Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
21 kids in one year
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 4:01 am
Who’s going to support all these children once their father hits retirement age in just a few years?

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 4:28 am
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
Is that older blonde girl a biological one?

They are all biological. But she was the only one the mother herself carried through pregnancy. The others were born via surrogacy.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 4:28 am
I wish her lots of luck when they are all teenagers!

4g01o

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 4:33 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
I wish her lots of luck when they are all teenagers!

LOL she'll have really lost the plot by then. I'm surprised the husband is on board with this.

Imagine toilet training Can't Believe It

amother
PlumPink

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 4:34 am
What happens if the father decides to get up and leave one day? Or he loses his wealth?
I don't envy those kids! Their home sounds like an institution!

Having 21 kids over many years is worlds apart! The mother gets to bond with each one separately, without 20 other babies vying for attention.

With all the nannies around, I wonder if the babies know she's their mom. They're definitely not growing up in a typical 2-parent household.

ora_43

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 4:35 am
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
I have many fights I could pick to protect children in real danger and abusive situations before taking this up.

This is real abuse. There is no way that 21 toddlers will all get an opportunity to genuinely bond with even one of their parents. IE, one of the only two permanent adult figures in their lives.

That's incredibly emotionally damaging.

Could you do worse harm to a child, if you tried? Sure. But that doesn't make this not abusive.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 4:37 am
thunderstorm wrote:
Who’s going to support all these children once their father hits retirement age in just a few years?

They are extremely wealthy. If each child gets a small trust fund with compounding interest, they could have quite a bit of money by the time they turn 21.

I really wish I could have had enough money to invest when DD was little, so that she could have all of her college paid for. Instead I was spending it on silly things like food and toilet paper.

amother
Ebony

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 4:47 am
amother [ PlumPink ] wrote:
What happens if the father decides to get up and leave one day? Or he loses his wealth?
I don't envy those kids! Their home sounds like an institution!

Having 21 kids over many years is worlds apart! The mother gets to bond with each one separately, without 20 other babies vying for attention.

With all the nannies around, I wonder if the babies know she's their mom. They're definitely not growing up in a typical 2-parent household.

Maybe, but I still have many questions about double digit families that usually don't have good answers. (or have conversations stopping answers like, god sends each child to the world with its own blessing...)

watergirl

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 5:09 am
ora_43 wrote:
This is real abuse. There is no way that 21 toddlers will all get an opportunity to genuinely bond with even one of their parents. IE, one of the only two permanent adult figures in their lives.

Could you do worse harm to a child, if you tried? Sure. But that doesn't make this not abusive.

This.

They are not allowed to be picked up for soothing when they cry. Their mother has no time to look at each diaper so she needs photos. She limits their food to the gram. This is a mother with mental illness and instead of addressing it, she is becoming famous for it. Instagram should not allow her the platform and youtube, etc. should not be promoting her story either. She needs serious help. Shame on her country for allowing this as well. I do not understand why Georgia has so few limitations on surrogacy.

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 5:18 am
ora_43 wrote:

I know a family with close to 20 children. All the children (now adults) feel severely negative about growing up that way. They did not have their emotional needs met and they were helping all the time with responsibilities (ie laundry, helping with the younger ones....) they did not have $ for nannies.

But on the other hand I know children who grew up with 2 workaholic parents, were incredibly bonded to their nannies, not parents.

We also have all the wealthy people in history, parents had little to do with it. UK today still ships off the 7 year olds to boarding schools. Many start of on nannies full time with only bits of parental involvment. They conceive them with the intent to raise them that way too.

Is it a dream childhood? No. They will probably resent the lack of attention from parents, just like the children of the wealthy nanny/boarding school set or workaholics, or even regular sized families where the parents are emotionally absent for no good reason.

If I should spend my time rescuing, I might start with the orphaned foster kids that get medically experimented on today, just like the kids in WW2.

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 8:35 am
Maybe their doing some kind of scientific experiment here on these poor human guinea pigs.

monkeymamma

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 8:40 am
watergirl wrote:
I’m wondering how many people who are commenting here took the time to read the short article. Her nannies work four-day shifts. Out of their pay, they have to pay for rent somewhere else.

It keeps saying they are live in nannies, where do you see that they are paying rent elsewhere or what their shifts are?

tryinghard

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 8:53 am
abaker wrote:
Did anyone find the name choices unusual? Ishmail, huseyin,mehmet, etc and then there are "sara" and "judy" it's a pretty random mix if you ask me.

There’s a Judi (age 16 months I think) and a Judy (age 3 months). That jumped out at me as a sad detail.

watergirl

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 8:56 am
monkeymamma wrote:
It keeps saying they are live in nannies, where do you see that they are paying rent elsewhere or what their shifts are?

I took this to mean that they live in during their four days on.

amother
PlumPink

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 9:04 am
It says "Her snaps capture mealtimes." What are snaps?

southernbubby

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 9:07 am
Some kids grow up in polygamous societies where multiple same age siblings are the norm but each child is cared for by the mother who gave birth to it. Because that's the norm in those societies, kids can identify with others who live the same way.
In Georgia, probably most families are small; possibly only one child and these kids are going to stand out in society and feel like outcasts. At least they have each other but it will be really surprising if they turn out emotionally intact.

Laiya

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 9:12 am
It strikes me as an abuse of medical technology.

It's not like she spontaneously had quintuplets, or even a baby every 9 months.

BrisketBoss

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 9:13 am
amother [ PlumPink ] wrote:
It says "Her snaps capture mealtimes." What are snaps?

Pictures. Snapchat is another social media that the kids are using these days.

monkeymamma

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 9:15 am
watergirl wrote:
I took this to mean that they live in during their four days on.

They are live in nannies as in they live there even when they are not on duty. But this only mentions 6 days a week (4 days on shifts, 2 days off) so who takes care of them on the 7th day of the week?

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 9:19 am
They will probably not interact with many other children. I imagine they will be homeschooled (not by the mom/but by tutors she brings in and tells them what to teach.)
Page 4 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics