Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby refuses to nap
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 22 2021, 10:54 pm
amother [ Papayawhip ] wrote:
Probably not held her in my arms. Maybe bathed her. My baby is 7 months too and she has a nap in the morning from about 10 to 11:30 and then a nap in the afternoon from 3 to 5. She goes to bed at 7pm for 11 or 12 hours. She does wake around 10pm and 5am and babbles nicely or sometimes needs some cuddling then.

At 7 months they usually have 2 naps of around 2 hours and sleep around 11 or 12 hours a night. What does her night look like if she is sleeping so much during the day?

a nightmare!!! wakes up at 12 to eat, again at 3 to eat, sometimes at 5 again.
im really trying to wean her off.

weve been starting our day earlier at 6:45/7...we'll be up eating singing playing. I put her down for her first AM nap from 10-12. then she is *supposed* to go down at 3-4 and bed at 7:30.

im really at a loss and I go back to work soon

eta: I dont think she is sleeping enough during the day tho. what do u mean by that?

amother
Papayawhip

Post Wed, Sep 22 2021, 10:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

weve been starting our day earlier at 6:45/7...we'll be up eating singing playing. I put her down for her first AM nap from 10-12. then she is *supposed* to go down at 3-4 and bed at 7:30.

eta: I dont think she is sleeping enough during the day tho. what do u mean by that?

This age baby usually naps 3.5 to 4 hours total during the day and 11-12 by night. Obviously some babies are different but this is average from my experience. How many hours is yours sleeping during the day?

amother
Calendula

Post Wed, Sep 22 2021, 10:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I think she needs a lot more sleep than she’s getting. If she’s up at 7, I’d absolutely out her down for first nap at 9. (In fact, that’s around the time my baby has his first nap!) But honestly the over nights sound worse that the days! 3 feeds overnight at 8 months sound brutal! Is she eating enough during the day? Why is she up at night so much?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 22 2021, 11:03 pm
amother [ Calendula ] wrote:
I think she needs a lot more sleep than she’s getting. If she’s up at 7, I’d absolutely out her down for first nap at 9. (In fact, that’s around the time my baby has his first nap!) But honestly the over nights sound worse that the days! 3 feeds overnight at 8 months sound brutal! Is she eating enough during the day? Why is she up at night so much?

the past week she just doesnt want to drink any bottles during the day.
her weight is perfect (shes kind of chunky anyway bh)
she maybe has 3, 6 oz bottles during the day but she has breakfast and supper (real food)

she isnt tired by 9, so if I put her down at 9 she'll be wide awake and laughing and then it turns into frustration and crying

she can eat 2.5 full bottles overnight
I started only giving her 4 oz and im going to wean her off

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 22 2021, 11:04 pm
This age baby usually naps 3.5 to 4 hours total during the day and 11-12 by night. Obviously some babies are different but this is average from my experience. How many hours is yours sleeping during the day?

on a good day, 3.5-4 hours a day
2 hours in am and then 2 short cap naps
but were trying to cut out the third cat nap before bed

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 22 2021, 11:05 pm
shes changed, burped, and fed now.
in bed, rolling around and laughing

do I just leave her?

amother
Papayawhip

Post Wed, Sep 22 2021, 11:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
she maybe has 3, 6 oz bottles during the day but she has breakfast and supper (real food)

she isnt tired by 9, so if I put her down at 9 she'll be wide awake and laughing and then it turns into frustration and crying

She isn't tired by 9 because she's sleeping until 7. She also needs at least one more 6 ounce bottle during the day.

amother
Papayawhip

amother [ OP ] wrote:
shes changed, burped, and fed now.
in bed, rolling around and laughing

do I just leave her?

Yes if she's happy why not? It's ok for a baby to play in their crib.

amother
Holly

Meet my baby who hasn't followed a single "sleep" rule since he was born. he's 8 months old too and wakes up every hour during the night and naps twice for about 1 to 1.5 hours. when I let him cry, he shrieks until dh or I go to him - we've tried it up to an hour! I am slowly going crazy...

amother
Calendula

amother [ OP ] wrote:

Did you just post a few days ago about your baby’s schedule?

Is this you? https://www.imamother.com/foru.....43489

allthingsblue

My babies always skipped afternoon naps. Can you allow a longer morning nap? Will your baby nap longer? And then do bedtime at 7 (long bath at 615)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 12:12 am
Did you just post a few days ago about your baby’s schedule?

Is this you? https://www.imamother.com/foru.....43489

yep. was I allowed to start a 2nd thread? not sure how this site works sorry!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 12:13 am
She isn't tired by 9 because she's sleeping until 7. She also needs at least one more 6 ounce bottle during the day.

yes but how do I get her to eat it if she doesnt want the bottle?
she lets it settle in her mouth and then gurgles it/spits it out

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 12:13 am
allthingsblue wrote:
My babies always skipped afternoon naps. Can you allow a longer morning nap? Will your baby nap longer? And then do bedtime at 7 (long bath at 615)

she can do 2.5 in the AM max

amother
Calendula

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 12:26 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
yep. was I allowed to start a 2nd thread? not sure how this site works sorry!

Of course but you should have said it was you so the same people don’t give the same advice on both

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 12:29 am
Of course but you should have said it was you so the same people don’t give the same advice on both

is there a way to merge threads?
so sorry, know for next time iyh

ill try to give her the bottles before actual solids so hopefully she eats more during the day and tonight im capping her at 4 oz when she wakes up

my mother got her to sleep finally... after 3 hours of being wide awake and whinging

amother
Feverfew

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 12:47 am
Not sure who’s wake windows you’re following but I follow Taking Cara babies (google taking cara babies nap schedule) and many sleep training accounts on insta. My kids are hard to train but Bh schedules are a big help. No one I follow says 2 naps by 6 months more like by 8. My baby is now 10m and I follow a 2-3-4 schedule. It’s sounds like your baby is getting overtired in the morning and before naps then zonked and giving you a false start for the night. Then you get desperate for sleep at night so you just feed, then she eats less during the day cuz full from the night (reverse cycling). Been there!

Iyh this too shall pass.

Try a noise machine, gives their body a signer to sleep. And try editing the schedule. I don’t think more then 2 hours in the morning makes sense, probably even a bit less. put her in with a noise machine and if she plays in her crib in the dark that’s fine, when/ if she starts to cry you can go in and resettle. Then do 2 hours after that nap and then a cat nap and see how that goes…

Ultimately my baby got onto a good schedule but the feeds only went away with modofied sleep training for one night (we did check ins every 3 min then five.)

imaima

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 3:41 am

You don‘t need a 3 hour window for a morning nap. They are sleepier in the morning and will sleep after 2.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 6:56 am
imaima wrote:
You don‘t need a 3 hour window for a morning nap. They are sleepier in the morning and will sleep after 2.

Im referring to the OP saying her baby is not tired at 9pm after sleeping from 5 to 7 and then 8 to 9 and only eating 3 bottles of 6 ounces during the day.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 6:58 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
is there a way to merge threads?
so sorry, know for next time iyh

ill try to give her the bottles before actual solids so hopefully she eats more during the day and tonight im capping her at 4 oz when she wakes up

my mother got her to sleep finally... after 3 hours of being wide awake and whinging

Whining? Or laughing in her crib?
Your baby needs two extra bottles during the day and she needs to be put to sleep at times where she will sleep.

Can you share what your feeding schedule looks like combined with the nap so I can try to recommend where you throw in another bottle?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics