Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Interview by Girls school
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Daisy

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 9:55 am
What type" is nachlas actually.

Everyone on imamother says its oot typ.
I dont see that . From the few families I know that send there theyre all Heimish/chassidish. The father wears a shtreimel.
They from B.P. originally..

Chayalle

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 9:57 am
amother [ Daisy ] wrote:

I dont see that . From the few families I know that send there theyre all Heimish/chassidish. The father wears a shtreimel.

The people I know in Nachlas are yeshivish/litvish, regular nice down-to-earth.

Happy to know there is diversity there.

amother
Daisy

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 10:01 am
Chayalle wrote:
The people I know in Nachlas are yeshivish/litvish, regular nice down-to-earth.

Happy to know there is diversity there.

Really the truth is at this point every school has diversity and a real mix to it.
Since so many brooklyn people moved ..
I send to a reg. Lakewood school and my daughter has all types in her class.
From fathers wearing shtreimels/ heimish brooklyn natives ro sefardim.

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 10:07 am
I send to Nachlas I don’t personally know anyone that wears a streimel that sends there. And I have kids in a few grades. I would describe it as chilled and simple. I love going to school events I don’t feel like there is a pressure to keep up with anyone. I don’t think I can categorize it, to me it’s very middle of the road not leaning to any specific side.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 10:15 am
[quote="amother [ Pumpkin ]"]My whole argument here has been that Nachlas doesn’t do this more than anyone else. But I can’t believe you are saying this isn’t a thing in other schools. Sadly it has become part of the calculation in Lakewood and I do personally know people who have given large checks to get in elsewhere. I can name names…

When did you get in? Over the past few years Nachlas has changed. Personally 4 years ago I was looking forward to sending my daughter there. BH we are "affluent" and were giving money to Nachlas before my daughter's we're going to school. (Friend sends there and we gave to their fundraising campaign) Then the past few years when we tried to get friends into school Mr. Robinson asked us to give 50k for their acceptance and these were normal lakewood families!! Guess what my daughter is in primary this year and she is not in Nachlas. We were turned off completely. Side note my friends daughter who is 2 years older than mine tried to get her daughter into my daughter's current school she offered 25k and they turned her down. So no not all schools take bribes. Yes schools need gvarim to support them but you can't make a blanket statement that all schools do this.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 10:18 am
amother [ Mayflower ] wrote:
Nachlas, more than other schools of it's type which I've mentioned upthread, is agreeable to the donation upon acceptance method. Some schools are impossible to get into without "yichus" of some sort. Every school has their thing. Meaning if op or someone else was trying any which way to get into one of three schools of similar caliber, the check goes further for nachlas and for some other school it hurts your case. Sure all schools want that check when dinner season rolls around but they scoff at you if you think that's the way you're getting the initial slot.

For someone who keeps saying you don't mean to offend. And that you don't mean it in a bad way. This is quite offensive to the school, and sounds like you do mean it "in bad way". How can saying that a school's thing is taking money over values not a bad thing? 🤔

Again, I find that when people feel so strongly about any institution, it is coming for a personal negative place. Maybe a feeling that their children's school needs to the best, and they can make this happen by spreading LH about other schools? Or feeling bad that they didn't get it in to said school? I have no idea. (Also, even if this LH is true, it's still LH. Basic Halacha.)

BH, with both my son and (older so not applicable to said school) girls - I have never had this experience. We are not wealthy, and have no yichus. We did have to ask people to make calls though.

Poor OP, this thread sure has gotten hijacked! I will Daven for an successful process for you!! IYH you will get through this.

amother
Daisy

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 10:36 am
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
I send to Nachlas I don’t personally know anyone that wears a streimel that sends there. And I have kids in a few grades. I would describe it as chilled and simple. I love going to school events I don’t feel like there is a pressure to keep up with anyone. I don’t think I can categorize it, to me it’s very middle of the road not leaning to any specific side.

I guess you dont see the fathers on shobbas.

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 10:38 am
amother [ Daisy ] wrote:
I guess you dont see the fathers on shobbas.

Half my neighborhood sends there so I see plenty. And I’m close to many people so I know what they wear on shabbos. I’m not saying there aren’t any at all, but it’s a tiny minority.

amother
Eggshell

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 10:48 am
Half my neighborhood sends there so I see plenty. And I’m close to many people so I know what they wear on shabbos. I’m not saying there aren’t any at all, but it’s a tiny minority.

This is true

jellybelly94

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 10:51 am
Yes it's not known to be a heimishe school at all. It's a yeshivish working crowd with a simpler out of town families (not necessarily out of town but jst simpler in tht sense) I've heard rly rly great things about the school seems like eo who sends there is very happy w the warmth. There r so so many amazing schools in lkwd and altho its such a hard process, op iMYH this will work out for u! Hashem will help u get into the rite plc imYH I davened and still keep davening for u!!

amother
Bergamot

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 12:16 pm
amother [ Daisy ] wrote:

Is it simaliar to Bnos Hadassa by any chance?
any one have any other suggestions since these two schools seem so hard to get into?

jellybelly94

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 12:27 pm
They say neemas and nachlas r similar. Then seems there's many more schools tht r considered a bit more to the right and drop more to the left of these two schools but rly in my humble opinion most of the schools r very similar types w tiny tiny differences cuz all these schools r mixes. ( to give u an idea ik ppl who applied to neemas nachlas meoros bnos bracha bem, moreshes ( w moreshes I think bieng considered most to the right) . These r the schools geared towards working yeshivish families obvs w some bieng more of a mix and some less. I'm sure there r more new ones too. Idk anything abt bnos hadassah

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 12:32 pm
amother [ Bergamot ] wrote:
Is it simaliar to Bnos Hadassa by any chance?
any one have any other suggestions since these two schools seem so hard to get into?

No not at all similar it’s really not heimish I don’t know why people not in the school are insisting that.

amother
Bergamot

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 12:49 pm
No not at all similar it’s really not heimish I don’t know why people not in the school are insisting that.

Can anyone please suggest another school close in type to Bnos Hadassa? middle of the road...

keym

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 12:56 pm
amother [ Bergamot ] wrote:
Can anyone please suggest another school close in type to Bnos Hadassa? middle of the road...

I think it's called Bais Hachinuch. It's young, though. Only through 3rd grade or something.
I know a few families there Heimish/neutral Chassidishe. Father's wear Streimel, mothers drive.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 1:11 pm
I heard Bnos Penina has heimish crowd.

amother
Daisy

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 1:14 pm
keym wrote:
I think it's called Bais Hachinuch. It's young, though. Only through 3rd grade or something.
I know a few families there Heimish/neutral Chassidishe. Father's wear Streimel, mothers drive.

Bais hachinuch has a 4th grade.
And its nowhere near the same type as Bnos Hadassa.

amother
Bergamot

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 2:33 pm
amother [ Daisy ] wrote:
Bais hachinuch has a 4th grade.
And its nowhere near the same type as Bnos Hadassa.

Can you elaborate? someone suggested I apply there since Bnos Hadassa is beyond tough to get into

amother
Bone

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 2:36 pm
I live next to the belz community off locust. The belz chassidim that the women choose to drive send to beis hachinuch. They are all chasidish and went to chasidish schools (belz,gur,vien,….)in Boro park growing up.

amother
Bergamot

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 4:46 pm
keym wrote:

Anyone send to this school? do the teachers speak in Yiddish when they teach... My kids speak very minimal Yiddish
Any other options 🤔??

Thank you all for the responses!!
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries