Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Whats for supper today?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

ThankYou!1

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 4:11 pm
Menus and Recipes welcome Dancing

thepickled

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 4:23 pm
Shnitzel (I have it prepped frozen ready to be fried), rice, salad with whatever vegs I have on hand . Tomorrow I’m making cauliflower and corn fritters.

tigerwife

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 4:25 pm
Mac and cheese for the kiddies, served already so that they won’t be hungry.

Oven stir fry for the adults and hopefully for the kiddies, too, if they can bear having fleishig for dinner one more time this week Smile .

Oven stir fry:
Pour a bit of oil in a pan. Add an onion sliced in half rings and put in the oven.
While the onions start baking, cut additional stir fry vegetables. I’m using various color peppers and fresh mushrooms. Add to pan.
Cut a package of boneless chicken cutlets into strips or chunks, whatever you prefer. Toss with seasoned flour till covered (I just add salt and pepper to about half a cup flour in a bag, and slice the chicken directly in the bag and shake it up. Add chicken to pan.
Sauce:
¼ cup oil
¼ cup soy sauce
½ cup brown sugar
2 cloves garlic crushed
Pour over pan and mix well. Cover and bake at least an hour on 350.
In a separate, smaller pan I pour in one cup brown rice and two cups boiling water. Cover tightly and bake as long as the chicken.

I also have zucchini soup that’s currently defrosting.

mybusyima

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 4:27 pm
Pizza and french fries
Recipe: call pizza store, order, pay.

I'm too exhausted to think about supper. Over the past three weeks, the kids have been taking turns being sick and mom is not managing...

hodeez

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 4:31 pm
Schwarma. Cut dark chicken and saute with onions, salt, pepper, schwarma spice. Make Israeli salad. Toast pitas and stuff with salad, tchina, and chicken.

scruffy

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 4:31 pm
Honey mustard baked chicken tenders, roasted potatoes, and carrot salad.

ThankYou!1

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 4:37 pm
I'm drooling over everything here. Think every day I'll make somethng else from the above ideas...
(could be thats just cause I'm starved now, who knows Batting Eyelashes)

yiddishmom

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 4:39 pm
Oven baked schnitzel:

Toss in a bag: cutlets, oil, and rice crispies.

Bake pn 350 for 10 min. Drizzle with honey and continue baking as long as needed, depending on the thickness.

You can use Bread crumbs or any other crumbs. I find rice crispies to be the best.

Rice

Cabbage Salad

Roasted butternut squash soup

jfk92

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 4:39 pm
Ground dark chicken patties w quinoa and zucchini sticks . My husband and I will have leftover butternut squash soup too. The meat- I season and make into small patties and shallow fry. Zucchini I cut into sticks and broil on low w a little oil and then top w salt. The quinoa is plain because my kids don't like it any other way.
Ps- We don't like sauces or bread but it can easily replace a beef burger.

Last edited by jfk92 on Wed, Jan 05 2022, 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

yiddishmom

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 4:40 pm
tigerwife wrote:
Mac and cheese for the kiddies, served already so that they won’t be hungry.

Oven stir fry for the adults and hopefully for the kiddies, too, if they can bear having fleishig for dinner one more time this week Smile .

Oven stir fry:
Pour a bit of oil in a pan. Add an onion sliced in half rings and put in the oven.
While the onions start baking, cut additional stir fry vegetables. I’m using various color peppers and fresh mushrooms. Add to pan.
Cut a package of boneless chicken cutlets into strips or chunks, whatever you prefer. Toss with seasoned flour till covered (I just add salt and pepper to about half a cup flour in a bag, and slice the chicken directly in the bag and shake it up. Add chicken to pan.
Sauce:
¼ cup oil
¼ cup soy sauce
½ cup brown sugar
2 cloves garlic crushed
Pour over pan and mix well. Cover and bake at least an hour on 350.
In a separate, smaller pan I pour in one cup brown rice and two cups boiling water. Cover tightly and bake as long as the chicken.

I also have zucchini soup that’s currently defrosting.

Thanks so much for the stir fry recipe. Putting it on the menu for next week beH.

mom!

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 4:45 pm
Meatballs and rice. I’ll open a can of corn for whoever will take. Probably only me. Maybe dh.

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 4:47 pm
Hot poppers
Roasted veggies

amf

Meat ziti and carrot soup

BrisketBoss

mom! wrote:
Meatballs and rice. I’ll open a can of corn for whoever will take. Probably only me. Maybe dh.

So a little OT but I'm thinking about the same but I've only tried meatballs a few times and they fell apart while I was frying them. Any tips?

Eemaof3

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 4:54 pm
I don't know how to quote others (but want to learn), but mybusyima said it best and stole my menu for tonight!

mom!

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 4:56 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:
So a little OT but I'm thinking about the same but I've only tried meatballs a few times and they fell apart while I was frying them. Any tips?

I can post my recipe later.
The basic idea is a sauce, lightly boiling and drop the meatballs into it. No frying just cooking on the stove.
If they fell apart you may need more breadcrumbs.

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 4:59 pm
mybusyima wrote:
Pizza and french fries
Recipe: call pizza store, order, pay.

I'm too exhausted to think about supper. Over the past three weeks, the kids have been taking turns being sick and mom is not managing...

Haha, same menu here!

I’ll post what I made yesterday as it was sooo good and easy!

Sauté onion, throw a pack of chicken stew on top.
Peel and throw in 2 tangerines that were too soft and kids won’t eat anymore. Throw in handful of baby carrots (or chop carrot in Sm pieces).

Sprinkle salt, paprika, little black pepper & ginger.

For side dish the kids had lukshen and fresh sautéed mushrooms in Betty Crocker.
I had a spinach, arugula salad for side dish.

SG18

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 5:10 pm
Pasta with meat sauce. Sauteed ground beef in a pot, made it into a meat tomato sauce (in the same pot), and then added noodles.

The Happy Wife

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 5:27 pm
Sunny Days wrote:
For side dish the kids had lukshen and fresh sautéed mushrooms in Betty Crocker.

What's this?

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 5:39 pm
The Happy Wife wrote:
What's this?

Lukshen aka pasta
Sorry meant to write that...
Page 1 of 7   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus