Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
BY of the Five Towns (new school)
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Lightblue

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 4:31 pm
amother [ Daisy ] wrote:
It is going to a Bais Yaakov school with similar hashkafos to tag. It will not though be unrealistic about the use of technology . It is hoping to attract regular main stream Lawrence cedarhurst Woodmere and north woodmere and Hewlett parents who want a bais Yaakov mentality without being obsessed with what girls should not have on their phones.
I feel by default it will not be so bais Yaakov but more of a jpf school.. judging from what I’ve been hearing about the crowd and philosophy. The frummer crowd in tag likely won’t be sending there.. it will be the pple who perhaps would want to go to shulamit but feel that it’s a bit too modern orthodox . .

amother
Daisy

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 5:29 pm
Nope it’s no one who would consider shulamith. It’s ones who are frustrated that tag is making the emphasis on WhatsApp and phones and not middos and being better people

amother
Lightblue

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 6:12 pm
amother [ Daisy ] wrote:
Nope it’s no one who would consider shulamith. It’s ones who are frustrated that tag is making the emphasis on WhatsApp and phones and not middos and being better people

This is literally not true… I’ve heard of a bunch of pple today who are applying to this school and shulamit

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 6:32 pm
amother [ Lightblue ] wrote:
This is literally not true… I’ve heard of a bunch of pple today who are applying to this school and shulamit

Did you hear anyone applying to byam and bby and this new one or is it really just going to be a competitor to tag and shulamit? Also what grades are the kids that are applying in. Anyone past preschool?

amother
Lightblue

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 6:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Did you hear anyone applying to byam and bby and this new one or is it really just going to be a competitor to tag and shulamit? Also what grades are the kids that are applying in. Anyone past preschool?

I personally haven’t.. I really don’t think people intrested in Bby are applying here maybe a few ateres m for those who like a small warm school but otherwise seems to be more of a tag/shulamit alternative.. I was hoping for that too..

mra01385

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 7:01 pm
I was at the open house today for the byof5t today. These are just some of the pointers I heard. The school is going to start with a preschool and first grade. They’re main focus is that the children should love coming to school. That the School should be a warm, welcoming and accepted place. Additionally, they are going to offer a top notch education with certified and experienced teachers. They also want to partner with the parents on how the school should be run. They want parents to give suggestions.

amother
Lightblue

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 7:05 pm
mra01385 wrote:
I was at the open house today for the byof5t today. These are just some of the pointers I heard. The school is going to start with a preschool and first grade. They’re main focus is that the children should love coming to school. That the School should be a warm, welcoming and accepted place. Additionally, they are going to offer a top notch education with certified and experienced teachers. They also want to partner with the parents on how the school should be run. They want parents to give suggestions.

And what was ur impression of the interested parent body

mra01385

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 7:13 pm
My impression of the parent body is like what other posters mentioned, more of a modern non bais yaakov crowd.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 7:19 pm
Was there today also. I applied to tag, shulamith and bais yakov.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 7:43 pm
Also there is no parent body yet
Because there isn’t a school yet
It is opening in 2022

annalee

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 7:55 pm
The new school opening is an elementary school. Don’t remember how I found that out but pretty certain.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 8:02 pm
TAG is such a great school. Why do you need an alternative

amother
Lightgreen

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 8:04 pm
Bec tag is full and doesn’t have room for everyone

amother
Lightgreen

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 8:05 pm
They said they are opening N,K, P1A, and first grade. And the rest to be determined if there is enough interest

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 8:25 pm
amother [ Lightgreen ] wrote:

Tag is also making an active move to go more to the right and not everyone is happy about that.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 8:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Tag is also making an active move to go more to the right and not everyone is happy about that.

TAG is not becoming more right then they originally were. The neighborhood has shifted to the left, but I think they’re just trying to get back to what they always were.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 8:48 pm
In what ways is tag shifting to the right?

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 8:49 pm
amother [ Lightgreen ] wrote:

And because it’s not the right school for everyone.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 11:11 pm
Over the past few years, Tag has been shifting to the right. As a former student, the dress code became more BY, and there is a heightened emphasis against technology. They're focusing more on the externals then on connection. Just as a few examples. I would say it's been in the past 8 years or so.

amother
Lightblue

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 4:18 am
I hear what everyone is saying about the shift.. I just wonder if this new school is going be a place for the more “right” families who also want a focus on connection rather than rules.. if the crowd will be closer to shulamith..
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics