Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
So my daughter in seminary called me today
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Azalea

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 9:50 pm
amother [ Impatiens ] wrote:
I'm having trouble picturing the scene.

You see a child of two years old, you can pick him up and put him somewhere else. How does a man " pick up" an 18 year old girl and deposit her a few feet over? Did he sweep her up in his arms? Wrap his arms around her and lift her? How does that even work?

And how didn’t she automatically yell and how didn’t other passerby beat the guy up.
Lotsa questions.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 9:51 pm
amother [ Azalea ] wrote:
And how didn’t she automatically yell and how didn’t other passerby beat the guy up.
Lotsa questions.

Yeah I have some follow up questions to ask.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 9:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I thought I should tell the school, but then- what would I say?

That you're calling to make them aware of an incident that occurred near the school building. Your daughter was walking down x street and a man picked her up and placed her in the street, telling her she shouldn’t be walking on the sidewalk with men. You want them to be aware and keep on the lookout since this happened near the school and you don't want it to c"v to anyone else. And also, so they can keep an eye out for your dd, after this disturbing incident.

Last edited by ra_mom on Thu, Sep 23 2021, 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 9:53 pm
tigerwife wrote:
Exactly what you posted.
Honestly, the story sounds pretty crazy. Your daughter is probably too shocked to realize how disturbing that behavior is but later she might be very disturbed. The school should have someone who can talk her through it.

When she told me the story, I didn’t even hear her correctly, because the story doesn’t make sense. If someone tried to pick me up, they would be very, very sorry afterward.

tigerwife

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 9:54 pm
amother [ Azalea ] wrote:
Lotsa questions.

Have you been assaulted? It’s very common to be too shocked to do anything. How often do strangers get involved in an incident? Unfortunately, not often enough.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 9:55 pm
I don’t know why everyone is jumping on her for not yelling. If it would happen to me I would just be shocked and traumatized and wouldn’t be thinking too clearly in the moment

amother
Kiwi

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 9:56 pm
Exactly
People are shocked and often freeze
In fact predators kind of rely on this all too common reality
He also told her something that might make her doubt herself or think he was right or knew something she didn’t or lead to self blame
All things that would make her not scream but freeze

amother
Azalea

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 9:57 pm
tigerwife wrote:
Have you been assaulted? It’s very common to be too shocked to do anything. How often do strangers get involved in an incident? Unfortunately, not often enough.

It’s true, most people freeze rather than yell. About strangers getting involved. I hope if a sane man sees something like this he doesn’t just pass by as if nothing happened!

WhatFor

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 9:57 pm
What a strange incident. Usually the ones claiming that women can't walk on the same street as them would never ever touch a woman. Clearly this guy is a misogynist and perv.

I can't believe anyone on here is asking what your daughter was wearing or why she didn't react within the first instance the way they think she should have. For goodness sake. Do you think your DH has the right to pick up a woman and remove her from the street if she's wearing something he doesn't like? Do you think there's a handbook of prescribed ways to react when someone on the street assaults you?

amother
Kiwi

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 9:58 pm
Right
Were that true then someone like that would walk around rather than ever touch her
Creep

SYA

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 10:05 pm
This should be reported to police to check nearby footage and press charges or at least warn this guy and keep an eye on him. They can also open a file on him.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 10:07 pm
I have so many questions. She just let a man pick her up? She didn't shove him? How does someone just lift an 18 year old off the floor? And he has issues sharing a sidewalk but can touch a girl? And before you jump on me, I had a frum guy grab my hand and say what time is it, pretending to look at my watch. I froze but also I grabbed my hand out. I can't imagine he can pick her up and walk with her.

amother
Opal

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 10:17 pm
Wait. He said she shouldn't walk on sidewalk cuz it's for men only, yet he's touching her and carrying her??!!!
Or did he push her off the sidewalk , into the road?
Did he approach her from behind or from side or front,? From behind is a worse trauma.
Hugs to both of you.

amother
Opal

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 10:18 pm
Is your dd so lightweight?

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 10:21 pm
That is ASSAULT. Why are you even questioning it? She’s the victim of a crime against her person !

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 10:22 pm
amother [ Opal ] wrote:
Is your dd so lightweight?

Yes. Very slender.

amother
Opal

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 10:24 pm
She'd go to martial arts lessons?

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 10:25 pm
That is ASSAULT. Why are you even questioning it? She’s the victim of a crime against her person !

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 10:27 pm
andrea levy wrote:

I’m so shaken. This wasn’t anything I imagined happening. I’m going to get all the details from her and call the principal.

imamommy5

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 10:45 pm
its not naive to freeze when a crazy person does something like that. I would do the same thing!
please tell the school they should keep an eye on her make sure shes not traumatized (you said seminary so im asuming they dont know how she normally acts but they should still keep an eye out)
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics