Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Can I send a child away for shabbos if I have covid
Previous  1  2

amother
Valerian

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 7:39 pm
amother [ NeonOrange ] wrote:
The family doesn't need to isolate if a family member has covid. Sending away a child for shabbos is no different then kids going to school, men to shul.... It's a reasonable thing to ask as long as you're honest.

If a family member living in the household has covid, everyone who isn't vaccinated or doesn't have antibodies or didn't have covid in the last 90 days does in fact have to quarantine at home. They have to stay home 5 days from the last exposure to what is considered a contagious person (symptomatic, within five days of testing positive or symptoms starting, whichever is first.) Many toddlers qualify here. Any kids who are too young to vaccinate, as well as any who the family doesn't want to (valid choice) and don't have antibodies have to stay home from school.

Now, if you live in a place that doesn't stick to that and lets those kids go about their lives, then this request is reasonable, because it is consistent.

amother
Diamond

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 7:47 pm
My sister had Covid. I took her kids for Shabbos.
If they are okay with it and won’t hold it against you… why not.

Doesn’t hurt to ask!

imorethanamother

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 8:18 pm
Hmm. What about your child? A preschooler is totally fine with staying somewhere else for shabbos? They won’t cry for you?

amother
NeonOrange

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 8:25 pm
amother [ Valerian ] wrote:
If a family member living in the household has covid, everyone who isn't vaccinated or doesn't have antibodies or didn't have covid in the last 90 days does in fact have to quarantine at home. They have to stay home 5 days from the last exposure to what is considered a contagious person (symptomatic, within five days of testing positive or symptoms starting, whichever is first.) Many toddlers qualify here. Any kids who are too young to vaccinate, as well as any who the family doesn't want to (valid choice) and don't have antibodies have to stay home from school.

Now, if you live in a place that doesn't stick to that and lets those kids go about their lives, then this request is reasonable, because it is consistent.

Nope, this is not true. Family/household members of a covid positive do not need to isolate, regardless of their vaccination status.

amother
Forsythia

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 8:28 pm
As a bubby I can say no preschoolers ever cried by me staying for shabbos or any other overnight B"H.
The only time they cry is that they want it to be their turn again Wink
May it only be for good reasons!
Refuah shlaimah Op!
If you were one of my marrieds, and I know you are not, I would totally take.

amother
Tuberose

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 8:30 pm
amother [ Valerian ] wrote:

Your unvaxed kid must stay home for 5 days. Don’t be responsible for spreading Covid.

amother
Forsythia

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 8:34 pm
Look obviously I am "of an age" ....and I am not concerned because if asymptomatic vaxxed also spread it then what good is locking myself in a hermetic seal (though if someone else chooses to do so I totally understand).
Consciousness equals choice.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 8:42 pm
amother [ Tuberose ] wrote:
Your unvaxed kid must stay home for 5 days. Don’t be responsible for spreading Covid.

None of the doctors I asked agree with this.
Everyone, even the fully vaxxed, spreads covid, it's everywhere. And the flu now is worse and more contagious than covid. The flu should be a bigger concern at this point.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 8:46 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
In my nephews school they allow a student to come to class even if the parent has covid.. I don’t agree but it is what it is and most schools are the same so what’s the difference of hosting a child

The difference is that a preschooler hosted in your home over 25 hours will need help with the bathroom, some degree of help with feeding, sharing indoor air over a 25 hour period, etc etc it is much more exposure than being in school with someone.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 8:56 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
The difference is that a preschooler hosted in your home over 25 hours will need help with the bathroom, some degree of help with feeding, sharing indoor air over a 25 hour period, etc etc it is much more exposure than being in school with someone.

It's the same thing. Exposure is exposure. It doesn't matter if it's 1 hour, 8 hours, or 25 hours.

amother
Navyblue

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 9:14 pm
Nope, this is not true. Family/household members of a covid positive do not need to isolate, regardless of their vaccination status.

Yes they do if they are not vaccinated.

amother
Navyblue

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 9:15 pm
It's the same thing. Exposure is exposure. It doesn't matter if it's 1 hour, 8 hours, or 25 hours.

Wrong again.

amother
Navyblue

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 9:16 pm
Can dh take care of the kids do you can rest?

amother
Forsythia

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 9:16 pm
Everyone can ask their dr

Ayldr

amother
NeonOrange

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 9:28 pm
amother [ Navyblue ] wrote:
Yes they do if they are not vaccinated.

Not according to the doctors I asked.
It is so foolish to think that vaccinated don't spread covid. Vaccinated spread and get covid at the same rate as unvaccinated. It literally doesn't matter if you're vaccinated or not. In fact, more vaccinated people are getting Omricon than unvaccinated.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 9:47 pm
Not according to the doctors I asked.
It is so foolish to think that vaccinated don't spread covid. Vaccinated spread and get covid at the same rate as unvaccinated. It literally doesn't matter if you're vaccinated or not. In fact, more vaccinated people are getting Omricon than unvaccinated.

This is because there are more vaccinated people than unvaccinated.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 9:55 pm
amother [ Lightgreen ] wrote:
This is because there are more vaccinated people than unvaccinated.

Not in every community & I mean percentage wise.
The vaccine is not effective against Omricon.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics