Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Please calm me.I detoxed and I’m nursing. And now I’m scared
Previous  1  2  3  Next

imaima

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 8:14 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
He’s feeling fine bh.
I’m just wondering if anybody is familiar about this being dangerous? Is it true that these toxins pass through breast milk? And if so, is it true that it’s dangerous for baby?

I wouldn't equal unhealthy and dangerous.

cupcake123

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 8:16 am
imaima wrote:

Agreed.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 8:16 am
amother [ Charcoal ] wrote:
Because it's real food. Sure, you should have eaten more - more calories, more protein, fats, etc. But it's still normal food, even if just fruits and veggies. And it does have plenty of vitamins. I would imagine it takes more than 3 days for a baby to become malnourished.

Oh, and the most likely side effect of such a diet would be a gassy baby.

I’ll say it again- I’m not worried that baby is malnourished because he’s eating plenty of solids. I’m worried if he had too much toxins.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 8:18 am
cupcake123 wrote:
I disagree I dont think its healthy for a human to eat only vegetables for 3 days.

Being 100 lbs overweight is not much healthier. But let’s not go into that here.

Congresswoman

OP

What do toxins mean to you?

amother
OP

imaima wrote:

Right. So that’s my question. Is it dangerous or just unhealthy?

cupcake123

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 8:19 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Being 100 lbs overweight is not much healthier. But let’s not go into that here.

Your right I didnt mean to derail was just responding to someone else...

watergirl

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 8:20 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’ll say it again- I’m not worried that baby is malnourished because he’s eating plenty of solids. I’m worried if he had too much toxins.

Stop posting here and call your child's pediatrician. Worst case, pump and dump for a day and use formula, then back to normal.

Then call a registered dietitian and make an appointment to learn how the body functions and to make a food plan to work for yourself and your nursing baby.

Medical fact: Hashem built the only detox system anyone needs, ever. If you have a functioning liver and kidney, you do not need to do any other thing. This "detox diet" stuff is pure narishkeit and pseudoscience.

ora_43

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 8:21 am
Isn't the claim that detox diets stimulate the liver? IOW, any toxins that are supposedly leaving the body should be leaving in the usual ways - urination, defecation, sweat.

Your body doesn't dump toxins via breast milk. I mean if you eat or drink something it can get into breast milk (alcohol, meds, etc), but it's not where waste goes. I wouldn't worry about it.

Congresswoman

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 8:23 am
watergirl wrote:
Stop posting here and call your child's pediatrician. Worst case, pump and dump for a day and use formula, then back to normal.

Then call a registered dietitian and make an appointment to learn how the body functions and to make a food plan to work for yourself and your nursing baby.

Medical fact: Hashem built the only detox system anyone needs, ever. If you have a functioning liver and kidney, you do not need to do any other thing. [b]This "detox diet" stuff is pure narishkeit and pseudoscience.[/b]
[b]

This

amother
Peru

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 8:29 am
Why would drinking fruit juices cause toxins to be released thru breast milk? I’m assuming it’s called detox because it’s giving your body a rest from carby foods or junky foods and allowing you to probably cleanse yourself better thru normal bathroom habits.
It’s not the healthiest cause your baby needs protein and fats too but I don’t think it’s dangerous.

amother
Charcoal

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 8:32 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

It's unlikely that many toxins left your body simply by the fact that you cut out all other foods. And whatever tiny amount might have, mostly went out in the toilet and sweat.

May I suggest you call your own pediatrician for reassurance. The fact that your baby seems fine and everyone here is telling you nothing bad should have happened from this doesn't seem to be doing the trick for you.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 8:37 am
Detoxes are nonsense. Your liver does that for you.
Your baby is fine, but you might start getting dizzy and tired.

amother
Poppy

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 9:51 am
Detox isn’t nonsense but fruits and veggies for 3 days isn’t a serious detox. At all. I wouldn’t worry a bit. I mean, you gave your gut and liver a bit of a rest but it’s not like you started moving any serious toxins or anything. There’s many levels of detoxing and I would barely call this a detox even.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 10:03 am
amother [ Poppy ] wrote:
Detox isn’t nonsense but fruits and veggies for 3 days isn’t a serious detox. At all. I wouldn’t worry a bit. I mean, you gave your gut and liver a bit of a rest but it’s not like you started moving any serious toxins or anything. There’s many levels of detoxing and I would barely call this a detox even.

So what is a detox?

amother
Poppy

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 10:41 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So what is a detox?
what are you trying to detox? Detox is a very vague imprecise word. It can be used to mean anything that heals the gut, supporting the liver and kidneys, moving heavy metals out of tissue, cleansing from yeast and parasites, opening methylation and sulfation pathways, helping remove oxidative stress and reactive oxygen species from inside cells, and much much more.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 11:33 am
amother [ Poppy ] wrote:
what are you trying to detox? Detox is a very vague imprecise word. It can be used to mean anything that heals the gut, supporting the liver and kidneys, moving heavy metals out of tissue, cleansing from yeast and parasites, opening methylation and sulfation pathways, helping remove oxidative stress and reactive oxygen species from inside cells, and much much more.

I’m trying to lose weight by giving me a nice headstart.

chanatron1000

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 11:35 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

In the long run, restricting leads to weight gain.

imaima

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 11:45 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I am afraid it hardly made a dent. You are better off with an expert.

Detox is something for everyone, also for skinny people. OTOH some people detox and stay overweight. It won't burn fat or calories.

amother
Poppy

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 11:50 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thats not a detox. That’s calorie restriction. Maaaaybe a digestive reset.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics