Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Please calm me.I detoxed and I’m nursing. And now I’m scared
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 10:59 am
I did a 3 day detox and now I’m hearing that it could be dangerous for my nursing baby because the toxin goes into the breast milk. Please calm me. I was not aware of this. I thought the only concern was if baby was getting enough and since he’s eating solids already I wiped away that concern.
But now I’m a nervous wreck.I’m scared if baby is ok. Please tell me it’s ok.

hodeez

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 11:01 am
What exactly do you mean by detox?

cupcake123

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 11:02 am
OP what is a 3 day detox?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 11:02 am
Drinking organic fruits and veggies juices. Nothing more.

amother
Charcoal

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 11:03 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I did a 3 day detox and now I’m hearing that it could be dangerous for my nursing baby because the toxin goes into the breast milk. Please calm me. I was not aware of this. I thought the only concern was if baby was getting enough and since he’s eating solids already I wiped away that concern.

Any signs that baby isn't ok?
Are you the mother that posted she was basically juicing? If so, I'd imagine you're fine. If you were taking some sort of heavy duty supplements as part of your detox, call your doctor (which you should have done first, sorry) and ask about it.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 11:03 am
cupcake123 wrote:
OP what is a 3 day detox?

For 3 days the only thing I had was organic fruits and veggies drinks.
Oh and lemon water.

cupcake123

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 11:04 am
Your baby is most likely fine.
If its not healthy for the baby it probably wasnt too healthy for you

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 11:05 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
For 3 days the only thing I had was organic fruits and veggies drinks.
Oh and lemon water.

This is not a smart thing to do to your body while nursing, but unless you ate anything weird your baby is probably fine. Do not do this again. Your body needs healthy fats in order to produce milk for your baby.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 11:06 am
amother [ Charcoal ] wrote:
Any signs that baby isn't ok?
Are you the mother that posted she was basically juicing? If so, I'd imagine you're fine. If you were taking some sort of heavy duty supplements as part of your detox, call your doctor (which you should have done first, sorry) and ask about it.

No I’m not that mother. Tell me about that, why do you assume I’m fine?
I’m not taking any supplements.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 11:07 am
cupcake123 wrote:

No that’s not so. Because the reason it can be not good for the baby is because the toxins that’s being released die to my diet, passes through the breast milk and that is not good for the baby.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 11:09 am
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
This is not a smart thing to do to your body while nursing, but unless you ate anything weird your baby is probably fine. Do not do this again. Your body needs healthy fats in order to produce milk for your baby.

As I said, my baby is eating plenty solids already so he’s getting enough from that. So this is not my concern. I would’ve never done it otherwise.

imaima

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 11:10 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

You did it once and you won't do it again.
Is your baby not feeling well?

rmbg

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 11:11 am
Your baby is fine. Women have breastfed through the Holocaust and other terrible times throughout history when food was scarce. 3 days of vegetables is fine.

ROFL

Sorry that your feeling this way. But If there are any toxins in your body they would be in your breast milk anyways. I don’t think dieting and drinking organic is causing anything to go into breast milk that wasn’t there before the three days. The only thing it causes is for your bowels to empty more and that doesn’t go into your breast milk !

cupcake123

amother [ OP ] wrote:
No that’s not so. Because the reason it can be not good for the baby is because the toxins that’s being released die to my diet, passes through the breast milk and that is not good for the baby.

There are other reasons why it's not good for you that dont include toxins but what's done is done. As long as your baby looks fine, having wet diapers etc. I wouldn't be too worried

imaima

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 11:12 am
cupcake123 wrote:

No it's not how it works
It is healthy for the mother. But toxins leave body through the liquids she produces, including breast milk. I have a friend who went on a detox diet and her baby got pimples, so she stopped.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 11:13 am
imaima wrote:
You did it once and you won't do it again.
Is your baby not feeling well?

He’s feeling fine bh.
I’m just wondering if anybody is familiar about this being dangerous? Is it true that these toxins pass through breast milk? And if so, is it true that it’s dangerous for baby?

amother
Charcoal

amother [ OP ] wrote:
No I’m not that mother. Tell me about that, why do you assume I’m fine?
I’m not taking any supplements.

Because it's real food. Sure, you should have eaten more - more calories, more protein, fats, etc. But it's still normal food, even if just fruits and veggies. And it does have plenty of vitamins. I would imagine it takes more than 3 days for a baby to become malnourished.

Oh, and the most likely side effect of such a diet would be a gassy baby.

groovy1224

I don't believe in juice cleanses at all (that's what your liver is for, to filter out toxins.) So I'm of the belief that all you really did was pay a lot of money for a lot of juice. So I vote your baby is fine.

cupcake123

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 11:14 am
imaima wrote:
No it's not how it works
It is healthy for the mother. But toxins leave body through the liquids she produces, including breast milk. I have a friend who went on a detox diet and her baby got pimples, so she stopped.

I disagree I dont think its healthy for a human to eat only vegetables for 3 days.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics