Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Is your area following the mask mandates?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 3:56 pm
I just want to point out that there is no state wide mandate at this point. It has been left up to each county to determine what they want to do. Some counties are fully enforcing it, and some are leaving it up to individual business owners to decide if they want to or not.

amother
Steel

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 3:57 pm
naomi2 wrote:
Ok I'll repeat myself,
Vaccinate and wear a mask. You shouldn't care if people are lying or not or be privy to their health conditions. if you are vaccinated and masking it should not affect you. Carry on.

Why wouldn't I care if I or my kids are a close contact of someone with COVID?

I'm sorry you think breakthrough cases aren't real, but they are, and I neither want to get sick nor pass it to someone else--even if they are vaccinated.

Why would I want to get sick or get someone else sick?

Also, I have obligations if I've been a contact in terms of recommended testing and monitoring. Why wouldn't I want to be availed the chance to do that because people lie?

Also, if people are willing to deceive about something like this, what else are they willing to be deceptive about? Why wouldn't someone want to consider the character of the people around them and that they associate with?

NotInNJMommy

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 3:58 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
I just want to point out that there is no state wide mandate at this point. It has been left up to each county to determine what they want to do. Some counties are fully enforcing it, and some are leaving it up to individual business owners to decide if they want to or not.

FYI there is a state mandate.

Whether a county is going to enforce it or not doesn't mean it's not the law.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 4:14 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
FYI there is a state mandate.

Whether a county is going to enforce it or not doesn't mean it's not the law.

That’s not what I read, but I’m not going to argue because I can’t find it. The bottom line is that it is not being enforced by the state. Meaning there are no state troopers going around fining or shutting down businesses.

NotInNJMommy

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 4:15 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
That’s not what I read, but I’m not going to argue because I can’t find it. The bottom line is that it is not being enforced by the state. Meaning there are no state troopers going around fining or shutting down businesses.

So, the philosophy is "no cop no crime"?

That's a slippery slope.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 4:31 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
So, the philosophy is "no cop no crime"?

That's a slippery slope.

Not arguing, I really don’t have the energy. I read it was being left up to the individual counties if they will enforce it or not. I’ll look when I’m feeling better.

Edit: here’s one link- up to counties and businesses to enforce

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/.....force

NotInNJMommy

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 4:34 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
Not arguing, I really don’t have the energy. I read it was being left up to the individual counties if they will enforce it or not. I’ll look when I’m feeling better.

Edit: here’s one link- up to counties and businesses to enforce

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/.....force

That's enforcement.

Just because something isn't enforced doesn't mean it's not mandated.

Most legal obligations don't have enforcers running around everywhere. And just because someone isn't there seeking out offenders doesn't mean it's something permitted.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 4:38 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
That's enforcement.

Just because something isn't enforced doesn't mean it's not mandated.

Most legal obligations don't have enforcers running around everywhere. And just because someone isn't there seeking out offenders doesn't mean it's something permitted.

I’m really not sure why you are continuing to argue with me. I misspoke when I said there is no mandate. The mandate is not being enforced by the state, and each county can determine on their own if they will enforce it, or leave it up to businesses to enforce, or do nothing. At the end of the day, it’s a mandate that is not being enforced.
And now I’m done….

NotInNJMommy

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 4:40 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
I’m really not sure why you are continuing to argue with me. I misspoke when I said there is no mandate. The mandate is not being enforced by the state, and each county can determine on their own if they will enforce it, or leave it up to businesses to enforce, or do nothing. At the end of the day, it’s a mandate that is not being enforced.
And now I’m done….

It's a mandate that may not be enforced in some places.

It's certainly my county's stated intent to enforce it.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 4:45 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
It's a mandate that may not be enforced in some places.

It's certainly my county's stated intent to enforce it.

You don’t give up. I said I misspoke. I said it is a mandate. What more do you want?

Amarante

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 4:47 pm
I am grateful I live in a community in which wearing masks is the norm.

I don't frequent stores which don't enforce masking because I don't want to give money to businesses that endanger the health of me, my family and the general public. However it is a non-issue since the stores I go to require masks and people are compliant.

And vaccines are also required for admission to many public spaces which I also support. You can get food and drugs if you wear a mask but aren't vaccinated but can't eat indoors at a restaurant or go to a movie or other optional leisure activity.

I live in a multifamily building and everyone is required to wear a mask in the common area. People are even courteous enough to ask whether they can get on the elevator with you since it is a closely confined space with not great ventilation. The staff in my building have been wearing masks since March 2020.

4g01o

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 6:18 pm
Same here in the uk. The odd few people are listening.

Everyone is fed up!

amother
Garnet

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 7:07 pm
Ha! As if..my frum community wouldn't even mask up at the height of covid..much less now!! LOL LOL

amother
Hyssop

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 7:18 pm
In regular stores, on public transportation and in all indoor public places, everyone masks. In the few frum stores, most don't mask. Most don't mask in shuls or schools.

amother
Steel

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 7:26 pm
Fab4 wrote:
Same here in the uk. The odd few people are listening.

Everyone is fed up!

I don’t think anyone here isn’t fed up, regardless of whether they are following the mask mandates or not.

I know some people think those of us who follow the mandates and precautions are happy but the reality is no one is happy, everyone is tired, everyone wanted this done a long long time ago.

amother
Mimosa

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 7:33 pm
Nyc has a mask mandate and a surge of covid too. Obviously the mask mandate doesn't do much. I work in a school where all staff and most of the students is vaccinated and everyone masks all day and covid is still spreading at a high rate. If masks were so effective we should see a lower covid rate in NYC and places where mask mandates are in effect.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 7:38 pm
amother [ Steel ] wrote:
Why wouldn't I care if I or my kids are a close contact of someone with COVID?

I'm sorry you think breakthrough cases aren't real, but they are, and I neither want to get sick nor pass it to someone else--even if they are vaccinated.

Why would I want to get sick or get someone else sick?

Also, I have obligations if I've been a contact in terms of recommended testing and monitoring. Why wouldn't I want to be availed the chance to do that because people lie?

Also, if people are willing to deceive about something like this, what else are they willing to be deceptive about? Why wouldn't someone want to consider the character of the people around them and that they associate with?

Do you feel this way about all viruses?
If you are vaxxed you will only get a mild case of the virus(or so they say..).
There are always risks of being around other people.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 7:45 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:

Has another recent virus has killed over 5 million people worldwide in under 2 years?

amother
Steel

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 7:46 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:

I would feel if people are deceptive about being sick etc that it’s really no different. And people being honest about what’s going on is one way to manage being around each other.

I don’t want anyone to get sick because I’m sick, and obviously I don’t want to be cvs sick. No one does my job if I’m not at work. (Which is btw your tax dollars not at work if you pay US taxes.)

I also don’t want my kids missing school. Both academically and socially.

I don’t want other people missing school and work.

For any illness.

amother
Forsythia

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 8:19 pm
I live in north jersey. In any medical facility, everyone is masked.
Masks are not required in stores here as far as I know. Most people in stores are not masked (jewish stores and regular stores, shoppers and workers), though some choose to mask.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics