Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Kuppat Cholim after long absence

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 11:31 am
Asking for an elderly neighbor who returned to live in Israel after 30 years of absence.
She's an Israeli citizen. She's afraid to register with a kuppat cholim because she thinks that she'll have to pay them for the last 30 years. I think that's absurd and not how it works. Do kuppot cholim charge people who were not in Israel for decades?

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 11:53 am
Did she cancel her bituach leumi before she left? Assuming she canceled her kupah plan and btl payment she shouldn’t have a issue.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 11:58 am
notshanarishona wrote:
Did she cancel her bituach leumi before she left? Assuming she canceled her kupah plan and btl payment she shouldn’t have a issue.

I'll ask her, but I got the impression that maybe she didn't cancel...

Elfrida

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 12:02 pm
The best thing is probably for you to walk I to the nearest kuppah and ask them. The secretary might not know the details, but the manager should know how it works.

If she didn't cancel bituach leumi I think there is a lump sum sum that you need to pay off. I don't know how it applies to kupat Cholim. I don't know much about the administrative side of things.

grace413

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 2:58 pm
https://www.btl.gov.il/English......aspx

https://www.btl.gov.il/English......aspx

Info re returning residents about waiting period to join kupat cholim or paying in advance to cancel the waiting period.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 3:29 pm
I had this situation when I lived in Israel after I got married. My parents moved to chul when I was a young child and evidently didn't cancel our bituach leumi. When I wanted to join I remember they wanted a huge amount from me. We did manage to sort it all out, I don't remember the details it was a long time ago, but it took quite a long time. I remember that because I was pregnant and was very nervous it wouldn't be done before I gave birth. I do think part of the delay was also because I didn't have a teudat zehut.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions