Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Natural immunity vs vaccine induced immunity
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Which provides longer protection?
2 Vaccines  
 13%  [ 19 ]
Natural immunity  
 75%  [ 103 ]
I think they’re equal  
 10%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 137

amother
Papayawhip

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 6:39 am
speaking of things that can sound like "conspiracy theory" but are not
in terms of agenda
the WHO put out another call for "global pandemic treaty"
while that can sound nice, reality is that it calls for centralized authority under the guise of health=
money and power
for more unelected bureaucrats with different priorities

amother
DarkViolet

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 7:35 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
So I voted I think they’re equal, but now I’m regretting my vote. I think it’s really case dependent. As someone above posted, she and her husband still have antibodies a long time later. However, less than a year later, I have no antibodies.

Same. First I did have antibodies after covid but with time I didn't have antibodies.

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 8:05 am
Natural + vaccine is the most superior.
Then natural.
Then vaccine induced.
However, that's a hefty price for most to pay. It's just not worth the risk for the vulnerable population.
The protection against severe disease is comparable vaccination and natural.
So go with that for most of the population and keep vaccinating and boosting the elderly and vulnerable.

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 8:06 am
amother [ DarkViolet ] wrote:
Same. First I did have antibodies after covid but with time I didn't have antibodies.

Antibodies are not what's important with covid. It's t and b cell responses.

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 8:48 am
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
Antibodies are not what's important with covid. It's t and b cell responses.

B cells make the antibodies. B cells are important because they make the antibodies.

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 8:50 am
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
B cells make the antibodies. B cells are important because they make the antibodies.

Yes but triggering your b cells when exposed is what's important. Not to have antibodies before.

amother
Springgreen

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 8:52 am
Natural + vaccine is the most superior.
Then natural.
Then vaccine induced.
However, that's a hefty price for most to pay. It's just not worth the risk for the vulnerable population.
The protection against severe disease is comparable vaccination and natural.
So go with that for most of the population and keep vaccinating and boosting the elderly and vulnerable.

But a full third of Americans are obese.

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 8:54 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Which do you believe lasts longer?
2 vaccine doses or natural immunity after having covid?
We know they both wane eventually.
How long do you believe they last?

This post screams agenda. In order to have some semblance of validity, the poll would need to include other options such as natural + vaccine, or we just don't know yet, etc. Also, the fact you use the word 'believe' in a purported scientific poll, highlights the true intentions.

This poll is just a game of personal preference. It's equal to a poll asking which dessert is the best one, ice cream or chocolate?

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 8:56 am
amother [ Springgreen ] wrote:
But a full third of Americans are obese.

They should seriously consider being vaccinated and trying their best to avoid getting covid or to do what they can to have milder cases, which includes vaccinations.

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 8:57 am
Yes but triggering your b cells when exposed is what's important. Not to have antibodies before.

Yes, but we measure the titer level of antibodies in our blood to determine immunity. The level of antibodies in our blood determines the strength of our immunity response in response to that antigen.

amother
Springgreen

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 8:57 am
They should seriously consider being vaccinated and trying their best to avoid getting covid or to do what they can to have milder cases, which includes vaccinations.

But "trying their best to avoid getting covid" is not feasible. Anti-covid measures have to be adopted on a societal level.

SDmother

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 11:26 am
Didn't read the through the responses so not sure if this was already said but this is not an absolute question. It really depends on many factors such as the size of the initial inoculum, the antibody response to the inoculum (both humoral and cell mediated) and others. Based on decades of immune research, one would think that natural is more durable, however, that is dependant on many factors.

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 11:41 am
But "trying their best to avoid getting covid" is not feasible. Anti-covid measures have to be adopted on a societal level.

Once vaccinated the risks significantly decrease and so it's not necessary for community anti covid measures to be in place once the vaccine is readily available. People can choose to get it or not.

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 11:42 am
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Yes, but we measure the titer level of antibodies in our blood to determine immunity. The level of antibodies in our blood determines the strength of our immunity response in response to that antigen.

It's more complicated according to the immunologists I spoke to. Antibodies is a very immature way of determining immunity.

#BestBubby

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 12:16 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
So that's about the same as the vaccine.

Here's the thing.

Natural immunity requires infection, which carries a risk of a whole lot of illness, hospitalization, or death. And who knows what long term consequences. I'm not sure why anyone would volunteer for it. So even if it were a whole lot better, it wouldn't really matter.

The same thing can be said about vaccine. Can cause deaths and long term injuries. Nobody knows long term risks.

SO STOP MANDATING RISKY VACCINES that dont stop people from spreading Covid.

#BestBubby

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 12:18 pm

Nobody should be FORCED to take dangerous vaccine that does NOT stop spread of Covid.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 12:19 pm
It's more complicated according to the immunologists I spoke to. Antibodies is a very immature way of determining immunity.

Why do you think it is being relied on as the sole measure of immunity?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 12:22 pm
I used the word believe on purpose. I want to know how many people believe the science that says that natural immunity lasts longer. There are many studies by now. Science agrees that natural immunity beats vaccine induced immunity. I want to know how many people believe them. How many people believe the science.

I found it telling that there were several responses making fun of me and responses that said that I must not believe in science and that science doesn’t actually know.

I found it interesting that ppl insist on not believing scientific studies while insisting that science doesn’t know.
And then they make fun of ME for not believing in science. Banging head

Why would someone be that willfully ignorant?
How do they benefit from purposefully ignoring scientific studies?

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 12:43 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
Why do you think it is being relied on as the sole measure of immunity?

Because it is the best we have at the moment based upon cost restraints amongsts other. However, someone with no antibodies and previous infection or vaccination may be immune. As is the case with many individuals.

Either way, with the covid, the main concerns are not really infection, but rather symptomatic or severe infection. Previous infection provides enough protection against severe infection as does vaccination. Monitoring active infections is dishonest because it is about severity. COVID will always be here, if we can get the infections to be mild, it doesn't matter how many there are. Young and healthy individuals with previous immunity from prior infection or vaccinations are at very low risk of severe disease. It's those with no previous immunity or those who are severely immune compromised that need to worry about consistent boosters; however, once that group can get consistent boosters when they or their doctors feel the need to, there is not much need to "contain" covid on a societal level because you have reduced the disease severity. This is being said by immunologists all over the US and Europe but for some reason it isn't being played out. Israel has a very unrealistic goal for COVID but they have a small economy and all too powerful gvt. THe US will need to adopt another strategy and combined with theuraputics it seems like we could technically open today with zero restrictions. The problem is the group of individuals who won't be vaccinated and are at risk - they will overwhelm the hospital systems in some areas that have low previous immunity and low vaccination rates.

#BestBubby

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 12:52 pm

THe US will need to adopt another strategy and combined with theuraputics it seems like we could technically open today with zero restrictions. The problem is the group of individuals who won't be vaccinated and are at risk - they will overwhelm the hospital systems in some areas that have low previous immunity and low vaccination rates.

Ivermectin, antibodies, antbiotics, steroids, and supplements are very effective in preventing hospitilization.

Problem is government and licencing authorities are FORBIDDING doctors from prescribing these safe and effective treatments.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics