Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Anyone feel kids can't get serious covid?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 1:01 am
amother [ Darkblue ] wrote:
My teenage daughter has a couple of friends who's short term memories were affected from covid, one literally can't remember what she ate for breakfast.

What neighborhood is this? Which wave of covid? My teenagers haven't been reporting this.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 1:02 am
Roots wrote:
all this bull$hit about control is really drving me crazy
that being said I think they are vaxxing kids because a child who carrying covid can spread it to others kids and adults. ifwe want to end covid we gotta stop it from spreading

The govt now says the vaccine doesn't stop the spread. It only mitigates symptoms

fleetwood

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 6:39 am
Roots wrote:
that being said I think they are vaxxing kids because a child who carrying covid can spread it to others kids and adults. ifwe want to end covid we gotta stop it from spreading

Was just going to post this. Kids bring it home to parents, grandparents.

That being said..I don't think kids should be forced to vaxx..and they aren't afaik...

amother
Hyssop

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 6:51 am
Anosmia is a serious symptom that kids get, and it doesn't go away after the person is "recovered."

small bean

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 7:13 am
Roots wrote:

How does vaccinating stop the spread?

simcha2

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 7:30 am
My 5 year old had what I would consider low symptoms for the actual course of covid (vomiting, fever, lethargy), but developed a tic and spread to 4 people that we know of.

So, no, not life threatening. Not hospitalized. But definitely a long term effect.
I wish the vaccine had been approved for that age group a couple of months earlier.

If there was a vaers equivalent for the actual covid, and people entered all the negative effects (short and long term) for their kids, I think people would have a much better sense of the benefit of the vaccine over the disease.

amother
Fern

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 7:31 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

It is very very unlikely for a child to get serious covid. As per the CDC's data, only around 1/10 of 1% of covid deaths involve children 17 and under.

The part where many disagree is the metric in which you decide whether something is “serious” or not. You brought the statistic regarding deaths which, bh, is very low. But that’s not the only metric—what about all of the people (children included) who are dealing with long term effects of having Covid?

ora_43

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 7:44 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We've had a few posters claim that some women on this site believe it's impossible for children to get a serious case of covid. I'm not sure if they're fear mongering, but I certainly think they are confused.

It is very very unlikely for a child to get serious covid.

I don't think anyone is claiming that it's likely for a child to get serious covid.

But there really are posters here who deny that even 1 in 10,000 kids gets a serious case. Just look at the recent thread started by someone who thought that a report saying 109 kids were hospitalized - 109 in all of NYC, yes? Like, 109 out of 1,700,000 - must be a hoax.

And then you have the people who feel the need to point out, every time, that most kids who died had asthma or were overweight. I'm going to be dlkz and assume they're not saying it's any less sad when pudgy kids die... No, what they want is to argue the odds that their own (thin, healthy) kids could get very sick down from "very unlikely" to "impossible." But, what can you do, it doesn't work that way. It is very very unlikely, but still happens that 0.01% of the time.

small bean

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 8:14 am
simcha2 wrote:
My 5 year old had what I would consider low symptoms for the actual course of covid (vomiting, fever, lethargy), but developed a tic and spread to 4 people that we know of.

So, no, not life threatening. Not hospitalized. But definitely a long term effect.
I wish the vaccine had been approved for that age group a couple of months earlier.

If there was a vaers equivalent for the actual covid, and people entered all the negative effects (short and long term) for their kids, I think people would have a much better sense of the benefit of the vaccine over the disease.

If your child still has a tic, get her vitamin levels checked, specifically D, zinc, copper, magnesium. Speak to a doc about giving her nac.

These are typically caused by vitamin defincies. Being sick can cause vitamin definciency. Lots of kids with repeated strep get tics for that reason.

small bean

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 8:19 am
amother [ Fern ] wrote:
The part where many disagree is the metric in which you decide whether something is “serious” or not. You brought the statistic regarding deaths which, bh, is very low. But that’s not the only metric—what about all of the people (children included) who are dealing with long term effects of having Covid?

How come those who are veey provax all know people with long covid and other long symptoms while those who are not do not know anyone like this? Are those who are provax less healthy to beginwith?

I dont know anyone like this BH and pretty much everyone I know had covid. Everyone just bouned right back to themselves, adults and kids included.

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 8:24 am
amother [ DarkMagenta ] wrote:
Kids who are immunocompromised are not normal and don't matter?

Nope. And they haven't mattered to most of the anti-maskers or conspiracy theorists, since the beginning of this pandemic.

Here's the awful truth: As much as people like to think they are liberal and they talk about inclusion, they really couldn't care less if your kid dies. If your kid is healthy they will claim that you lied and the kid wasn't healthy, or will turn your kid into a vaccine statistic even if your kid never got the vaccine (or any vaccine). If your kid isn't 100% healthy or has some pre-existing condition that is usually faded into the background, then your kid's life and health doesn't matter to them. AT ALL.

It never did. It never will. And if they claim that they care, they are LYING.

Sorry but that's the awful truth.

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 8:28 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
Nope. And they haven't mattered to most of the anti-maskers or conspiracy theorists, since the beginning of this pandemic.

Here's the awful truth: As much as people like to think they are liberal and they talk about inclusion, they really couldn't care less if your kid dies. If your kid is healthy they will claim that you lied and the kid wasn't healthy, or will turn your kid into a vaccine statistic even if your kid never got the vaccine (or any vaccine). If your kid isn't 100% healthy or has some pre-existing condition that is usually faded into the background, then your kid's life and health doesn't matter to them. AT ALL.

I don't disagree.

I just keep thinking of this (and other examples) sending the message akin to that in Orwell's "Animal Farm": "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."

Last edited by NotInNJMommy on Thu, Dec 30 2021, 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total

small bean

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 8:28 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:

Its not that.

It is kids who are high risk are not higher risk from covid than a cold. They are always high risk and always need to take precautions every day of their lives. It cant be the publics job to protect them. Each person needs to asses their risks and decide what they can do. Covid doesnt change anything for these people.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 8:43 am
small bean wrote:
Its not that.

It is kids who are high risk are not higher risk from covid than a cold. They are always high risk and always need to take precautions every day of their lives. It cant be the publics job to protect them. Each person needs to asses their risks and decide what they can do. Covid doesnt change anything for these people.

Completely ridiculous.

amother
Caramel

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 8:47 am
amother [ Darkblue ] wrote:
My teenage daughter has a couple of friends who's short term memories were affected from covid, one literally can't remember what she ate for breakfast.

Long term or temporary? That's a normal symptom of post viral encephalopathy which usually resolves in 2 weeks. I know many people of all ages who experienced this in the big wave in 2020.

amother
Heather

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 8:48 am
When the people who are crying about how dangerous Covid is for children stop letting their kids ride in cars because of how dangerous that is, then I will listen. Until then, I think you're all full of it.

small bean

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 8:49 am
amother [ DarkMagenta ] wrote:
Completely ridiculous.

Rediculous because?

small bean

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 8:51 am
NotInNJMommy wrote:
I don't disagree.

I just keep thinking of this (and other examples) sending the message akin to that in Orwell's "Animal Farm": "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."

How about no one is equal. There is no such thing as equality. And thats what I took from animal farm

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 8:52 am
small bean wrote:
How about no one is equal. There is no such thing as equality. And thats what I took from animal farm

Right. That's the point, but with a nefarious bent.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 9:05 am
FYI kids 5 and up are being forced to vax with vax mandates to participate in sports, classes, restaurants, some schools, and more.
One size does not fit all.
These are personal and individual decisions to be made in conjunction with your pediatrician.
Particularly now that we know vax does not prevent transmission unfortunately.
Never have mandates been forced on healthy people or on majority because of someone else's situation and health status.
Not warranted and not linked to any objective data or goal.
B"H the brocha of this hideous disease is that kids are not the vulnerable group.
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics