Home

Sukkos menu 5782
1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


dankbar




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 1:11 pm
Can you share your menu, please?
Back to top

OBnursemom




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 2:12 pm
I’m thinking a fleishig vegetable soup with kugel for the night meals. And maybe goulash or beef stroganoff. One pot meals with a salad. And maybe my girls will bake for dessert.
Back to top

amother




Mustard
 

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 11:18 am
Here's mine! Desserts are deep dish choc chip cookies w/ ice cream, oreo pie, and applesauce. After that no more desserts!

Monday Nite
Salmon, dips
chicken soup w/ knaidel
Pepper chicken cutlets
roast cauliflower
franks n blanks
strawberry rhubarb kugel
tomato mushroom salad

Tuesday Day
Wontons over salad
Carrot soup
Roast in wine sauce
Grilled chicken cutlets
Zucchini Fritters
Cabbage n noodles

Tuesday Nite
Cauliflower Soup
Pulled Beef tacos
chicken & rice rollup
Broccoli Kugel

Wednesday Day
Egg rolls
Zucchini Soup
Overnight Pastrami Roast
Zucchini Mushroom Kugel
Red Cabbage Salad

Shabbos
- regular meals

Hoshana Raba
Pastrami in tomato sauce over rice
carrot soup
Spiced Cutlets
Israeli Salad and Tahini

Monday Nite Shemini Atzeres
Pastrami Stuffed Mushrooms
Cauliflower Soup
Pineapple Cutlets
Roasted Red Cabbage
Sweet Lokshen Kugel

Tuesday Day

Hangar Steak Salad
Zucchini Soup
Sesame Ground Chicken
Rice
Broccoli Kugel

Tuesday Nite Simchas Torah
Chicken Soup
Meatballs
Rice
Roast Vegetable Salad
Plum Cake

Wed Day
Strawberry Soup with Kiwi
Onion Garlic Roast
Fried Chicken Cutlets
Fried potatoes
Carrot Muffins
Green Beans
Back to top

yiddishmom




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 12:05 pm
I'm only being home simchas torah, here goes:

Monday Night:
White fish and gefilte
Yemenite soup
Chicken and pastrami rollups
Two tone vegetable kugel
Rice
Apple caramel sundae

Tuesday Day:
Tricolored frozen drinks on table
Salmon skewers
Button mushroom salad on table
Coffee rubbed flanken roast
Blueberry pie
Roasted vegetables
Ice cream pie

Tuesday Night:
Salmon with pepper letcho
Vegetable soup
Stuffed cabbage
Tongue
Split pea puree
Apple caramel sundae

Wednesday Day:
Teriyaki sesame salmon
Cold strawberry soup with crunch
Sweet French roast
Carrot souffle
Cabbage noodles
Ice cream pie

I might still change some things around. We'll see.
Back to top

Ema of 4




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 12:30 pm
FIRST NIGHT
Salmon/salmon trio
Hawaiij beef soup
Soy lamb riblets
Sweet and sour meatballs
Moroccan spiced vegetables
Tadig/other rice

FIRST DAY
Tri colored drinks
Tender citrus beef
Citrus glazed duck breast
Roasted vegetables
Vegetable loaded pasta primavera

SECOND NIGHT
Fish
Vegetable barley soup
Corn beef
Sticky chicken
Broccoli and cauliflower (breaded? With garlic?)
Tongue/tongue in red sauce

SECOND DAY
Tropical salad
Sweet and sour drumsticks
Pastrami corn salad
Pastrami frittatas

SHABBOS NIGHT
Fish
Velvet white soup
Maple glazed roast beef
Schnitzel
Green beans

SHABBOS DAY
Fish
Portobello spinach salad
Teriyaki nuggets

SHMINI ATZERES NIGHT
Fish
Ambrosia
Veal chops with leek sauce
Ginger orange chicken
Green bean pastrami roll ups
Stuffed manicotti

SHMINI ATZERES DAY
Pastrami salad with creamy garlic sauce
Sweetbreads
Pastrami
Spaghetti chicken
Mushroom spinach quinoa
Sesame noodles

SIMCHAS TORAH NIGHT
Fish
Baked tongue
Supper in a jar

SIMCHAS TORAH DAY
Maple spinach London broil salad
Sticky deli
Hot dog Sefer Torah’s
Leftovers
Back to top

Ema of 4




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 12:59 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Here's mine! Desserts are deep dish choc chip cookies w/ ice cream, oreo pie, and applesauce. After that no more desserts!

Monday Nite
Salmon, dips
chicken soup w/ knaidel
Pepper chicken cutlets
roast cauliflower
franks n blanks
strawberry rhubarb kugel
tomato mushroom salad

Tuesday Day
Wontons over salad
Carrot soup
Roast in wine sauce
Grilled chicken cutlets
Zucchini Fritters
Cabbage n noodles

Tuesday Nite
Cauliflower Soup
Pulled Beef tacos
chicken & rice rollup
Broccoli Kugel

Wednesday Day
Egg rolls
Zucchini Soup
Overnight Pastrami Roast
Zucchini Mushroom Kugel
Red Cabbage Salad

Shabbos
- regular meals

Hoshana Raba
Pastrami in tomato sauce over rice
carrot soup
Spiced Cutlets
Israeli Salad and Tahini

Monday Nite Shemini Atzeres
Pastrami Stuffed Mushrooms
Cauliflower Soup
Pineapple Cutlets
Roasted Red Cabbage
Sweet Lokshen Kugel

Tuesday Day

Hangar Steak Salad
Zucchini Soup
Sesame Ground Chicken
Rice
Broccoli Kugel

Tuesday Nite Simchas Torah
Chicken Soup
Meatballs
Rice
Roast Vegetable Salad
Plum Cake

Wed Day
Strawberry Soup with Kiwi
Onion Garlic Roast
Fried Chicken Cutlets
Fried potatoes
Carrot Muffins
Green Beans

Can you please post your overnight pastrami roast and pastrami in tomato sauce recipes? I’m looking for ideas what to do with mine. It’s not a pastrami roast, it’s a navel pastrami, which I usually put in cholent, but this one is for some reason really big.
Back to top

maze




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 1:05 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:

SIMCHAS TORAH NIGHT
Supper in a jar
what is this?
Back to top

Ema of 4




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 1:53 pm
maze wrote:
what is this?

I’ll find the recipe and post it soon
Back to top

amother




Peru
 

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 2:04 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
FIRST NIGHT
Salmon/salmon trio
Hawaiij beef soup
Soy lamb riblets
Sweet and sour meatballs
Moroccan spiced vegetables
Tadig/other rice

FIRST DAY
Tri colored drinks
Tender citrus beef
Citrus glazed duck breast
Roasted vegetables
Vegetable loaded pasta primavera

SECOND NIGHT
Fish
Vegetable barley soup
Corn beef
Sticky chicken
Broccoli and cauliflower (breaded? With garlic?)
Tongue/tongue in red sauce

SECOND DAY
Tropical salad
Sweet and sour drumsticks
Pastrami corn salad
Pastrami frittatas

SHABBOS NIGHT
Fish
Velvet white soup
Maple glazed roast beef
Schnitzel
Green beans

SHABBOS DAY
Fish
Portobello spinach salad
Teriyaki nuggets

SHMINI ATZERES NIGHT
Fish
Ambrosia
Veal chops with leek sauce
Ginger orange chicken
Green bean pastrami roll ups
Stuffed manicotti

SHMINI ATZERES DAY
Pastrami salad with creamy garlic sauce
Sweetbreads
Pastrami
Spaghetti chicken
Mushroom spinach quinoa
Sesame noodles

SIMCHAS TORAH NIGHT
Fish
Baked tongue
Supper in a jar

SIMCHAS TORAH DAY
Maple spinach London broil salad
Sticky deli
Hot dog Sefer Torah’s
Leftovers




What’s trio colored drinks? Do u have recipe?
Back to top

amother




Mustard
 

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 3:02 pm
no recipe for overnight pastrami. I just stick it in the crockpot with some water and it does its own thing. I don't add anything, no sugar or spices at all.

the pastrami over rice is with sliced deli.

1 onion diced
2 T oil (I do less)
1 15 oz tomato sauce can
1/4 c. sugar
1 T honey
montreal steak seasoning to taste.
1 6 oz pkg pastrami cut into small pcs.
salt & pepper
saute onion in oil. Add tomato sauce, sugar, & honey. Add s&p and steak seasoning. Add pastrami pieces. Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer for 5 min. Serve over rice
Back to top

DVOM




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 6:23 pm
We're home the first days and Shabbos. I'm still not sure what I'm making for all the meals, but here's what I've got so far:

Monday afternoon and erev Shabbos:(Everyone is always STARVING all erev Shabbos and yom tov. We're having loads of sleepover company. I started prepping food specifically designated for erev yom tov. I put it out in sterno burners. Everyone has what to munch on, my kids are not constantly asking what they can eat, and my company doesn't feel uncomfortable about asking what they can feed their hungry kids and their hungry selves.)
Franks n blanks
Potato knishes
Deli roll
Meat Lasagna roll ups

Monday Night:
Gafilta fish
Chicken soup with matzo balls
Potato kugal
Corn beef
Duck sauce chicken bottoms
Apple crisp

Cookies and cream ice cream and homemade cherry-strawberry ices

Tuesday day:
Dairy:
Nachos and cheese, salsa, guacamole, sour cream
Sweet potato soup
Mac and cheese
Roasted tomatoes, zucchini, and garlic pasta
Scrambled eggs
Pancakes

Cinnamon buns with cream cheese frosting and coffee

Tuesday night:
Chicken soup with matzo balls
Gafilta fish
London broil
Grilled mustered maple and onion chicken
Fried rice with cashews
Apple crisp

Cinnamon cake

Wednesday day:
Leftovers
Potato salad
Grilled BBQ chicken

I usually make a leafy green salad and an Israeli salad for the day meals.

I have no clue what I'm serving for Shabbos.
Back to top

Ema of 4




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 9:25 am
maze wrote:
what is this?

Sorry, forgot to do this yesterday

Supper in a jar (or on a platter)
4 cutlets, cubed
Salt
Pepper
2 TBSP oil
1/4 c soy sauce
2 TBSP honey
1 1/2 TBSP hot sauce
1 TBSP brown sugar
2 cubes frozen garlic

2 c cooked rice
24oz broccoli florets, steamed


Combine all sauce ingredients.
Heat oil, add chicken. Fry approximately 1-2 minutes. Once it’s all cooked, put it all the chicken into the pan and pour on the sauce. Simmer 8-10 minutes.

Layer rice, then broccoli, then chicken
Back to top

Ema of 4




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 9:36 am
amother [ Peru ] wrote:
What’s trio colored drinks? Do u have recipe?

It’s in the BY cookbook, do you have it?

Lime coconut slush
1 (3oz) box lime jello
1 c boiling water
1 1/2 c cream of coconut
1qt lemon lime soda

Dissolve jello in hot water. Stir in coconut and soda. Transfer to 9x13 to freeze.

Strawberry shake
2 boxes any flavor red jello
1 c water
2 (10oz) bags frozen strawberries
1 (16oz) non dairy whip, not whipped

Place all ingredients in blender, blend until smooth. Chill until ready to serve.

mango peach chiller
4 ripe mangos, peeled and diced (I sometimes cheat and use frozen- 2 bags)
2 (16oz) cans peaches in syrup
4 c orange juice
2 c sweet white wine
1/2 c sugar
1/4 c fresh lemon juice
1 cinnamon stick
2 cloves

Purée mangos and peaches. Put remaining ingredients in saucepan. Bring to boil, cook for about 10 minutes. Combine with mango mixture and chill until ready to serve. (Remove close and cinnamon before serving)

*each batch makes approximately 10 servings
Back to top

amother




Mint
 

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 3:17 pm
The first poster that showed her menu....

Whats pepper chicken cutlets? can you post recipe please.
Back to top

amother




Peru
 

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 3:41 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
It’s in the BY cookbook, do you have it?

Lime coconut slush
1 (3oz) box lime jello
1 c boiling water
1 1/2 c cream of coconut
1qt lemon lime soda

Dissolve jello in hot water. Stir in coconut and soda. Transfer to 9x13 to freeze.

Strawberry shake
2 boxes any flavor red jello
1 c water
2 (10oz) bags frozen strawberries
1 (16oz) non dairy whip, not whipped

Place all ingredients in blender, blend until smooth. Chill until ready to serve.

mango peach chiller
4 ripe mangos, peeled and diced (I sometimes cheat and use frozen- 2 bags)
2 (16oz) cans peaches in syrup
4 c orange juice
2 c sweet white wine
1/2 c sugar
1/4 c fresh lemon juice
1 cinnamon stick
2 cloves

Purée mangos and peaches. Put remaining ingredients in saucepan. Bring to boil, cook for about 10 minutes. Combine with mango mixture and chill until ready to serve. (Remove close and cinnamon before serving)

*each batch makes approximately 10 servings



Wow 3 different drinks!! Maybe I’ll just make the strawberry don’t need to cook. Don’t think I’ll have time to cook 3 drinks but thanks for recipes
Back to top

amother




Mustard
 

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 3:46 pm
From Danielle Renov:
Confetti Pepper Chicken

Ingredients:

12 chicken cutlets

1 cup flour (I use spelt)

2 tsp kosher salt, divided

2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper, divided

3 Tbsp oil, divided

4 bell peppers (1 red, 1 yellow, 1 orange, 1 green), cut into 1/2 inch dice

1 onion, diced

4 cloves garlic, minced

1/2 cup sherry or white wine

1 1/4 cups chicken stock

Directions:

Heat oven to 350°F. Coat a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.

In a large bowl, combine flour, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper.

Dip each cutlet into flour, shaking off excess.

Heat a large pan over medium heat.

Add 2 teaspoons oil; working in batches, brown chicken on both sides for 1 minute. Don’t cook through. Add oil as needed for each batch.

Transfer chicken to prepared baking dish. Set aside.

Once all the chicken has browned, add remaining oil to the pan along with peppers, onion, remaining teaspoon salt, and remaining teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring, for about 10 minutes, until pepper and onions have softened and released their juices.

Add garlic; stir for 1 more minute.

Add wine; simmer for 4 minutes. Stir in chicken stock.

Pour all the veg and pan juices over the chicken in the baking dish. Bake about 35 minutes until the edges of the peppers slightly char.

Serve hot and enjoy.
Back to top

amother




Periwinkle
 

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 3:58 pm
Night meals:
Challah
Gef fish/patties
Salmon
Pasta salad
Ratatouille
Lettuce salad
Mushroom cabbage soup with chow mein croutons
Dark chicken cutlets
Baby potatoes
Fruit salad

Day meals:
Challah
Roast
Pastrami egg rolls
Mushroom knishes
Broccoli cauliflower kugel
Cherry apple pie with ice cream
Back to top

amother




Dustypink
 

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 4:00 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
Sorry, forgot to do this yesterday

Supper in a jar (or on a platter)
4 cutlets, cubed
Salt
Pepper
2 TBSP oil
1/4 c soy sauce
2 TBSP honey
1 1/2 TBSP hot sauce
1 TBSP brown sugar
2 cubes frozen garlic

2 c cooked rice
24oz broccoli florets, steamed


Combine all sauce ingredients.
Heat oil, add chicken. Fry approximately 1-2 minutes. Once it’s all cooked, put it all the chicken into the pan and pour on the sauce. Simmer 8-10 minutes.

Layer rice, then broccoli, then chicken

So cool!

Will try it-Thanks

Do the cutlets need a coating of corn starch or breading for the sauce to stick?
Back to top

Ema of 4




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 4:04 pm
amother [ Dustypink ] wrote:
So cool!

Will try it-Thanks

Do the cutlets need a coating of corn starch or breading for the sauce to stick?

I’ve never made it before, but it doesn’t say so, so I assume not
Back to top

chocolate moose




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 7:11 pm
we're eating in shul a lot. I'mhasrdly cooking
Back to top
1, 2  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos

Related Topics Replies Last Post
How much did you spend for sukkos food?
by amother
3 Today at 10:38 am View last post
Midwood Flatbush sh with open Sukkah or great Sukkos dinner?
by amother
0 Yesterday at 9:16 pm View last post
Urgent! Toddler girl sukkos outfit
by amother
14 Fri, Sep 17 2021, 6:11 pm View last post
Sukkos in the Catskills, NY
by amother
2 Fri, Sep 17 2021, 4:18 pm View last post
Sukkos program in tri state- please help!!
by amother
31 Wed, Sep 15 2021, 12:24 pm View last post