Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Have attitudes towards non vaxxers changed since 2018?
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 9:44 pm
Just wondering. Back in 2018 during measles outbreak and when religious exemptions were removed in NYs there was very little sympathy for non vaxxers whose kids were kicked out of schools and they were being otherwise discriminated against. Most people felt the government was in the right, these people were being totally unreasonable and putting others at risk, and should live with the consequences. The non vaxxers were a tiny voiceless minority here, and on the rest of social media and mainstream media. I realize even people who are against the covid vax may still feel very differently about other vaccines, but I’m just curious to know if attitudes about people choosing not to vax, vaccine politics and policies, trust in cdc and vaccine schedules, trust in pharma, and government interference has changed at all, even slightly.

amother
Molasses

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 11:25 pm
In my opinion, yes it did change

amother
Springgreen

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 11:31 pm
No, it didn't change. Vaccines that have been given to millions of people, including us, for decades, is not in the same category as a vaccine produced in a few months for a disease that is new and unknown with very little testing.

It's like comparing apples and oranges at this point.

#BestBubby

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 11:34 pm
I think people are waking up that once you give government power to COERCE, the government
will keep on making more and more mandates and you will regret that you did not speak out
when other people's rights were being trampled.

#BestBubby

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 11:35 pm
I said during the removal of religious exemptions, that next the government will
force all ADULTS to vaccinate.

Unfortunately, I was right.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 11:40 pm
Totally not the same thing. You cannot compare a vaccine that went through years of testing to a brand new vaccine. You also are not forced to take a measles vaccine if you have antibodies (think of the senior population that got the measles as children because they didn’t have vaccines in their days) while covid they are forcing everyone even folks with antibodies to vaccine

#BestBubby

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 11:45 pm
amother [ NeonGreen ] wrote:
Totally not the same thing. You cannot compare a vaccine that went through years of testing to a brand new vaccine. You also are not forced to take a measles vaccine if you have antibodies (think of the senior population that got the measles as children because they didn’t have vaccines in their days) while covid they are forcing everyone even folks with antibodies to vaccine

Neon Green, do you think measles vaccines should be mandated (coerced)?

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 11:53 pm
No. None of the new anti vaxxers can relate at all to the classic anti vaxxers. They don't see the most obvious parallels of 2019 and now. While COVID-19 wasn't a walk in the park, classic anti vaxxers were least affected by it. They're children were already not in school and they're medical decisions were already public discussion at their neighbors shabbos table. Covid was the second Pesach in a row where they weren't in shul, only the second time around felt less lonely. No, they're "choice" to have school or vaccinate then has absolutely nothing to do with our choice now.

Hypocrisy at it's best.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 12:00 am
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:
No. None of the new anti vaxxers can relate at all to the classic anti vaxxers. They don't see the most obvious parallels of 2019 and now. While COVID-19 wasn't a walk in the park, classic anti vaxxers were least affected by it. They're children were already not in school and they're medical decisions were already public discussion at their neighbors shabbos table. Covid was the second Pesach in a row where they weren't in shul, only the second time around felt less lonely. No, they're "choice" to have school or vaccinate then has absolutely nothing to do with our choice now.

Hypocrisy at it's best.

I would think having kids home 2 years in a row would be harder but ok... And talking about hypocrisy, I think you win. Your position on the covid vaccine is valid but others' position on other vaccines are not? hypocrisy at its best.

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 12:05 am
Another lesson the "new" (covid) anti-vaxxers should have learned:

you cannot trust the government or the medical establishment.

So maybe the "old" anti-vaxxers have valid concerns.

amother
Blushpink

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 12:28 am
Absolutely. I’m a pro vaxxer, anti Covid vax. I realize now they don’t have my best interest at heart and yes there is a huge money factor in vaccines, both reg and Covid.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 9:02 am
I’m most interested in hearing from people who were staunchly anti non vaxxers in the past and have mellowed their stance.

amother
Poppy

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 9:04 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m most interested in hearing from people who were staunchly anti non vaxxers in the past and have mellowed their stance.

I have a neighbor who is an anti vaxxer and I was fuming and had a lot to say. I actually voiced it to people. Now I am totally getting her and told her outright that I understand her. So yes I’m understanding her now

amother
Oleander

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 9:05 am
Yes. For me it has changed all the way. I still would give my kid’s vaccines with many years of testing. But definitely anti COVID vac. Since there’s force method

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 9:05 am
amother [ Springgreen ] wrote:
No, it didn't change. Vaccines that have been given to millions of people, including us, for decades, is not in the same category as a vaccine produced in a few months for a disease that is new and unknown with very little testing.

It's like comparing apples and oranges at this point.
I totally understand this. You do realize though that all vaccines were new at some point. Also, do you feel the government is being fair and honest about covid and the vax now? If not, why do you believe they are trustworthy regarding other vaccines?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 9:06 am
amother [ Oleander ] wrote:
Yes. For me it has changed all the way. I still would give my kid’s vaccines with many years of testing. But definitely anti COVID vac. Since there’s force method
So you’ve changed how you view other people who choose not to give other vaccines?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 9:07 am
amother [ Poppy ] wrote:
I have a neighbor who is an anti vaxxer and I was fuming and had a lot to say. I actually voiced it to people. Now I am totally getting her and told her outright that I understand her. So yes I’m understanding her now
Wow. That’s nice to hear. Thanks for being honest.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 9:07 am
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:

Hypocrisy at it's best.
Are you being honest or tongue in cheek? I really can’t tell.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 2:32 pm
amother [ Molasses ] wrote:
In my opinion, yes it did change
Based on what?

Success10

Post Thu, Oct 07 2021, 2:36 pm
I've changed. I've realized how much of an industry the vaccines are. That being said, I will still give the regular vaccine schedule to my kids, bli neder. But I can't really judge people who don't.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics