Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Covid Vaccine for kids 5-11
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

causemommysaid

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 9:17 pm
I'm not watching an 8 hour video. Who has the cliffnotes?

amother
Trillium

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 11:03 pm
The 8 hours was only one part of presenting to the bais din, the anti side. They had the pro side present too. Their paskening is not on the video. The other poster says that is what they paskened. But they are most definitely not anonymous, and it is easy enough to call to see what they decided is the right thing to do, may be case by case basis anyway.

Unfortunately, I do not remember where that thread is but someone upthread they are working on a shortened version, maybe they will post that or are able to post the long one. I opened it and watched it bit by bit then. Sorry I can't be of more help.

amother
Winterberry

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 4:41 am
It isn't yet available for that age group here in Israel, but I'm sure it will be soon.
And I really don't know what we'll do, I certainly don't want to give it, but since we are here on student visas we won't be able to go in and out the country if they aren't vaxxed. So yes, it will be a big dilemma what to do.

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 4:57 am
No. No. A thousand times no.
Not after taking my 18 year old healthy kid to all her cardiologist appointments.
She needed to take her vaccine in order to attend college. We couldn’t get her an exemption cuz she is a healthy kid. So she got her first vaccine. A week later she developed heart palpitations. Went to the cardiologist. Put her on a heart monitor. The palpitations are there. So now, my healthy 18 year old has to deal with daily heart medication and daily heart palpitations.
I regret the vaccine for her. She had covid but right in the beginning and she really wanted to go to school.
No way am I subjecting my younger kids to this.
And yes. Hubby and I are vaccinated. But not running to get the booster shot.

shnitzel

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 4:58 am
Laiya wrote:
No.

If ch"vsh my child were of the 1 in 3,500-5,000 who developed heart inflammation, I don't know how I could forgive myself.

Although that number is for the teenagers.

We don't even know what the risks are for younger kids since the trial was, by design, too small and too short to capture any possible adverse events.

The risk of myocarditis in teens with covid is actually higher. B”h it is still very low and myocarditis is usually not super dangerous but it’s higher with natural infection.

amother
Almond

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 5:04 am
shnitzel wrote:
The risk of myocarditis in teens with covid is actually higher. B”h it is still very low and myocarditis is usually not super dangerous but it’s higher with natural infection.

My pediatrician says he is seeing more heart issues post covid vaccination than post covid infection. He is SUPER pro vax for all others but not the covid shot. He says it is harming his patients

amother
Trillium

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 5:10 am
shnitzel wrote:
myocarditis is usually not super dangerous

There is no such thing as a lite case of heart disease. It is ALWAYS serious.

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 5:13 am
First shot scheduled this coming weekend.

My pediatrician supports it, as they also did for those 12+.

No underlying health issues.

It's us doing our part to bring covid cases down on a macro level, and I believe it is a useful tool in reducing COVID transmission and risks.

I also don't come from the same world of privilege where jobs are disposable and homeschooling is possible.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 5:27 am
shnitzel wrote:

You choose to get the vaccine. You don't choose to get covid. Myocarditis is dangerous. The person's heart is inflamed.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 5:28 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:

It's us doing our part to bring covid cases down on a macro level, and I believe it is a useful tool in reducing COVID transmission and risks.

I also don't come from the same world of privilege where jobs are disposable and homeschooling is possible.

How is your child getting the vaccine doing your part, when people with the vaccine still get and transmit covid?

amother
Almond

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 5:32 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:

If homeschool is your issue, there are homeschool pods being formed in most communities that will grow once mandates come into play. If you trust the science that is 1 thing, but if you have your doubts because you need to work there are many many who can help you with that! Children are not dispensable like jobs.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 5:38 am
As I posted in a different thread, my pediatrician who is super careful regarding covid said NO to vaccinating children. The large practice has seen 5,000 children either testing positive for covid or antibodies. Guess how many needed medical intervention? ZERO

I'm not saying that covid is not dangerous for adults. But in kids it is so miniscule that my pediatricians said no to vaccinations.

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 5:44 am
I don't have anyone in this category, and I'm glad. My first thought is that I would have definitely given it if came out with all the others, because preventing then from passing it on and bringing it home is not nothing, and I could let up on the precautions for them which would make them happier. But now that we know it's largely about helping the person themself, because they're still catching and spreading, I wouldn't want to.

On the other hand, for many kids, the biggest problem of all of this is the quarantining. So if covid was going around my neighborhood and their friends, I might vaccinate to keep them able to go out, be in school, and be with friends. It's not a convenience issue- it's solving a real problem. The same way I give meds with real side effects to my kid on the autism spectrum to help with social and behavioral issues.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 6:00 am
That will be a huge NO from this mama

groisamomma

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 7:08 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
In Lakewood: Dr. Shanik strongly recommended the vaccine for my youngest who is 11 years old. This child had Covid 2/21 but no longer has antibodies. I don't know what he recommends for kids who have antibodies. My 2 teens were vaccinated in the summer following his advice. I listen to Dr. Shanik about my children's other health concerns and will continue to follow his advice with this!

If what you're saying is true, and I have no reason to believe otherwise, it will be the first time in 20 years that I am not listening to Dr. Shanik. Sad

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 7:34 am
Honestly, want to post as a minority opinion here. I cannot wait for DS's 5th birthday next month so he can get the shot. I will also vaccinate my 2 year old as soon as possible. It just seems really clear to me that the risks of actually having covid - which are admittedly low at this age group - are much higher than any potential risks of the shot - which are lower. Both are unlikely, but higher chance of heart problems from covid. Higher chance of long term illness from covid. Higher chance of loss of smell from covid. Higher chance of hospitalization from covid. Tiny, tiny, tiny chance but still higher chance of death from covid. Maybe some chance of heart problems from the shot, but a lower chance than if they get covid without the prior protection of the shot, which everyone will eventually? Plus the benefits of no quarantine post shot. There's a lot of scary stuff going around, rumors going around, but...covid is also new and scary, and to me it's a lot newer and scarier than vaccinations and even this kind of vaccination. Anyway, I know this is a minority opinion on this site and am posting anonymously because I know people get pretty angry about it here. But I did think it was worth putting in a different take.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 7:37 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Honestly, want to post as a minority opinion here. I cannot wait for DS's 5th birthday next month so he can get the shot. I will also vaccinate my 2 year old as soon as possible. It just seems really clear to me that the risks of actually having covid - which are admittedly low at this age group - are much higher than any potential risks of the shot - which are lower. Both are unlikely, but higher chance of heart problems from covid. Higher chance of long term illness from covid. Higher chance of loss of smell from covid. Higher chance of hospitalization from covid. Tiny, tiny, tiny chance but still higher chance of death from covid. Maybe some chance of heart problems from the shot, but a lower chance than if they get covid without the prior protection of the shot, which everyone will eventually? Plus the benefits of no quarantine post shot. There's a lot of scary stuff going around, rumors going around, but...covid is also new and scary, and to me it's a lot newer and scarier than vaccinations and even this kind of vaccination. Anyway, I know this is a minority opinion on this site and am posting anonymously because I know people get pretty angry about it here. But I did think it was worth putting in a different take.

Poor you😔

shnitzel

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 7:42 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
You choose to get the vaccine. You don't choose to get covid. Myocarditis is dangerous. The person's heart is inflamed.

If covid is endemic and they are out in public they are going to catch it at some point. I feel like lockdowns and social isolation are so psychologically damaging keeping them home to protect them just seems cruel at this point.

Laiya

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 7:42 am
shnitzel wrote:

And another reminder of the absolute crime of refusing to advise and educate the public about early treatment. No child or teenager should suffer from myocarditis as a result of a covid infection given what is now known about covid and the high effectiveness of early treatments.

We don't know how dangerous vaccine-induced mycarditis or pericarditis is in teens or young children. We don't know what their hearts will look like in 5 years. Anyone who makes any predictions is lying.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 7:43 am
shnitzel wrote:
If covid is endemic and they are out in public they are going to catch it at some point. I feel like lockdowns and social isolation are so psychologically damaging keeping them home to protect them just seems cruel at this point.

Most kids are not kept in lockdown and social isolation at this point.
Page 3 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics