Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
DOesn't kvitelech after awhile disintegrate?

Tefila

Post Wed, Apr 23 2008, 12:14 pm
Why then the need to clean the cracks of the Kosel to toss out all those kvitelach written through ones pain and tears. DOesn't it become after awhile part and par of the Kosel? I just watched a video on this and I am more then appalled Crying Otoh I heard that at some kevarim of Tzadikim letters after awhile are burned Sad

BeershevaBubby

Post Wed, Apr 23 2008, 12:27 pm
First of all, each and every scrap of paper is buried and treated with the utmost respect.

Second, while some may disintegrate over time, it's not nearly soon enough to keep up with the amount of kvitlach people bring to the Kotel.

And third, sometimes if paper gets packed in, it can become more like mortar or a brick rather than turn to dust.

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 23 2008, 12:30 pm
I guess I hear both sides ... why clean away the tears & prayers ... yet where would others put theirs ...

Tehilla

Post Wed, Apr 23 2008, 1:12 pm
even removing the paper cannot remove the tears and tefilos.

Tefila

Post Thu, Apr 24 2008, 11:15 pm
Quote:
First of all, each and every scrap of paper is buried and treated with the utmost respect.

How do u know this 4 sure Question

Quote:
And third, sometimes if paper gets packed in, it can become more like mortar or a brick rather than turn to dust.

And..............
so................
why not leave it their to b/come part and par of the kosel if it's not disturbing anyone Confused
Tehilla true it doesn't take away from what one wrote b'ezem, but that is not my point.

BeershevaBubby

Post Fri, Apr 25 2008, 12:09 am
Tefila wrote:
How do u know this 4 sure :?:

In all the articles I've read regarding this, that point has always been made by the Rabbi of the Kotel. I have no reason to believe he'd lie about it.

Tefila wrote:
why not leave it their to b/come part and par of the kosel if it's not disturbing anyone :?

Because then it fills in the cracks and then people won't be able to add more or, even worse, be tempted to make new cracks.

louche

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 8:30 pm
The old must be cleared away to make room for the new. That's why people die, too.

Tefila

Post Tue, Apr 29 2008, 1:08 am
Quote:
The old must be cleared away to make room for the new. That's why people die, too
. shock
So what would you say about Moshiach when we will all be here Bounce

lamplighter

Post Tue, Apr 29 2008, 5:59 pm
Im not worried, If He could ressurect, I think he can find a place for all of us Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics