Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Does your dd
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 3:19 pm
sleep with bra at night? DD is a starter (training bra) and I'm not sure how to advise her. She'll also be going to sleepaway for the first time this summer and wondering what the girls do.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 3:25 pm
No, of course not. Why would a young girl need to sleep with a bra?

BrisketBoss

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 3:28 pm
My mother specifically taught me not to do this.

amother
Wandflower

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 3:38 pm
Not necessary at all. If she decides on her own that she's more comfortable then she'll do it on her own.

1ofbillions

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 3:44 pm
She’s probably nervous about her nipples poking obviously out of her pj shirt between changing into pjs and actually going to bed. Girls hang out and party a bit in their pajamas. I felt the same way at her age, it’s very normal and age appropriate.

She could either wear a loose fitting hoodie over my pj shirt and then take it off when she goes to bed, or wear a training bra and take it off in bed under the covers. That’s what my friends and I did.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 3:44 pm
I thought that only large chested women and nursing moms wore bras at night, and even then only if they find it more comfortable than going without.

I have never heard of a little girl needing one. Why would she?

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 3:59 pm
One does, the other doesn't.

I'm told it's more common in camp. Maybe because they spend a lot of time hanging out with others once they're changed, or because they feel more comfortable changing in front of others.

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 4:01 pm
Many girls do sleep in it in camp because they don’t want to be seen without it depends on how much shows through her shirt.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 4:05 pm
I'd recommend a sleeping one (bralette or the like) so not to be sticking out through her pjs. They're comfortable

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 6:09 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I thought that only large chested women and nursing moms wore bras at night, and even then only if they find it more comfortable than going without.

I have never heard of a little girl needing one. Why would she?

I am a large-chested woman (J Cup) and former nursing mom yet have never worn a bra at night. 🤷‍♀️🤔

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 6:13 pm
I remember in camp someone said something about me not wearing a bra at night… I shrugged it off as her problem, not mine. Like I’m more comfortable without it, it’s not her business and she’s weird for mentioning my boobs.

workingmom613

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 8:25 pm
We used to take them off under our covers at night and then put them under our pillow No one really spoke about it but I feel like we all did the same

amother
Foxglove

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 8:25 pm
Can she wear an undershirt instead?

amother
Daisy

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 8:27 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
I am a large-chested woman (J Cup) and former nursing mom yet have never worn a bra at night. 🤷‍♀️🤔

Lucky you. I am only a dd and can’t go without it. When I nurse im huge especially the first few months plus I leak all over the place.

amother
Pear

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 11:08 pm
Wait, what?? Why do people sleep without bras? Am I missing something here?
I sleep in wire free cheapy Walmart bras, but I can’t imagine jiggling all over the place before bed and during the night

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 11:15 pm
Definitely the cheap cotton bralettes. She's going to need a ton of them for camp anyway, since they sweat through them and have less frequent laundry than you do at home.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 11:18 pm
Both of my preteens often wear theirs to bed, nothing to do with me. They both told me separately that it's very comfortable, so why not? I don't specifically care, so I let it be. I personally hate wearing bras and take them off at the first possible chance!!

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 11:19 pm
amother [ Pear ] wrote:
Wait, what?? Why do people sleep without bras? Am I missing something here?
I sleep in wire free cheapy Walmart bras, but I can’t imagine jiggling all over the place before bed and during the night

Seriously? I have never heard of someone sleeping with a bra. (Aside from little girls in training bras and nursing women.)

amother
White

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 11:24 pm
I always sleep with a bra. (as a matter of fact, I took off my bra one night before I went into bed, and dh looked at me- I was wearing pjs- and said "watsup, did you gain a tremendous amount of weight or something, you're figure changed in such a bad way) lol....

In camp, most girls slept with bras... we used to hang out at night with our pjs... It looked really bad if you weren't wearing one...

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 11:24 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Seriously? I have never heard of someone sleeping with a bra. (Aside from little girls in training bras and nursing women.)

I slept with a bra until a few years into marriage. My mom never told me not to sleep in it. It took my husband to point out to me that I'll be way more comfy without it (and that he'll have easier access of course! Very Happy )
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics