Home

Lakewood High School (new thread)
  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 11:58 pm
Any idea if it will be easier on the girls this coming year due to bais faigas new high school opening up?
Back to top

Chayalle




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 8:13 am
Well, it's 2-3 more classes of girls that will be accepted to high school.
OTOH every year has more girls than previous...so I'm sure there will still be challenges. We need even MORE growth of new high schools and more classes.
And you will still have people being set on and trying to get into particular high schools.
Back to top

amother




Blueberry
 

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 8:25 am
I think in the next few years some of the newer schools are opening high schools as wel, which may at least stop the problem from getting worse when they have their first graduating classes
Back to top

amother




Oldlace
 

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 4:46 pm
I envy this years parents with 3 new schools that are opening

Bnos Basya- yes they opened last year but you should really look at it as a school that is opening up next year

The new Bais Fagia high school that is opening up 2-5 classes, depending on who you talk to

The school that is opening up for Bnos Haddasah and Tifers Chaya girls

I also heard from a very unreliable source that a school is opening up a new class

With so many new classes there will be no problem getting your kid into school. Of course they will not give out acceptance until every kid has a place. Every kid will be placed by July 1
.... and if you believe that you will also believe that my neighbor raises unicorns in her backyard.

The question that is asked every year why can't they place all girls first before sending out acceptance letters? Why are so many girls still don't know were they are going to school the day before and a month after school starts?
Back to top

small bean




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 5:17 pm
No. There will be the same issues.

There just wont be more girls than last year.
Back to top

amother




Honeysuckle
 

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 5:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Any idea if it will be easier on the girls this coming year due to bais faigas new high school opening up?


I am hoping so!
Back to top

amother




Stone
 

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 6:37 pm
small bean wrote:
No. There will be the same issues.

There just wont be more girls than last year.

This—the new schools are enough to place this years extra classes—but not enough for everyone.
Back to top

amother




Oldlace
 

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 11:32 pm
Do your research,

Last year I applied to a few schools and did not get an interview with every one. I called up a school to ask why and they kind of told me that they don't take girls from my DD school.

There was another School, school x who gave me an interview and did not take my kid. For many reasons I thought that was a good place for my DD. I had many people call up and even go down to speak to the principal, no dice. In July I found out that they do not like to take girls from my DD school. I was so mad at school x for wasting my time. If they don't take girls from my DD school why did they give me an interview, why not say straight out, I would have poured my strength in a different school. I did get my DD in to another school that I did not apple to right before school started, but I am still don't like what school x did.

Do your research see what school the girls from other years went to, and see what schools they did not go to.
Back to top

amother




Yolk
 

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 11:55 pm
amother [ Oldlace ] wrote:
Do your research,

Last year I applied to a few schools and did not get an interview with every one. I called up a school to ask why and they kind of told me that they don't take girls from my DD school.

There was another School, school x who gave me an interview and did not take my kid. For many reasons I thought that was a good place for my DD. I had many people call up and even go down to speak to the principal, no dice. In July I found out that they do not like to take girls from my DD school. I was so mad at school x for wasting my time. If they don't take girls from my DD school why did they give me an interview, why not say straight out, I would have poured my strength in a different school. I did get my DD in to another school that I did not apple to right before school started, but I am still don't like what school x did.

Do your research see what school the girls from other years went to, and see what schools they did not go to.


If a particular high school doesn’t accept girls from specific elementary schools then the elementary schools should be advising their students not to apply there!

My oldest girl is in 1st grade so I’m not nearly in this parsha yet, but why don’t they do like what the high schools did in my days for seminary. They had seminary advisors.

I’m really hoping that in 7 years time this will be a long gone issue. (My dds school owner specifically told my dh that they do not want to open a high school.)
Back to top

amother




Yolk
 

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 11:58 pm
(I’m not sure what’s worse- giving an interview with zero intention to accept the kid, or do like one of the elementary schools I applied to- they never even acknowledged receiving our application! As if they never opened the envelope... and I hand delivered it so I know it didn’t get lost in the mail. Maybe it got buried under a pile of papers in the front office but I highly doubt it.)

The system is so broken. ☹️
Back to top

Chayalle




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 9:26 am
I have a relative who applied to the requisite 4 high schools (is that what it still is?) a few years ago. Her DD got accepted to two. At that point, one of those schools had never given her child an interview, and she found out that they were cutting out girls from her DD's school. She called them up and demanded a refund of her application fee, and they sent it to her! I thought it was cool that she did that (but not cool of the school at all, to accept applications with no intention of giving any of those girls consideration.)
Back to top

amother




Alyssum
 

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 9:39 am
Does anyone know if it’s hard to get into aderes? My daughter has friends who are going but they have older sisters there. DD is our oldest. She’s a good girl but isn’t a top student at all. We also don’t have connections. Should I even bother or will it just be heartache?
Back to top

keym




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 9:45 am
It's not nogeah to me (1 daughter in high school already) but I like keeping up to date in the information.
I saw the letter about entrance exams.
What type is this new school Maayan Bais Yaakov? Where are they hoping to get girls from?
Back to top

small bean




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 9:58 am
When are enterence exams?
Back to top

small bean




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 9:59 am
amother [ Alyssum ] wrote:
Does anyone know if it’s hard to get into aderes? My daughter has friends who are going but they have older sisters there. DD is our oldest. She’s a good girl but isn’t a top student at all. We also don’t have connections. Should I even bother or will it just be heartache?


Every school is hard.

You have to apply to 4 schools, so let aderes be one of them. The interview is super easy there.
Back to top

Chayalle




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 10:01 am
small bean wrote:
When are enterence exams?


2/6

Most high schools are already doing sibling interviews before the entrance exam, probably in order to know how many non-sibling slots they will have available, and to ease the process and give themselves more time.
Back to top

Chayalle




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 10:02 am
amother [ Alyssum ] wrote:
Does anyone know if it’s hard to get into aderes? My daughter has friends who are going but they have older sisters there. DD is our oldest. She’s a good girl but isn’t a top student at all. We also don’t have connections. Should I even bother or will it just be heartache?


I have a niece in Aderes (oldest) in 9th grade. Last year I heard that they had about 1000 applicants. She is a good student, and had connections that helped her get in.

However you never know which school takes you, they all have to take some oldests so if it's a good fit for you, you may as well apply.
Back to top

amother




Daisy
 

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 10:04 am
amother [ Oldlace ] wrote:
I envy this years parents with 3 new schools that are opening

Bnos Basya- yes they opened last year but you should really look at it as a school that is opening up next year

The new Bais Fagia high school that is opening up 2-5 classes, depending on who you talk to

The school that is opening up for Bnos Haddasah and Tifers Chaya girls

I also heard from a very unreliable source that a school is opening up a new class

With so many new classes there will be no problem getting your kid into school. Of course they will not give out acceptance until every kid has a place. Every kid will be placed by July 1
.... and if you believe that you will also believe that my neighbor raises unicorns in her backyard.

The question that is asked every year why can't they place all girls first before sending out acceptance letters? Why are so many girls still don't know were they are going to school the day before and a month after school starts?
Can you say more about the school that’s opening for Tiferes Chaya and Bnos hadassah girls?
Back to top

amother




Wallflower
 

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 10:18 am
small bean wrote:
When are enterence exams?



Feb 6
Back to top

amother




Alyssum
 

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 10:48 am
Chayalle wrote:
2/6

Most high schools are already doing sibling interviews before the entrance exam, probably in order to know how many non-sibling slots they will have available, and to ease the process and give themselves more time.


Most schools? I only heard that Bais Kaila is doing this. Do the girls still have to take the entrance exam if they were interviewed and accepted?
Back to top
  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 1 of 9 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Some reasons why I'm not sending to public school
by GLUE
88 Yesterday at 11:43 pm View last post
Lakewood photographer for outdoor family shoot
by amother
3 Yesterday at 2:43 pm View last post
Shein Finds Thread
by Oldest
65 Yesterday at 1:15 pm View last post
by LK1
Looking to buy 2nd hand double carriage in Lakewood/Jackson
by amother
7 Yesterday at 10:47 am View last post
Bored😑let’s have a funny/interesting YouTube video thread 555 Sun, May 22 2022, 11:56 pm View last post