Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Interview by Girls school
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 7:47 am
Hi please advise me. As I have applied to 4 girls schools for Primary and havent gotten even 1 interview. I am hearing that everyone is full. Should I call the owner of the school, Principal or someone else? How am I supposed to proceed?

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 7:55 am
That is so stressful. The first step is call the school office and say you applied a while back and want to know if you can get an interview. Also if you know anyone who works in any school then have them speak to the principal/ owner on your behalf. Good luck!

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 7:56 am
Also does anyone know if bais faiga started interviews yet? I spoke to them last wk and they were still doing the cheder. I know they do it later than the other Schools. Wonder if they started bais faiga yet

imasinger

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 7:57 am
It's late already!

Did you apply to places that are popular, or did you choose options you think you have a chance at?

Have DH ask rabbeim, chevrusa, etc. You do the same. Ask everyone you know until you find someone with some pull. Take the school that's least competitive, and have everyone you think has any persuasive power to call on your behalf.

Hatzlacha!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 7:59 am
Already tried the offices and I applied to Bais Tova,Chein, Meoros and Neemas. Any suggestions?

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 8:02 am
I'm not familiar with any of the schools, but if they're full then try applying to other schools.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 8:03 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Already tried the offices and I applied to Bais Tova,Chein, Meoros and Neemas. Any suggestions?

Chein doesn’t usually open registration for primary bec they only have one class in each grade and they have a kindergarten class. I know this year’s kindergarten class is 20 girls so they were accepting a few girls for the coming primary. I’m sure they are completely full by now.
I don’t know about the other schools.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 8:14 am
Anyone know any school still giving interviews?

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 9:53 am
Try new schools like shiras bais yaakov and bais yaakov drav meir

amother
Ballota

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 10:03 am
Yeh I saw shiras by advertised tht still taking applications

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 10:04 am
amother [ Ballota ] wrote:
Yeh I saw shiras by advertised tht still taking applications n u cud always try ur luck w nachlas (if u give some money....make help lol)

Nachlas is full.

amother
Bone

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 10:09 am
Did you consider going into the school on a school day at a quiet time (not morning or lunch…) and ask school staff directly. I know that worked for me. I walked into the school and asked the principle for an interview saying this is where I want my child to go…..

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 12:42 pm
Drav Meir is only taking if your in Yeshiva currently...I am more right wing then Shiras By. Plus they seem to be struggling to make it. Anyone here think its normal to just walk in to a schools office?

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 12:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Drav Meir is only taking if your in Yeshiva currently...I am more right wing then Shiras By. Plus they seem to be struggling to make it. Anyone here think its normal to just walk in to a schools office?
you do whatever it takes. Unfortunately you MUST apply pressure or you will hit a brick wall. Find a school you have the most connections with and work from there. Have everyone call for you!

amother
Cherry

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 2:04 pm
amother [ Razzmatazz ] wrote:
Also does anyone know if bais faiga started interviews yet? I spoke to them last wk and they were still doing the cheder. I know they do it later than the other Schools. Wonder if they started bais faiga yet
from what I’ve heard bf does it the same time as other schools now. So they ought to be interviewing now. I’d call the business office. Did they say you were getting an interview?

amother
Mayflower

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 2:04 pm
Schools will say they are "full" a week past applications but in reality they hold slots. Very rarely are they completely full so early but they have very limited slots left and now it's a game.

Unfortunately you will need "pull" for any of the schools you listed. Neemas should be the easiest of all of them. Shiras is a real option, they are new but not sure why you think they are struggling?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 2:18 pm
Was told Shiras two grades are pretty empty and when I asked what type I didnt get any answer. Neemas I thought would be easier but I am hitting a brick wall. Does anyone know who to speak to at Neemas. Who really pulls the strings there?

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 2:19 pm
amother [ Cherry ] wrote:
from what I’ve heard bf does it the same time as other schools now. So they ought to be interviewing now. I’d call the business office. Did they say you were getting an interview?

They deff do the cheder interviews the first few weeks and then go to bais Faiga interviews. I was wondering if anyone knows if they started bais Faiga. The business office told me they didn’t start but I don’t know if it’s true lol. I am not guaranteed an interview but I’m an alumnus so I’m very hopeful that I will get an interview.

amother
Mayflower

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 2:23 pm
For beis faiga start calling pull even if your an alumnus. It is of the most difficult schools to get into if not the most.

Shiras opened two years ago and is still at one class each grade. Your best bet with neemas is to get in touch with the owner Katz, or someone who is close to him. Neemas is only one year older than shiras but they are positioning themselves to the right and are known to purposely hold slots to make themselves seem exclusive.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 2:28 pm
Thanks, Rabbi Katz claims to be overbooked this year. Plus it seems that he is not the one calling the shots as the message I am getting is that it's complicated and that he needs to speak to someone.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries