Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
I’m a genius AMA
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 1:10 pm
amother [ Pansy ] wrote:
How are you using your gift of genius to benefit mankind?

Just trying to be kind and helpful as much as I can

amother
Pansy

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 1:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Just trying to be kind and helpful as much as I can

How is this using your genius to benefit mankind? anyone can be kind and helpful. But it takes a genius to discover the cure for Cancer.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 1:15 pm
amother [ Pansy ] wrote:
How is this using your genius to benefit mankind? anyone can be kind and helpful. But it takes a genius to discover the cure for Cancer.

Well I’m trying.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 1:17 pm
amother [ Pansy ] wrote:

And It’s more difficult to change one mida than learn the whole Tora

amother
Phlox

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 1:20 pm
amother [ Forsythia ] wrote:
"I’m a genius."(OP)
How do you know you are? What defines a genius?
Is your life easier because of it?

If she was really a genius she’d easily know you don’t people that even if you think it.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 1:20 pm
amother [ Pansy ] wrote:

I'm not sure this is true. There are geniuses who have tried, and there is not yet such a thing as "the cure for cancer." Maybe one day there will be, but how do we know a genius will be Hashem's messenger for this if it does happen?

amother
Pansy

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 1:28 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
I'm not sure this is true. There are geniuses who have tried, and there is not yet such a thing as "the cure for cancer." Maybe one day there will be, but how do we know a genius will be Hashem's messenger for this if it does happen?

Point well taken.
My point was that if Hashem gave you a unique gift, I would assume you have a responsibility to use it in a unique way to benefit mankind. Being kind to people is incumbent on all of us, regardless of IQ. You're not using your genius for that. But it is the geniuses throughout history who have made important discoveries and advancements. Hashem is not freely handing out gifts for nothing.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 1:30 pm
amother [ Pansy ] wrote:
Point well taken.
My point was that if Hashem gave you a unique gift, I would assume you have a responsibility to use it in a unique way to benefit mankind. Being kind to people is incumbent on all of us, regardless of IQ. You're not using your genius for that. But it is the geniuses throughout history who have made important discoveries and advancements. Hashem is not freely handing out gifts for nothing.

I wish life was so simple

amother
Pansy

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 1:40 pm
In what area are you a genius? What field of knowledge?

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 1:41 pm
Are you a multidimensional genius or are you just run of the mill smart? Are you simply able to acquire lots of knowledge, compute numbers and solve logic puzzles really well or are you also a deep thinker, meaning that every situation and interaction is a learning experience about motivations, human nature, peoples emotion and impulses, etc.

If the latter, I would find it hard to be bored, even in a room full of average people.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 1:41 pm
Tell me 3 interesting things about life as a genius.

Do you share any intellectual interests with your husband?

Are your children genius?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 1:50 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
Are you a multidimensional genius or are you just run of the mill smart? Are you simply able to acquire lots of knowledge, compute numbers and solve logic puzzles really well or are you also a deep thinker, meaning that every situation and interaction is a learning experience about motivations, human nature, peoples emotion and impulses, etc.

If the latter, I would find it hard to be bored, even in a room full of average people.

All of the above
If you are stuck in a wedding reception and can’t do anything else but converse with the women and your brain is screaming

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 1:54 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
Tell me 3 interesting things about life as a genius.

Do you share any intellectual interests with your husband?

Are your children genius?

I can read people right away
I’m a good actress
I’m doing multiple tasks all at the same time even now
No I don’t share intellectual interests with dh

Genius

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 1:59 pm
We should definitely be friends.

amother
Mintcream

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 1:59 pm
Why’d ya put this under Inspirational, genius?

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 2:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
All of the above
If you are stuck in a wedding reception and can’t do anything else but converse with the women and your brain is screaming

Are you a good peoples person when you want to be. Can you make yourself come across as relatable and empathetic to others?

Multidimensional geniuses are often good at guiding and counseling others. They are keenly aware of the motivations and latent drives and emotions that others aren’t aware of and can draw on their vast knowledge and out of the box thinking to provide insight and guidance to others. Have you considered taking steps to go in that direction?

If others relate to you in that capacity you will have constant requests for help and guidance rather than mindless small talk, and you can make a real difference in people’s lives.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 2:07 pm
Op, I relate.
Do you want to form a genius support group?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 2:08 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
Are you a good peoples person when you want to be. Can you make yourself come across as relatable and empathetic to others?

Multidimensional geniuses are often good at guiding and counseling others. They are keenly aware of the motivations and latent drives and emotions that others aren’t aware of and can draw on their vast knowledge and out of the box thinking to provide insight and guidance to others. Have you considered taking steps to go in that direction?

If others relate to you in that capacity you will have constant requests for help and guidance rather than mindless small talk, and you can make a real difference in people’s lives.

Yes I’m very good with people and empathetic.
People do ask me for advice but not in a normal wedding reception scenario…

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 2:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
All of the above

Sorry but there are other women that are " geniuses" as well. Maybe talk to them about topics you wouldn't think they'd be interested in and you'll be surprised.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 2:09 pm
amother [ Mintcream ] wrote:
Why’d ya put this under Inspirational, genius?

Just was scrolling through the forums for an anonymous one that match
Page 2 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics