Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Which car seat is most comparable to Doona re convenience?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 7:08 pm
I haven’t had a baby in a while, and my car seat is long expired. I live in Lakewood where we are always in and out of a car and most people use a Doona for this reason- convenience. However, it went up significantly in price and never seems to go on sale, even Black Friday.

I already have a bugaboo chameleon in good condition. Last time I used the Mico adapters to attach my car seat to my bugaboo base. Is there any other car seat that has come out in the past 6 years that is significantly cheaper than the Doona but has some kind of cool feature that makes it easy to go in and out of a car? Or attaches to the bugaboo base? (No need for me to go for the Graco system, I don’t need extra equipment in my tiny house). What would you recommend?

thepickled

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 7:29 pm
I don’t think there are any car seats comparable to Doona in that way. I would buy the lightest car seat available that could be attached to your Bugaboo with adaptors.

Window

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 8:33 pm
Start with which car seats have adaptors that fit your stroller and then choose from there.
Do not get a knockoff unsafe “doona” from China!!

gande

Post Thu, Dec 23 2021, 8:43 pm
There are strollers that fold easier and smaller than bugaboo that you can attach a carseat to but it would be expensive. Only cheap idea I have for you if to get the maxi taxi (like snap n go) with maxi cosi carseat. Eta: look out for used doonas people sell them all the time for average of $350
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics