Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
CY whole milk plain yogurt

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 8:19 pm
Does this really not exist? Does everyone give their kids the sugar-loaded ones?

I see it in Greek but not regular...

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 8:21 pm
I cannot imagine my kids eating plain yogurt. It's so bitter! Even for me!
Some have less sugar than others.

amother
Brass

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 8:31 pm
Bethesda Farms whole milk organic yogurt makes plain. It's a fortune. It happens to taste really good.

lfab

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 8:41 pm
Nope, I've never found one. And I've looked many times. Doesn't exist. I just give them chalav stam yogurt.

lfab

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 8:44 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
I cannot imagine my kids eating plain yogurt. It's so bitter! Even for me!
Some have less sugar than others.

If this is start you give them from day one they don't know any different. I usually mix in a little bit of flavored yogurt but it's still a lot better than a full bowl of sugary yogurt. By the time they're about 5 or so most of them won't eat it any more but at least when they are really little they're not getting all that extra sugar unnecessarily.

Lotti

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 8:47 pm
I give plain Greek yogurt with add-ins. Honeyed almonds, drizzle of maple syrup, chocolate syrup. Way less sugar than sweet yogurts

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 9:09 pm
Gevina makes a cy whole milk plain Greek yogurt.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 9:12 pm
kiddie yogurts

ra_mom

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 9:15 pm
Norman's Whole Some has a few sweetened flavors. Email them and ask if they have it in unsweetened as well.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 9:23 pm
I will mix in applesauce, sweet potato, pear...if she never had sugar-loaded yogurt she'll like the plain.
Thanks ra_mom, I'll email them. I bought 1 of their sweetened ones and it is loaded with so much sugar!

I got plain Greek but it's harder on babies' stomachs

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 9:52 pm
Literally doesn’t exist, it’s bizarre. Gevina and Bethel make plain whole milk Greek yogurt, and Norman’s makes a 2% one. That’s what my household eats.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Tue, Nov 16 2021, 9:56 pm
Mehadrin has low fat plain yogurt.

Raisin

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 5:38 am
its pretty easy to make your own, if you start with a tub of bought yogurt. No special equipement needed, just a large pot.

amother
Candycane

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 6:40 am
I make my own yogurt.

amother
Stonewash

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 6:44 am
amother [ Candycane ] wrote:
I make my own yogurt.

how?

amother
Jasmine

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 7:06 am
Homemade yogurt with full fat milk is yum! It’s so rich it doesn’t even need sweetener. But even if you do add you can add how much you want. Now store bought sweetened yogurt tastes so overly sweet to me. You can add jam/ dulce de Leche/ Coffey with a bit sugar diluted, possibilities are endless...
I could tell you how I make yogurt but maybe someone has better more Precise instructions. I boil up a pot of milk then let it cool till about the temp I would add yeast to water for challa dough for, it’s important it’s not too hot because then it’ll kill the starter and spoil! Add a little yogurt. For 1 half gallon of milk I do a half small container plain yogurt. Put in warm place and let sit about 15 hours depending on the temp of the room. I put it in the guest room bed wrapped with blankets. Personally we like it strained, it becomes rich and creamy. I put it in new clean cloth closed with a rubber band in a strainer. It’s really yum and a big treat when I make it! I started doing it during corona when we were all swimming in milk! 😄 Enjoy!

amother
Stonewash

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 7:09 am
neveralone wrote:
Homemade yogurt with full fat milk is yum! It’s so rich it doesn’t even need sweetener. But even if you do add you can add how much you want. Now store bought sweetened yogurt tastes so overly sweet to me. You can add jam/ dulce de Leche/ Coffey with a bit sugar diluted, possibilities are endless...
I could tell you how I make yogurt but maybe someone has better more Precise instructions. I boil up a pot of milk then let it cool till about the temp I would add yeast to water for challa dough for, it’s impressive it’s not too hot because then it’ll kill the starter and spoil! Add a little yogurt. For 1 half gallon of milk I do a half small container plain yogurt. Put in warm place and let sit about 15 hours depending on the temp of the room. I put it in the guest room bed wrapped with blankets. Personally we like it strained, it becomes rich and creamy. I put it in new clean cloth closed with a rubber band in a strainer. It’s really yum and a big treat when I make it! Enjoy!

wow! would love to try.
where do you find the plain yogurt - op searching for it?
I could use a thermometer to test temperature - what f should it be?
do you know if the milk/yogurt you use is hormone free and grass fed?

amother
Stonewash

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 7:33 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Does this really not exist? Does everyone give their kids the sugar-loaded ones?

I see it in Greek but not regular...

mehadrin has plain kefir which tastes like plain yogurt.

I would love to know if its hormone free and grass fed
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics