Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Leash / Harness
Previous  1  2

mama-star

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 6:10 pm
I used one during chol hamoed on a big trip to the seaquarium. my 22 month old won't stay in his stroller, and I have other little ones to keep an eye on as well. we have the harness-leash thingy. he needs to run and move and won't always stay holding hands. I feel awkward using it because I feel people are giving me "negative vibes" about it, but my child's safety has to be first and foremost.

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 6:16 pm
I got my son a harness leash for our trip to israel when he was 14 months...just in case. I was a paraniod 1st time mommy.

We lost it durring the layover in italy...oh well.

but the pix above of the animal leash we did get and it is wonderful. it is a little backpack (a small pouch in the back) with a 'tail"

Even though we dont use it anymore, my 3.5 year old son still tkaes it out and puts it on to play with around the house. he loves his 'puppy'

Fox

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 6:36 pm
mama-star wrote:
I feel awkward using it because I feel people are giving me "negative vibes" about it, but my child's safety has to be first and foremost.

And let's guess how many of the "negative vibe" people have had lots of small children or even one especially rambunctious child? I'm going to guess about .02 percent.

In the interest of public disclosure, however, I will admit to having been self-righteously appalled when I first saw one of these leashes about 25 years ago. How many children did I have at the time? Oh, um, let's see . . . none!

To paraphrase Woody Allen, it's too bad that all the people who know exactly how to rear children are busy looking for shidduchim for themselves!

justanothermother

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 6:43 pm
Fox wrote:
To paraphrase Woody Allen, it's too bad that all the people who know exactly how to rear children are busy looking for shidduchim for themselves!

I wish I was 16 again so I could know everything.

Fox

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 7:01 pm
justanothermother wrote:
I wish I was 16 again so I could know everything.

LOL! I had guests over Pesach who were about 19-20. They had lots of firmly-held opinions on everything and were happy to pass along their wisdom. They were actually very, very sweet, but I did have to work at keeping a straight face at times.

cdawnr

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 9:58 pm
My kids ask to play with the harness too (cause they have an aunt with a pony...)

I think the most awkward part for me, in public, is if the kid strays to far and we sort-of have to manuever around other people...but having a cumbersome stroller can also be awkward (of course, sometimes I have both the stroller and the kid on the harness...clear the road!)

If I ever feel someone is looking at me weird, I just shrug and say "She's a runner." If they get it, they get it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics