Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts
HEY, MIAMI BOYS CHOIR FANS FROM 1990'S
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

seeker

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 10:48 pm
I had them on tape, not on video/DVD. Until imamother I had no idea I was missing out on a whole boy scene. I knew all the songs but didn't know the BOYS.

amother
Pansy

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 10:50 pm
Lately I’ve been listening to MBC on Amazon music. And it’s like a blast from the past. It’s kind of comforting to listen to the songs I grew up with.

(I was not into the boys)

seeker

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 10:55 pm
And now that I took the time to see it on video - OMG. How did they do all that jumping around and still sing without being totally out of breath? I did not have this appreciation in the past.

hello3

Post Wed, Nov 10 2021, 11:31 pm
amother [ Pansy ] wrote:
Lately I’ve been listening to MBC on Amazon music. And it’s like a blast from the past. It’s kind of comforting to listen to the songs I grew up with.

(I was not into the boys)

This! So comforting it’s scary.
I agree with all of the above, music isn’t the same anymore

Ruchy

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 2:25 am
This! So comforting it’s scary.
I agree with all of the above, music isn’t the same anymore[/quote][quote]

Yes!
I miss those days! Part of my favorite music.
Singing those songs makes me warm all over with nostalgia! And in seventh grade my friend would imitate Eric Stern "ki Hashem, elokecho, mishalech bkerev machanecho.... Vihoyo machanecho kadosh..."

LOL

amother
Oatmeal

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 6:20 am
Going anon Bec of identifying info. Jonathan Paley of besiata dishmaya fame is now an orthodontist living in Israel and New York. My kids had Mrs. Begun as a teacher and director of their 7th grade play...my daughter got to record music in the recording studio at the Begun home in Brooklyn!!

amother
Topaz

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 7:31 am
I was recently on a call with a client and while he was waiting for me to do something he started singing one of their songs. I said "wow, that's a blast from the past". He told me he was on MBC and he was one of the soloists on that song. And I said "when I was 12 I would have been so thrilled to talk to you".

I was so mortified after, I couldn't believe I said that to some man. And I'm in my 40s!

amother
RosePink

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 8:14 am
shirachadasha wrote:
I listened to the tapes over and over and over.

For those of you who know any of these boys irl, did they continue to use their talents?

Well, mordechai Shapiro obviously… and his brother duvie is pretty popular too.
I was obsessed with the Miami in yerushalayim video - huuuge crush on duvie Shapiro!! The funny part is that their mom was my English teacher!!

yidishmamma

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 8:18 am
amother [ RosePink ] wrote:
I was obsessed with the Miami in yerushalayim video - huuuge crush on duvie Shapiro!! The funny part is that their mom was my English teacher!!

There was a interview in mishpacha magazine a while back with mordechai. He said that yerachmeal only wanted his brother . The mother said if u don't take mordechai too then the other one can't go either . She took them from Monday to brooklyn for the choir practice

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 12:01 pm
So interesting to see how some ppl really grew up knowing them personally.
I totally dreamt of marrying Douvie. Hes still such a great singer and so is Mordy!! Today I had on Boruch levine off the record.. amazing CD. nostalgia right through.. totally warms my hearT. My shabbes cooking was so enjoyable with these old tracks.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 12:25 pm
amother [ RosePink ] wrote:

Is their sister Sorah Shapiro?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 7:17 pm

mordy still going strong!!!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 7:20 pm
Is that his son? looks just like him as a child. too cute!!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 7:26 pm
delete

honey36

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 8:26 pm
Love love love MBC. Oh, such memories! I even have the old piano book and use it all the time!

I'm from OOT. A few of them stayed at my house once when they came to my city for a concert. I was to young to remember but my mom jokes about how they were so quiet and shy. They just stayed in their room. After a couple hours she went down to ask them if they were hungry. so they say "were starving!" Apparently someone forgot to give them food that day 🤣

Not sure if this was an OOT thing, but maybe someone will know what I'm talking about
TTO Miami adon Olam:
Don't know why I shared my lunch
With Chery coke and nestle crunch,
I hate myself but that's ok
Because I'm on a diet anyways 🤪

amother
Petunia

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 8:38 pm
is there a way to get the soloists pic and name on here? I'm the clip now years later and still don't know who's how. How does a jacket cover tell you who's who.

also, anyone else can't get over the super baggy pants and sleeves that were the norm then? it's too funny. LOL

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Nov 12 2021, 6:56 am
One of the singers mentioned is still single AFAIK

Jonathan Paley says people still start singing besiyata dishmaya whenever they see him! He's an orthodontist living in Israel.

Ari Goldwag lives in Bet Shemesh and is still a very popular singer. My son loves his songs!

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Nov 12 2021, 6:57 am
Btw, I remember hearing that there were boys who sang on the tapes but weren't allowed to perform in the concerts because they couldn't dance.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Fri, Nov 12 2021, 7:06 am
My neighbor is one of the original choir boys (from Miami) he's a over 50 now but when he davens mussaf on Shabbos for the amud it's a real treat. Still has a good voice! Smile (he never worked in the music "industry")

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Nov 12 2021, 7:47 am
amother [ Snapdragon ] wrote:
My neighbor is one of the original choir boys (from Miami) he's a over 50 now but when he davens mussaf on Shabbos for the amud it's a real treat. Still has a good voice! Smile (he never worked in the music "industry")

Who is your neighbor? I'm so curious. They were my fathers friends in miami
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts