Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Miami neighborhoods safety:Miami Gardens, Opa Locka, Hialeah
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 10:03 pm
Are neighborhoods of Miami Gardens, opa locka, Hialeah safe?

Please add any other safe or unsafe neighborhoods names, within about 20 min drive to north Miami Beach, if you know about them.

Thank you!

amother
Stoneblue

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 10:24 pm
Generally speaking, no. Sunny isles beach, Aventura, Hollywood are better choices.

amother
Hunter

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 10:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Are neighborhoods of Miami Gardens, opa locka, Hialeah safe?

Please add any other safe or unsafe neighborhoods names, within about 20 min drive to north Miami Beach, if you know about them.

Thank you!

Opa Locka? Hialeah? I'm not aware of these being Jewish neighborhoods.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 10:39 pm
amother [ Hunter ] wrote:
Opa Locka? Hialeah? I'm not aware of these being Jewish neighborhoods.

Yea, I see no minyanim there but researching regardless.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 10:39 pm
amother [ Stoneblue ] wrote:
Generally speaking, no. Sunny isles beach, Aventura, Hollywood are better choices.

💯
And $$$$ Confused

Della

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 10:50 pm
I grew up in North Miami Beach and while it’s definitely been a long time, Opa-Locka and Hialeah are not the type of neighborhood you would want to be in. They are not safe I would avoid them

amother
Stoneblue

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 11:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
💯
And $$$$ Confused

Are you talking about for vacation or to live? If you're considering a move you should definitely speak to local realtors. None of the cities you mentioned have any sort of frum representation. Some are extremely unsafe, which often means they're much cheaper as well.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 11:34 pm
Prices of homes in the frum areas have gone up tremendously in the last couple of years.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 11:53 pm
Della wrote:
I grew up in North Miami Beach and while it’s definitely been a long time, Opa-Locka and Hialeah are not the type of neighborhood you would want to be in. They are not safe I would avoid them

Thank you; what about Miami Gardens, Miramar, Hollywood hills?
Does it make sense that miami real estate is more expensive than nj, less than ny of course but still less for the money.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 11:55 pm
What about nmb itself, also on the other side of the canal?
Some people say it’s not safe, others seem chilled about it.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 9:58 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What about nmb itself, also on the other side of the canal?
Some people say it’s not safe, others seem chilled about it.

Miami gardens is a very unsafe city. Lots of gang related crime. I don't know anyone who considers nmb unsafe today. The frum area is extremely dense and the neighborhood is known to be much safer than the surrounding areas. The other side of the canal isn't densely frum but it's still a safe area. The houses there tend to all be small.

The real estate market is inflated right now in Miami. It has never looked like this before and will likely calm down but now is the very worst it's ever been and isn't representative of the typical market.

Cost of living in Miami is definitely not lower than the tri state area. No one should move for that reason.

amother
Celeste

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 10:15 am
Aventura has nice apts
Hollywood is less expensive and has town houses near Shula and shopping
Boca raton has expensive homes and they are building a new young isreal

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 10:18 am
I’m looking for a house on a bigger side, at a lesser price, within reasonable driving distance from nmb.
I don’t mind if it’s not in a Jewish area, as long as it’s safe.
ETA: I mean I can’t buy a million dollar house.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 11:51 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m looking for a house on a bigger side, at a lesser price, within reasonable driving distance from nmb.

Look into Hollywood. If you don't care about walking distance to shul you'll find many large homes for reasonable prices

amother
Nasturtium

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 12:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I live in NMB on "the other side of 6th Ave". Not many Jews there but it's walking distance to the main Jewish area and the shuls. Houses are still somewhat more affordable on this side. For whatever reason the NMB community is a little hesitant to cross 6th Ave. I wouldn't willingly live in any of those cities you listed - they are extremely unsafe, Hialeah especially.

If you're looking at Hollywood, Hollywood Hills or West Hollywood is way more affordable than Emerald Hills. You should also check out Cooper City - it's very up and coming and from what I hear, not as ridiculous as Aventura or Hollywood.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 12:41 pm
I think people avoid the other side of 6 because there is no eiruv and probably can't extend the nmb eiruv over 6.

busy mommy

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 12:50 pm
I think people avoid the other side of 6 because there is no eiruv and probably can't extend the nmb eiruv over 6.

The eruv does extend over 6th Ave.
@OP over 6th Ave doesn't have huge houses either but they are definitely more affordable and walking distance to shuls.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 1:21 pm
amother [ Nasturtium ] wrote:
I live in NMB on "the other side of 6th Ave". Not many Jews there but it's walking distance to the main Jewish area and the shuls. Houses are still somewhat more affordable on this side. For whatever reason the NMB community is a little hesitant to cross 6th Ave. I wouldn't willingly live in any of those cities you listed - they are extremely unsafe, Hialeah especially.

If you're looking at Hollywood, Hollywood Hills or West Hollywood is way more affordable than Emerald Hills. You should also check out Cooper City - it's very up and coming and from what I hear, not as ridiculous as Aventura or Hollywood.

Thank you, that’s very helpful. I’m going to look into those.

any other neighborhoods that are ok in terms of safety? I’m not familiar and on the map they all look the same -that’s where I got the names from Smile

The other side of 6th ave -what street numbers are still considered North Miami Beach and safe? What do you still consider a reasonable price there?

L K

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 1:22 pm
Look into Hollywood. If you don't care about walking distance to shul you'll find many large homes for reasonable prices

I’m seeing pretty high prices in Hollywood so far…

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 1:24 pm
busy mommy wrote:
The eruv does extend over 6th Ave.
@OP over 6th Ave doesn't have huge houses either but they are definitely more affordable and walking distance to shuls.

What size are houses there, and what’s a reasonable price?
Thanks
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating