Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Growth Hormone Treatment - pease share
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Peachpuff

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 8:50 am
So you can wait a bit. I didn’t get approved right away my 12 year old just started. She hasn’t grown in years it didn’t look like it was going to sort itself out.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 8:52 am
amother Arcticblue wrote:
is anyone in family short? is it genetic?

which type of testing did you do? a regular morning blood test?

what was the gh result?did you test igf-1 too?

idid a regular gh blood test but dont ask me why the doctor took it at 4:30 in the aft and the result was 0.5 ug/l for gh and 20nmol/l for igf-1.

can you get a really deficient result if taken wrong time of day?

my gp wont refer me to endo and cant pay private...

I don't know the specifics of all the blood test names and numbers. (I mean I did at that time but it's been 2.5 years ago.)
We did initial testing which was just a regular bloodtest and according to those results we went to an endocrinologist who sent us for the much longer blood test that's done in the hospital. Takes a few hours. They monitor different levels while he's awake and asleep.
I don't think a dr will declare you deficient based solely on the one short simple bloodtest. I think they would require you to take the long one. But I'm not sure.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 8:53 am
amother Peachpuff wrote:
So you can wait a bit. I didn’t get approved right away my 12 year old just started. She hasn’t grown in years it didn’t look like it was going to sort itself out.

mine is growing - slowly. clothes are shorter every year.

can there be slow growth with gh deficiency or does it have to be no growth at all?

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 8:54 am
I read in the family first teen pages that even if kids are deficient when young it can sort itself out on its own later on...

wonder?

No idea. But I anyway would not subject an 8 year old to this unless there's a very strong medical need. The chid needs to be mature enough to understand pain vs benefit.
Did you do a bone age? If your child is behind in their bone age you have more time to think about this.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 8:55 am
mine is growing - slowly. clothes are shorter every year.

can there be slow growth with gh deficiency or does it have to be no growth at all?

Can be slow too.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 8:56 am
amother Seashell wrote:
I don't know the specifics of all the blood test names and numbers. (I mean I did at that time but it's been 2.5 years ago.)
We did initial testing which was just a regular bloodtest and according to those results we went to an endocrinologist who sent us for the much longer blood test that's done in the hospital. Takes a few hours. They monitor different levels while he's awake and asleep.
I don't think a dr will declare you deficient based solely on the one short simple bloodtest. I think they would require you to take the long one. But I'm not sure.

do you remeber if the initial regular blood test was done in the morning with no eating overnight?

amother
Peachpuff

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 8:57 am
My 12 year old was terrified of needles. She freaked out the first time. The first week was rough. But now she does it herself and says there is zero pain. It’s really not a big deal it’s not a big needle like a shot. It’s tiny and no big deal.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 8:57 am
do you remeber if the initial regular blood test was done in the morning with no eating overnight?

Morning but didn’t need to fast overnight

amother
Arcticblue

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 8:58 am
amother Peachpuff wrote:
Morning but didn’t need to fast overnight

I wonder how innacurate a afternoon test would be.

if its not reliable why would one do the morning test in the first place?

amother
Peachpuff

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 9:01 am
I wonder how innacurate a afternoon test would be.

if its not reliable why would one do the morning test in the first place?

We did one hour late accidentally and the results were wrong. We redid it within the time frame and got very different results.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 9:09 am
amother Peachpuff wrote:
We did one hour late accidentally and the results were wrong. We redid it within the time frame and got very different results.

what do you mean wrong? if child was deficient then the one hr late test was a good gh result? showed no deficiency? and the correct time frame was yes deficient?

and really? it makes a diff a 9am blood test to a 10am blood test? so interesting....

amother
Peachpuff

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 9:10 am
what do you mean wrong? if child was deficient then the one hr late test was a good gh result? showed no deficiency? and the correct time frame was yes deficient?

and really? it makes a diff a 9am blood test to a 10am blood test? so interesting....

Didn’t show the deficiency.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 9:15 am
amother Peachpuff wrote:
Didn’t show the deficiency.

so interesting - we tested wrong time of day and showed deficiency.

I thought it would be the opposite-

do you remember the time frame?

my question is if you tested at the wrong hr and it didnt show a deficiency - doesnt it mean that the child is not actually deficient? how can you get a good result no matter the time of day if there is a deficiency?

curious how this works?

amother
Pistachio

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 9:51 am
Anybody knows of a good dr in upstate Ny that could help me with this?

amother
Springgreen

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 10:13 am
Did anyone try the once a week hormone? I got approved for the daily one but my daughter is very scared of it. So I’d love to try the weekly.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 10:47 am
amother Springgreen wrote:
Did anyone try the once a week hormone? I got approved for the daily one but my daughter is very scared of it. So I’d love to try the weekly.

Yes my son is using it for a while already. It's great.

amother
Darkblue

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 10:49 am
how come there were no other symptoms if they were gh deficient?

my doctor said that dc would have no hair and other symptoms if were gh deficient.

is gh deficiency hereditary?

look at parents height but what if parentis short cos gh deficiency?

Really depends on severity. Ds is gh deficient but no other effects bh. Except some symptoms which I think are related but dr disagrees.

amother
Darkblue

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 10:53 am
amother Springgreen wrote:

Yes we’re doing it and it’s great. Meds don’t need to be refrigerated and can be taken any time of day. Great results bh.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics