Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
S/o Little kids showering
Previous  1  2

cupcake123

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 10:45 am
I teach them at 3-4. I scrub them down they just rinse themselves. It's just easier because they're standing and it's much quicker. My 6 year old scrubs himself down now. If any of them request a bath I give them that too at times.

amother
Begonia

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 1:12 pm
I give my kids a loofa and the 3 in 1 soap by sauve. They know to wash their hair, shampoo, wash it out, then put soap on the loofah and clean their bodies all around. My 7 year old son does a good job already. My 5 year old is a girl and she has a harder time getting all the shampoo out of her hair or making sure the shampoo reaches all spots. She knows she can't come out until we check her. She is alone in the bathroom but I'm in the next room folding laundry or something while she's showering.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 1:31 pm
amother [ Honeysuckle ] wrote:
I'm assuming that those that their kids shower by themselves at 3 years old, don't care if the hair & body are washed well. They're ok as long as the kid is somewhat showered.

Even if this is the case, it is still an improvement over a bath 1x week. Just washing face and hands and assuming kids cleaned themselves properly after using the bathroom and then giving a bath only on Thursday night is no substitute for soaping up at least somewhat and rinsing it off a few times a week.

Even if they clean the kids off after they use the bathroom at home, what about when they are in school? Not to mention sitting on toilet seats in school which aren't always super clean to say the least. Their upper legs are definitely coming into contact with a lot of dirt, to put it delicately.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 1:34 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Even if this is the case, it is still an improvement over a bath 1x week. Just washing face and hands and assuming kids cleaned themselves properly after using the bathroom and then giving a bath only on Thursday night is no substitute for soaping up at least somewhat and rinsing it off a few times a week.

Even if they clean the kids off after they use the bathroom at home, what about when they are in school? Not to mention sitting on toilet seats in school which aren't always super clean to say the least. Their upper legs are definitely coming into contact with a lot of dirt, to put it delicately.

This, for sure.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics