in three months who knows.
Sorry Sad

SG18

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 3:03 pm
Send an email with all documents, to the consulate. DO NOT EMAIL AGAIN. Each additional email bumps you to the end of the line. We heard back 7 weeks later.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 10:39 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
From personal experience. The consulate website lists all the documents you need to fill out and provide.
Overall that part is doable, with a few headaches: Birth certificate needs apostille and your wedding certificate if not Israeli also needs to be apostilled. They also want two proofs that you carried the baby, like an ultrasound and the delivery drs proof of birth (the thing you bring to get your child a ssn or a US passport).
The next part is making appointment with consulate to actually register the kid. In NY this is impossible so far. Takes them weeks to reply to email and even so no appointment made just emails to send them all the docs digitally - which I did…months ago…still waiting for reply.
If you live elsewhere in the US like Miami and Chicago they have an online appointment system so you can make an actual appointment in weeks and weeks from now, but for Pesach it should work.
If you live in NY, start emailing them now and maybe you get an appointment or maybe not. Maybe in three months who knows.
Sorry Sad

wow thx! I got married in israel so im registered with rabbanut
I wonder if birth certificate suffices as proof bc my doctor signed it
ill email them again...

SG18

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 2:57 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
wow thx! I got married in israel so im registered with rabbanut
I wonder if birth certificate suffices as proof bc my doctor signed it
ill email them again...

Go over this carefully, and make sure to include everything: https://embassies.gov.il/new-y......aspx

As per #6,
2 proofs of birth – see a list of valid proofs of birth below:
Please note: proofs must be original and not a copy.

First proof: Must attach one of the following:
a. A hospital discharge form signed by a doctor or a nurse
b. A delivery doctor’s discharge form signed by the doctor

Please note: If both proofs from this list can be obtained, skip the list of “second proof”.

Second proof: Choose one of the following:
a. Ultrasound scan from the 3rd trimester of the pregnancy stating the name of the mother and the date of the examination
b. Newborn identification card with the child’s fingerprints including the name of the mother and the child's details

This is very important- they gave me a hard time because the ultrasound was just a copy, but BH it was ok. They really require everything from the list.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 6:08 am
SG2189 wrote:
Go over this carefully, and make sure to include everything: https://embassies.gov.il/new-y......aspx

As per #6,

Please note: If both proofs from this list can be obtained, skip the list of “second proof”.

a. Ultrasound scan from the 3rd trimester of the pregnancy stating the name of the mother and the date of the examination
b. Newborn identification card with the child’s fingerprints including the name of the mother and the child's details

This is very important- they gave me a hard time because the ultrasound was just a copy, but BH it was ok. They really require everything from the list.

Omg- this list is crazy
It sounds like you went through this and know exactly what to do

SG18

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 6:34 pm
Haha yeah it is crazy! I did it for my daughter. It was really intense but BH all worked out.

amother
Garnet

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 6:43 pm
SG2189 wrote:

As per #6,

Surprised I wonder what I would do if I needed this, I had home births and none of these items!!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 9:26 pm
SG2189 wrote:
Haha yeah it is crazy! I did it for my daughter. It was really intense but BH all worked out.

I dont have any ultrasound pics...
LIJ didnt give me fingerprints either omg
now what lol

SG18

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 4:18 am
Did you get footprints? My birth center gave me footprints
I reached out to my midwife's office after the birth to request they email me one of my earlier ultrasounds. Is that an option for you?

tryinghard

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 8:51 am
What about older kids? Mine are 4, 9 and 11. I don’t have their ultrasounds or any of that stuff! Is there a workaround?

SG18

Post Thu, Sep 16 2021, 12:52 pm
tryinghard wrote:
What about older kids? Mine are 4, 9 and 11. I don’t have their ultrasounds or any of that stuff! Is there a workaround?

I don't know. I just know what I saw and experienced.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions