Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Do you check receipts after shopping?
1  2  3  Next

Do you check receipts for mistakes after shopping?
yes  
 61%  [ 75 ]
no  
 38%  [ 46 ]
Total Votes : 121

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 3:07 pm
Do you check receipts after shopping either in the store or once you get home to see if they didn't make any mistakes?

amother
Cognac

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 3:14 pm
I also stare at the cash register to ensure it scans up correctly

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 3:46 pm
Yes. And more often than not, I end up being undercharged and go to customer service to give them more money. (It has been very few times at a Jewish store, more often at Shoprite and Costco.)

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 3:47 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Yes. And more often than not, I end up being undercharged and go to customer service to give them more money. (It has been very few times at a Jewish store, more often at Shoprite and Costco.)

Do you find that they are impressed? The times I have done this, or for a missed item, I found they just said "ok" and my whole glow of making a kiddush hashem dissipated...

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 3:51 pm
Yes, and the mistakes I sometimes find really add up.

zaq

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 3:57 pm
My supermarket is notorious for errors that somehow are always in their favor. I keep a running estimate of the total in my head (always shocked by how much sales tax adds to the bill)and check the receipt before leaving the store. They once charged me for arugula (6.99/lb) when what I bought was red cabbage (99 cents/lb).

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 3:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do you check receipts after shopping either in the store or once you get home to see if they didn't make any mistakes?

I check before I put my stuff in the car, I’ve found mistakes numerous times.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 4:07 pm
amother [ Honeysuckle ] wrote:
Yes, and the mistakes I sometimes find really add up.

I was once charged for 50 oranges instead of 5
Another time I was charged for 25 loaves of bread instead of 2.

amother
Anemone

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 4:28 pm
I'm always busy with kids but every time I check a receipt I find a mistake in the stores favor.
$25 box of strawberries was memorable.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 4:36 pm
I don't but I can calculate things in my head pretty fast so often when I see the total I realize it's too little or too much and then see what went wrong.

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 4:38 pm
Either I watch when they are scanning or I check the receipt.

Reality

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 4:43 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I was once charged for 50 oranges instead of 5
Another time I was charged for 25 loaves of bread instead of 2.

Yup. One Pesach I was charged for 44 bars of chocolate instead of 4. That added over $100 to my bill!!

flowerpower

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 4:52 pm
I do. I found a few mistakes on my grocery receipt like 36 packs of a candy instead of 3. They charged 2 pairs of $10 tights instead of one....

Teomima

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 5:07 pm
Usually, yes. Definitely when buying more expensive items like clothing.

amother
Molasses

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 5:40 pm
I always check and 50% of the time the items I bought that were supposed to be on sale did not ring up as the sale price. I’m usually only able to check after I leave the store and by then it’s not worth it for me to go back to haggle over a dollar or two. But add up all those shopping trips and the stores I frequent owe me a lot of money!

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 6:56 pm
the one time I checked after buying 2 pcs of clothes at a clothing store, I saw I was overcharged. I hated going back in bc it was kind of a high end store

singleagain

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 7:03 pm
As a person who works in a grocery. Let me explain a few things.

One: it is NEVER the fault of the cashier, whatever you do.. don't yell at them. Don't blame them

Two: sometimes it is my fault. I accidentally put the wrong item on sale, or I forgot a flavor...I have since grouped things. But sometimes new flavors don't get out in the group right away.

Three: sometimes signs get left up by accident. Check the dang date! Make sure it's actually still on sale, and that it didn't end on Friday.

Four: prices change randomly. Could be that in between you taking it off the shelf and bringing it to the register, the price went up. I'm sorry. But that's life.

Last edited by singleagain on Mon, Nov 01 2021, 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Brickred

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 7:09 pm
My local store's prices are rising so quickly these days that they don't bother switching the prices on the shelves. Banging head Super annoying especially when you're being careful about choosing what you think is the cheapest brand(as per the price written on the shelf)and it comes up way more at the register.
When I complained manager explained that they don't write down prices anymore!! Surprised

singleagain

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 7:19 pm
amother [ Brickred ] wrote:
My local store's prices are rising so quickly these days that they don't bother switching the prices on the shelves. Banging head Super annoying especially when you're being careful about choosing what you think is the cheapest brand(as per the price written on the shelf)and it comes up way more at the register.
When I complained manager explained that they don't write down prices anymore!! Surprised

That is not cool. At my store, we really do our best to get the right prices to the shelf. But sometimes things happen, like you give it to the guy right before he goes on break. Or it ends up in someone's pockets bc he gets stopped to help someone else and he forgets... We are human... I once went home with the walkie talkie in my pocket.

amother
Catmint

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 7:26 pm
singleagain wrote:
As a person who works in a grocery. Let me explain a few things.

One: it is NEVER the fault of the cashier, whatever you do.. don't tell at them. Don't blame them

Ringing up the wrong number of items would be the cashier's fault ... ?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics