Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
The truth must be told! Rabbi Eidenson told it.

Mevater

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 10:50 am
Who heard Rabbi Eidenson on Rabbi Levin's program?
The truth must be told and he told it!

He made some very important points. He disagreed with some points that Rabbi Levin made and says we have to prioritize.

The damage done by Rabbonim (w/o mentioning names) who were/are aware that child molesters were molesting and who chose to remain quiet, should answer for it now and will certainly answer for it in the next world.

The Roshei Yeshiva (w/o mentioning names) that encourage their students to specifically look for a girl with rich parents, will have to answer for the pain they inflict on less wealthy good girls who are victimized by this.

He says both are unforgivable and have to be stopped with whatever means we have.

He says if we allow our youth's role models to be hypochrites, we will continue to lose our youth with increasing speed.

Rabbi Eidenson was introduced as a Talmid of Rev Moshe, ZTL, (I think that was the Gadol mentioned in the intro) and someone who has been on the radio for many years, on some other station. I am not sure I have ever heard him before, but, he was talking poignantly and emotionally and from and for the hearts of all the "Mr. Yossi Doe"s out there.

What do you all think? I'm sure some of you will say no criticism is ever acceptable . IMHO I THINK if there's no criticism ever, nothing will ever change, and pain will continue to be inflicted.

Squash

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 11:57 am
if this is RAbbi Eidenson from monsey, he is a talmid chochom who has a track record of 'getting things right'. I didn't hear this shiur.

Blossom

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 12:33 pm
If that's what he said then I'm adopting him as one of my Rabbis, the same as I did with R' Yaakov Horowitz.
Finally Rabbis who are speaking the truth and what needs to be spoken!!

amother

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 1:41 pm
If what they are doing is so bad, why can't we mention names? By refusing to be up front about these problems, we are part of the problem, not the solution. Especially in cases of abuse and cover up, we should shout the names of the abusers and those who help them from the rooftops.

Chani

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 6:16 pm
I know Rabbi Eidensohn - he is fantastic. He's says what needs to be said, even when others don't always want to hear it.

Mevater

Post Fri, Apr 11 2008, 10:54 am
R' Eidenson was great. I wish he'd have his own show!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics