Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Att Monroe imas
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 9:05 pm
We’ll have to stay in Monroe area for a while and wondering if there are any neighborhoods that are more mixed/neutral, we’re not real chasidish, is there any area where we won’t feel extremely out of place??

simba

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 9:09 pm
Can you do Monsey? Monroe is basically exclusively Satmer.

amother
Daylily

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 9:13 pm
Try Blooming Grove ita right next to Monroe, Same exit and you'll have access to everything locally. It's a more private setting and some non satmae ppl live there too

amother
Mintgreen

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 9:15 pm
South Blooming Grove has some viznitz Williamsburg people and some women who drive and send children to school in Monsey, but the area is generally Satmar.

Chester has a few areas, some have Monsey type people.

Quaker Hill is a litvish colony and the surrounding area but during the summer some people come out for shabbos.

Highland Mills may have some mixed summer homes but this time of year I doubt anyone would be there.

You could air bnb a place far out enough that you can enjoy a nice property like in the Town of Blooming Grove (the Wagschals should have something) and like this you can be in your own area with few if any neighbors but walking to a shul.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 9:18 pm
simba wrote:
Can you do Monsey? Monroe is basically exclusively Satmer.

We were considering Monsey but it’s too far for hub. We need to be close enough to the Monroe Woodbury school

amother
Mintgreen

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 9:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We were considering Monsey but it’s too far for hub. We need to be close enough to the Monroe Woodbury school

So see if anyone in the Brigadoon development has a home to rent. That's close and homes far apart. I don't know if there is minyan though. Some litvish people have summer homes there.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 9:23 pm
So is south blooming grove more accepting? Will we be outcasts?

amother
Mintgreen

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 9:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

How long will you be there for? If it's just temporary people will think you're on vacation. Some people there send their kids to school in Monsey. I think Highland Mills would be better for you, Brigadoon area.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 9:25 pm
amother [ Mintgreen ] wrote:
So see if anyone in the Brigadoon development has a home to rent.

Do you have any more info on this development? Is it a development of private homes? Where is it located?

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 9:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Highland lake estates is super close to monroe Woodbury. Town of blooming grove is at least 15 minutes drive but close enough.
Village of South blooming grove is 10 minutes + depending on the neighborhood. I live mamish off the 208, so it's 11 minutes to MW PS.
Some areas of Monsey vicinity can be 25 minutes to MW PS.

amother
Sunflower

Highland Mills seems like the best option for you.

amother
OP

How long will you be there for? If it's just temporary people will think you're on vacation. Some people there send their kids to school in Monsey. I think Highland Mills would be better for you, Brigadoon area.

Probably a year or two

What is brigadoon? I guess I’ll ask a travel agent

amother
Mintgreen

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 9:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do you have any more info on this development? Is it a development of private homes? Where is it located?

Yes private homes. It's off of route 32 where the mall is. You drive down and it's on the left. Type in brigadoon Blvd, Highland Mills and you'll see. Mostly non Jews but some city people have summer homes and a few chassidim own there already.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 9:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Probably a year or two

What is brigadoon? I guess I’ll ask a travel agent

For a year or two you should probably go to Stony Point in Rockland. It's just 15-20 min away from Monroe Woodbury school district. Your children won't fit in otherwise and you will have an issue with schools. If not, try Highland Mills or maybe Quaker area which is litvish but I think only in summer.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 9:32 pm
For a year or two you should probably go to Stony Point in Rockland. It's just 15-20 min away from Monroe Woodbury school district. Your children won't fit in otherwise and you will have an issue with schools. If not, try Highland Mills or maybe Quaker area which is litvish but I think only in summer.

I agree with you but hub insists he wants to stay in Monroe. We’ll send to Monsey schools, why will it be an issue

amother
Mintgreen

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 9:33 pm
You should call a real estate agent in both Monroe and Monsey. Find out close you can get to MW schools. Because some parts of Chester and Blooming Grove take longer than some parts of Rockland. I'm not familiar with Rockland though so I can't help, but an agent will probably be happy to.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 9:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Depends on the neighborhood. Some are very extreme. I'd not be excepted there.
Others are more, every man for themselves,
Then there are places where it's a bigger variety. But mostly satmar. My neighbor sends to Monsey schools but she's satmar thru and thru. Covered sheitel too. Still generally more accepting. Everyone does their own thing. From long sheitel to black shtrimp we get along bh (there is always that one neighbor that has a personality but its nice around here)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 9:39 pm
amother [ Tiffanyblue ] wrote:
Depends on the neighborhood. Some are very extreme. I'd not be excepted there.
Others are more, every man for themselves,
Then there are places where it's a bigger variety. But mostly satmar. My neighbor sends to Monsey schools but she's satmar thru and thru. Covered sheitel too. Still generally more accepting. Everyone does their own thing. From long sheitel to black shtrimp we get along bh (there is always that one neighbor that has a personality but its nice around here)

Thanks for all the info! You’re in south blooming grove?

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 9:43 pm
You should call a real estate agent in both Monroe and Monsey. Find out close you can get to MW schools. Because some parts of Chester and Blooming Grove take longer than some parts of Rockland. I'm not familiar with Rockland though so I can't help, but an agent will probably be happy to.

I agree with that.
Village of South blooming grove is at the edge of town bordering Monroe. So it's close enough.
But I also more densely populated.

Highland area is very very close to MW but check around to make sure you'll have a minyan on shabbos.
Some areas around Highland lake estates still need to import Wink guests every week to have a minyan within walking distance. You will have more privacy though from your jewish neighbors.

Wherever you go, before you sign anything check around about tye neighbors.
Some ppl around here really hate seeing a jew in their neighborhood.
My kid's were well educated in the nazi salute and many choice words in the first few years we moved. Bh those ppl moved but it was very unsettling. There is still someone a mile down that will drive around in his atv in the summertime and solute and yell heil Hitler.
So ask around about that too.

My relative in Highland mills had similar when they moved in. Now, 4 years later bh those ppl have moved out.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 9:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for all the info! You’re in south blooming grove?

Yes.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating