Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Rambam diet book
1  2  Next

gamekeeper

Post Sun, Apr 13 2008, 1:03 pm
has anyone heard about David Zulbergs 'life changing diet book'?
is it any good?

mimivan

Post Sun, Apr 13 2008, 1:08 pm
I'd also be very interested to know...

Ruchel

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 6:18 am
it's a real book?
must be fascinating

ChossidMom

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 6:19 am
I met a lady at the gym who has it and is doing it.
She says it's amazing!!
By the way, she fasts two days a week (only drinks till night time) and says it's not hard.

I'd love to get it but it's awfully expensive.

gamekeeper

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 12:00 pm
I know it is expensive!
but ive heard so many good things about it and I have seen some people loose sooooo much weight on this diet!
I know the authors mother and while she was editing the book she went on the diet. she seriously is half her size now. she was a really REALLY big lady and now she is about a size 8 or 10! and she is in her late fifties if not early 60s!

ChossidMom

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 1:06 pm
What I don't get is - what makes this an easier diet to stick to than any other diet? They all work if you stick to them.
The thing about this one is that it's supposed to be really healthy. He even tells you when to eat what foods which correspond to the various organs in the body. No eating between 11:00 am and 1:00 pm for example (because the organs are resting or something).

Koshermomma

Post Mon, Apr 14 2008, 3:18 pm
Forgive my ignorance - what is the rambam's diet book, and what does David Zulberg have to do with it? I was on a diet that worked really well for me, I lost over 40 pounds, stopped doing the diet, and gained most of it back. Now when I try to do the diet again, it doesn't work at all!! So I am looking for something new, and if a 60 year old woman could lose weight on it, I'm willing to try!

gamekeeper

Post Tue, Apr 15 2008, 12:01 pm
david zulberg wrote a book based on the rambans diet rules. its also got an excercise programme thats easy to follow etc. its published by feldheim books. look it up.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Apr 15 2008, 12:38 pm
oh, that sounds kind of interesting !

pinkbubbles

Post Wed, Apr 16 2008, 2:17 am
I haven't heard of that book, but I have something called Nature's Wealth. Its a book on different foods (fruits/veg) and what they do/are useful for. At the back it has a section on how to eat properly. I followed it for a while and I was at my perfect weight, and I felt amazing! I would love to see this new book as it for sure has more details and information on the proper way of eating!! I wanted to introduce this to my dh too, he is slowly adapting to how I eat (which means more healthy food, whole wheat, less junk food and soda Wink, eats what he sees me eating) so he'd probably do it with me!

doubter

Post Sun, Nov 20 2011, 6:48 pm
is this diet good for people with pcos? I have the book and I was wondering if it would be ok, I.e fruit in the morning (would it mess up the blood sugar), or only 2 real meals a day versus 5 small insulin resistance friendly meals..

miami85

Post Sun, Nov 20 2011, 6:58 pm
I don't know. my DH and I are trying it right now. I think the book discusses what to do for diabetics. I think he also says that this diet could be good for anyone. I think instead of fruit for breakfast you could have a salad. Instead of carb CF meals, have protein.

doubter

Post Mon, Nov 21 2011, 3:34 pm
good point, although I'm more concerned about the 2+1 hwc meal vs the 5-6 meals needed for pcos than the fruit, good luck to you guys

Tweedy

Post Mon, Nov 21 2011, 6:01 pm
You can have fruits or veggies inbetween meals. So you could have for example big bowl of salad between breakfast and lunch and a plain vegetable soup between lunch and dinner. There you go with 5 meals Smile I am coming up to phase 2 now. Don't think have lost any weight in phase 1. Has anyone else?

doubter

Post Sun, Jun 17 2012, 7:45 am
Tweedy were you successful on this diet? I started rereading it now and trying to convince myself to go on it for real..

Hashemlovesme

Post Sun, Jun 17 2012, 8:03 am
my brother lost & kept off a lot of weight. he says it's easy to maintain as well.

doubter

Post Sun, Jun 17 2012, 8:03 am
that's encouraging news

Tweedy

Post Sun, Jun 17 2012, 4:48 pm
doubter wrote:
Tweedy were you successful on this diet? I started rereading it now and trying to convince myself to go on it for real..

Yep, I lost close to 10 kg in 6 or 7 month. and I am convinced I would have lost much more if I would not cheat on shabbos and yom tov embarrassed still going. another 10kg to lose. lets update each other Smile

jarussy

Post Sun, Jun 17 2012, 5:56 pm
my sister just lost 20lbs on it. I read the whole book. Does not say anything about fasting 2 days a week or not eating from 11-1. It's very easy to follow because it takes about 8 weeks to fully be on the program. He introduces one new habit a week. The book works with the subconscious accumulation process which means every time you do something right or wrong your brain takes a mental picture. When you consistently do things right your brain forms a habit of it. It's a very interesting book and is based on the Rambam who gives a guarentee that anyone who follows his plan will never get sick unless they have a pre-exisiting condition.

doubter

Post Mon, Jun 18 2012, 4:16 am
Tweedy that's amazing! great job to you! it's also encouraging to hear, I just started my first day of HWC meal, I'm eating my yum fruits but the weird thing is that in 10 min I might be noshing cuz its one habit a week.. I hope to stay like you did , lets keep each other posted and encouraged.
jarussy that's great! yes I also didn't see anything about fasting..
I'm just again concerned for my pcos because I 'm supposed to eat a protein at every meal including snacks to keep my blood sugar stable but I'll still try it and see what happens
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars