Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Business casual

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 12:26 am
What’s considered business casual??? I’m supposed to wear business casual for school and I legit have no idea what that even means. All my summer clothing is t-shirts... I wish it was winter

amother
Watermelon

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 12:44 am
A plain cotton skirt and flats with your t-shirt is just fine for business casual. Do you remember how the person who interviewed you for the job was dressed? Take your cues from her. (if it's a him, adapt, but dress to the same level of professionalism.)

Don't wear big splashy patterns, or anything sparkly or formal. Plain, understated clothing is best until you get a feel for the culture of the place.

amother
Ebony

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 12:52 am
Do you know anyone who works there to ask? Is it the type of school that has a website with pictures so you can check out what the teacher wear? Or do you know anyone who sends their kids to the school who would be observant enough to tell you? But not what they wear at Events, just on the daily. Maybe teachers send out class pics over WhatsApp and you can catch a glimpse?

Don't go by me because I'm not stylish at all, but I would think it means blouses not fancy enough for shul or silk t-shirts rather than cotton.

Amarante

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 2:19 am
It means it is nice clothing but not the extremely formal clothing that is meant by business clothing.

For men, it means khakis with a non dress shirt. In my experience a t-shirt would be too informal unless one was in an environment where literally anything went. Also lower level people might get away with being ultra casual but where I worked, my make co-workers wore cotton type of shirts except on Friday which was even more casual when they might wear a nice polo style of shirt.

For women, it means you don’t have to wear a suit or a formal dress with heels but again it doesn’t mean something ine would wear to hang out. A nice skirt with a nicer fashionable top. If you wore pants, it would be nicer pants and generally not jeans. Instead of a blazer you could wear a sweater to finish off a look. In my experience, even in a business casual environment women dressed well - in the kind of clothing one might wear to meet a friend for lunch or some other kind of outing. You wouldn’t wear athleisure type of style in general or leggings. If in doubt, wear a skirt, nice top and flat shoes or low heeled shoes until you pick up the corporate culture and you can buy more clothing if necessary.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 6:23 am
Thanks ppl! I think I’m going to wear a shirt from junee and a shirt cotton skirt... hopefully all god! I spoke to one person who said “all your clothing is business casual! It just means no tanks, jeans, etc.”
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics