Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lakewood High School (new thread)
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Obsidian

Post Wed, Feb 02 2022, 8:23 pm
Also. One thing I found helpful was If there’s a specific school you have in mind and you have a good connection there, call some of your connections before the interview to generate name recognition. Schools interview hundreds if not thousand plus. They won’t be able to focus on everyone but if there’s some advance groundwork next to your name, it can be a tiny step.

Hatzlacha!!

amother
Obsidian

Post Wed, Feb 02 2022, 10:06 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
wow u didn't get interviews for a month or 2 after the test? interesting... so different than the boys..

Very difft. No comparison. Joke being “ schools don’t open till every girl has a high school and every Mesivta has a class of boys.”

But yes Mesivtas do tons of research in advance and knock out and accept the boys over a few days. There are more than enough slots overall and it’s a fight to get into the best option. Playing Russian roulette how many days you can wait for the most coveted slot.

Girls have no slots so the schools take forever to decide on the few they take and have to interview hundreds of girls. Mesivta’s do a few dozen to a few hundred interviews at max for the bigger more popular ones. Zero comparison.

amother
Wallflower

Post Thu, Feb 03 2022, 9:39 am
My daughter is in 9th grade. After the entrance exam this Sunday fill in applications send in to schools by deadline with $30 and pictures, transcripts. Then schools contact you for interviews. I don’t think it was a full month maybe in February or March. Have people call for u before and after interviews. We got answers the day after lag baomer on a Friday.

amother
Alyssum

Post Sun, Feb 06 2022, 10:05 am
Good luck to everyone taking the entrance exam. May it be an easy process going forward.

amother
Oldlace

Post Mon, Mar 28 2022, 12:26 am
I heard two rumors

1)The acceptance letters are going out before Peasch

2)All girls got into at least one school

I can believe in number one and hope that number two is happening, anyone hear anything?

amother
Melon

Post Mon, Mar 28 2022, 12:47 am
amother [ Oldlace ] wrote:
I heard two rumors

I can believe in number one and hope that number two is happening, anyone hear anything?

I hope!
My daughter still has an interview scheduled this week iyh in school #3.

The 4th school didn't give us an interview even..

Chayalle

Post Mon, Mar 28 2022, 9:24 am
I heard two rumors

That sounds wonderful (I didn't hear anything. But it would be great if this town got it's act together and every girl has at least one school...hopefully a school she applied to....)

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Mar 28 2022, 2:17 pm
is this true??I spoke to my principal last week she told me that not everyone will have a place right away. can't imagine she would say that if everyone was accepted.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Mar 28 2022, 2:29 pm
I can't imagine that it's true unfortunately.... I mean, even with the new schools that have opened, and BF opening a high school (but not big enough to accommodate their own students right away) the numbers are still alot to deal with. It would be wonderful progress if it were true...but somehow, sounds too good....

small bean

Post Mon, Mar 28 2022, 3:41 pm
I doubt either are true.

amother
Snowflake

Post Sat, Apr 02 2022, 11:32 pm
I did hear that answers are going out before pesach. I also heard that there is enough slots for all girls, but does not necessarily mean that all girls are accepted right away. They do the acceptance letters in more than 1 shift because it is possible for a girl to get in to more than 1 school and then they see how many slots are left in each school.

amother
Oldlace

Post Sun, Apr 03 2022, 1:00 am
amother [ Snowflake ] wrote:
I did hear that answers are going out before pesach. I also heard that there is enough slots for all girls, but does not necessarily mean that all girls are accepted right away. They do the acceptance letters in more than 1 shift because it is possible for a girl to get in to more than 1 school and then they see how many slots are left in each school.

In other words there are some girls who will be getting 3 acceptance letters and some girls non

amother
Snowflake

Post Sun, Apr 03 2022, 1:08 am
Yes. That’s how it is every year

amother
Obsidian

Post Sun, Apr 03 2022, 1:53 am
In other words there are some girls who will be getting 3 acceptance letters and some girls non

But you knew that already. This isnt a community system and the schools are looking out for their best interests. Not to collaborate and make sure every girls is placed. This shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone:(

amother
Oldlace

Post Sun, Apr 03 2022, 2:14 am
amother [ Obsidian ] wrote:
But you knew that already. This isnt a community system and the schools are looking out for their best interests. Not to collaborate and make sure every girls is placed. This shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone:(

Every year in August usually right before school starts most of the girls that did not have a place get placed.

So-my question if they are going to do it any ways why do they have to wait until the last minute

For the last some what years they were claiming it is a space problem, so they have to figure out were to place everyone. This year there is not suppose to be a big space problem so why can't they figure it out faster?

One thing I don't understand they know how many girls took the test, so they now how many spaces they need why does it always seem like a surprise that there is not enough seats?

amother
Amethyst

Post Sat, Apr 09 2022, 5:57 pm
any update on when the first round of acceptances are going out?

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Apr 11 2022, 6:04 pm
anyone ?

amother
Oldlace

Post Mon, Apr 11 2022, 6:27 pm
My sisters neighbor's daughter got an acceptances letter a few weeks ago

She is the oldest girl in her family

I know about it because it is the same school that my sister sends to and now she might have a carpool.

I have no more information

amother
Melon

Post Mon, Apr 11 2022, 7:27 pm
My sisters neighbor's daughter got an acceptances letter a few weeks ago

She is the oldest girl in her family

I know about it because it is the same school that my sister sends to and now she might have a carpool.

I have no more information

Which school was it?

amother
Alyssum

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 12:59 pm
Acceptance letters were officially mailed. Has anyone received?
Page 4 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries