Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Finally did it-- bare minimum shabbos!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 2:04 pm
I just couldn't do it. Was DONE. So I put my foot down and said this shabbos is bare minimum. I made one large pot of soup with extra chicken and veggies to make it hearty and a pot of noodles to go with it for tonight. I made only chulent for lunch tomorrow. About 20 minutes of work altogether, and now I'm relaxing ๐Ÿ˜Ž ! Anyone who doesn't like it is welcome to make their own additions to the meal. We will iyh be back to the regularly scheduled menu next shabbos. But wow, now that I've done, it's liberating. Now I know I can do this whenever I feel the need. BH!

behappy2

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 2:08 pm
That's what I call a SUPERMOM!!

Stars

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 2:10 pm
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 2:11 pm
Good job! I'd have felt compelled to at least add a simple green salad to lunch, but hey, nobody ever died from eating one meal without veggies. Hope you get lots of relaxation and no complaints from the family.

grace413

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 2:14 pm
Good for you.

amother
Gardenia

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 2:19 pm
I'm worn out from this month...no yellow buses so crazy carpool schedules for my kids, emergency appendicitis and surgery for one kid, all of yuntif...I'm serving entirely yuntif leftovers for shabbos. I froze it all as I went along, knowing that there was no weekday dinners after yuntif to re-serve them at (I usually serve leftovers from shabbos for at least Sunday and Monday). I feel a little guilty...but so so so relieved.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 2:24 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
Good job! I'd have felt compelled to at least add a simple green salad to lunch, but hey, nobody ever died from eating one meal without veggies. Hope you get lots of relaxation and no complaints from the family.

I do have lettuce, cucumbers, and peppers in the fridge, and some bottled dressing. So if someone wants to throw that together, I'll not object. But I won't be the one to do it, not this Shabbos lol.

imasinger

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 2:55 pm
Wow!

I still haven't learned to keep Shabbos prep under 5 hours.

You go!

amother
Pear

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 2:56 pm
I have a ton of leftovers that I am going to serve. I was going to make a chulent but my husband did something and I got so mad that I refuse to make anything for Shabbos so I'm going out and buying chulent and that is what we will have I have salad and salad dressing so we will have a vegetable but that is it.
Will bake a cake for kiddush.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 2:57 pm
amother [ Pear ] wrote:
I have a ton of leftovers that I am going to serve. I was going to make a chulent but my husband did something and I got so mad that I refuse to make anything for Shabbos so I'm going out and buying chulent and that is what we will have I have salad and salad dressing so we will have a vegetable but that is it.
Will bake a cake for kiddush.

O thatโ€™s his punishment? Bought cholent? Lol he might like it better

StrongMomma

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 3:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I just couldn't do it. Was DONE. So I put my foot down and said this shabbos is bare minimum. I made one large pot of soup with extra chicken and veggies to make it hearty and a pot of noodles to go with it for tonight. I made only chulent for lunch tomorrow. About 20 minutes of work altogether, and now I'm relaxing ๐Ÿ˜Ž ! Anyone who doesn't like it is welcome to make their own additions to the meal. We will iyh be back to the regularly scheduled menu next shabbos. But wow, now that I've done, it's liberating. Now I know I can do this whenever I feel the need. BH!

Good for you!! Youโ€™re a supermom!!
Enjoy your shabbos!
๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

amother
Pear

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 3:06 pm
amother [ Lemonchiffon ] wrote:
O thatโ€™s his punishment? Bought cholent? Lol he might like it better

Lol I'm just getting started. I am not going to be cooking supper next week.
Plus he hates store bought chulent only mine.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 3:07 pm
Just a big pot of Chulent this week!
Pastramy and eggs go into the pot too and done.

penguin

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 3:18 pm
I remember one year after Pesach I said, I will not walk into the kitchen again until Shavuos.

This year was really something. But there's a three-day-yom tov ahead. Time to make aliyah!

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 3:22 pm
I'm with you. Fruit for dessert here!!!

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 3:57 pm
penguin wrote:
I remember one year after Pesach I said, I will not walk into the kitchen again until Shavuos.

This year was really something. But there's a three-day-yom tov ahead. Time to make aliyah!

Pesach is a three day?

Chayalle

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 4:08 pm
I actually found this year with the constant Y"T Shabbos Y"T Shabbos Y"T Shabbos to be harder than a 3-day Y"T.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 4:14 pm
For sure I cooked and froze for this week. Soup, desserts, kugel - all excess from yom tov. I think we all need easy default recipes, like the frozen cubed or hash potatoes under chicken, etc. Disposables will not get you kicked out of Imamother either.

I hope everyone has a Shabbos menucha

amother
Chestnut

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 4:39 pm
penguin wrote:

2nd dayโ€™s Pesach is 3 days?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 4:40 pm
I think Pesach is actually the best setup this year. Starts Friday night, so Shabbos and Sunday, then chol hamoed through Thursday night, ends with YT on Friday and Shabbos. So only 4 days of YT/Shabbos with almost a week in between. And a full week from shabbos hagadol.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note