Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Girls' schools
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 10:24 am
I'd like to move for the upcoming school year and don't know the first thing about schools or where I should be applying for my kindergarten daughter. We are heimish, mostly English speaking, some yiddish. My husband wears a shtreimel and has a slightly trimmed beard. I am with it, but no long wigs or anything that screams any statements. Any recommendations for schools to apply to? If you can also describe the type of school that would be great. Thank you!

mom24.7

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 10:26 am
Which school are your kids in now?

amother
Daylily

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 10:28 am
Are you looking for chassidish school or mix? Makes a big difference in what will be suggested.

ETA not sure which schools you'll have luck with if you want to send next year. Registration is sukkos time and not all the kids currently living in lakewood have a place.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 10:35 am
I'm currently in a heimish, yiddish speaking class in BYBP. I wouldn't mind going a bit more chasidish. I know it's late to be applying, but I can always daven, right? Whistling

mom24.7

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 10:41 am
Bybp elementary doesn't have Yiddish speaking. I'd say bais hachinuch is closest

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 10:54 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm currently in a heimish, yiddish speaking class in BYBP. I wouldn't mind going a bit more chasidish. I know it's late to be applying, but I can always daven, right? Whistling
Tiferes Chaya, bais rochel, Bnos hadassah, bais hachinuch, those are your options for chassidish/heimish. I also know some kids coming from bybp / heimish in Bnos Penina, nachlas by, Bnos bracha

amother
Vanilla

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 11:10 am
How does nachlas keep getting lumped on these threads lol. It is not a heimish or Chassidish school. It is a yeshivish leaning school. There are 2 streimels in the school and both are not really part of the chassidish community. It’s not what the op is looking for at all.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 11:15 am
This was all so so helpful! Thank you!

keym

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 11:16 am
amother [ Vanilla ] wrote:
How does nachlas keep getting lumped on these threads lol. It is not a heimish or Chassidish school. It is a yeshivish leaning school. There are 2 streimels in the school and both are not really part of the chassidish community. It’s not what the op is looking for at all.

Agreed.
And the same thing with Bnos Brocha. Bnos Brocha is one of those problems closest to the idea of a community school that has a large mix and there are some streimlach there.
But not at all like BYBP.

amother
Calendula

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 11:20 am
keym wrote:
Agreed.
And the same thing with Bnos Brocha. Bnos Brocha is one of those problems closest to the idea of a community school that has a large mix and there are some streimlach there.
But not at all like BYBP.

I disagree, I know a nice amount of people that sent to BYBP that now send to nachlas and Bnos Bracha.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 11:22 am
amother [ Calendula ] wrote:
I disagree, I know a nice amount of people that sent to BYBP that now send to nachlas and Bnos Bracha.
I can’t say a nice amount, but I know a handful of heimish with shtreimel wearing fathers in each of those schools. For some people that’s enough, they don’t davka want a chassidish school but don’t want to send to an entirely lkwd style yeshivish or litvish BY either.

amother
Vanilla

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 11:25 am
amother [ Calendula ] wrote:

The whole school is small. I know 80% of the families that switched in the later grades none of them went to bybp. You can’t possibly know a nice amount it doesn’t exist. I know of 2 chassidish looking families and they send because they don’t want to be chassidish. A heimish family would not fit in. Both culturally and hashkafically. Nachlas has a similar parent body to bnos Esther maka, moeros, neemas… outsiders who lump it with heimish schools are mistaken.

amother
Vanilla

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 11:26 am
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
I can’t say a nice amount, but I know a handful of heimish with shtreimel wearing fathers in each of those schools. For some people that’s enough, they don’t davka want a chassidish school but don’t want to send to an entirely lkwd style yeshivish or litvish BY either.

Nachlas is literally a typical litvish BY in every single way.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 11:53 am
Bnos brocha isn't heimish or chassidish. It's a litvish school

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 11:56 am

because there is no real option for this type like op is describing. If Bnos Penina families are too modern for your hashkafa and you are a frum bybp family where can you send to? You are chasidish inclined but your kids are already learning in Hebrew they dont have chasidish havara or speak yiddish.... What would be the options for HS then coming from a yiddish speaking school? They eill have to strugle wuth hebrew in hs. Will these girls even get accepted into a Bais Yaakov type hs?

amother
Vanilla

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 12:04 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
because there is no real option for this type like op is describing. If Bnos Penina families are too modern for your hashkafa and you are a frum bybp family where can you send to? You are chasidish inclined but your kids are already learning in Hebrew they dont have chasidish havara or speak yiddish.... What would be the options for HS then coming from a yiddish speaking school? They eill have to strugle wuth hebrew in hs. Will these girls even get accepted into a Bais Yaakov type hs?

So list all the litvish schools. Don’t mislead people into thinking they are sending to a heimish school only to find out after they send that it’s not. Why nachals over any other litvish school? It’s exactly the same as all the others. If people want to send go ahead but don’t lump it as heimish when it’s not even close.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 12:17 pm
So list all the litvish schools. Don’t mislead people into thinking they are sending to a heimish school only to find out after they send that it’s not. Why nachals over any other litvish school? It’s exactly the same as all the others. If people want to send go ahead but don’t lump it as heimish when it’s not even close.

because it seems like Nachlas is a warm enviroment and instill alot of tznius in the girls and the fact is that everyone tells me to try this school because they know some bybp type in the school but they don't mention the other schools. If there are any other schools other than the chasidish ones suitable for a bp family please let us know!!

amother
Vanilla

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 12:22 pm
I went to bybp many many years ago. Why would any of the typical Lakewood schools not be a good match? I think it all depends on who has room. Tehilas Chaya Sara and byoc are the only ones I would think are very different.

keym

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 12:25 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
because it seems like Nachlas is a warm enviroment and instill alot of tznius in the girls and the fact is that everyone tells me to try this school because they know some bybp type in the school but they don't mention the other schools. If there are any other schools other than the chasidish ones suitable for a bp family please let us know!!

I know BP and Heimish families in the following
Bais Faiga
Bais Rivka Rochel
Bais Tova
Tiferes
Chain
Moreshes
Bnos Melech
Shiras Chaim
Neimas

All of them are Litvish BY schools. Some are more extreme yeshivish, some less. Some have more streimlach or bekishes, some less.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 12:58 pm
Bais Tova has heimish
Bnos Penina
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries