Home

Arizona house rental
Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Vacation and Traveling


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




Snowdrop
 

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 11:02 pm
Labella pizza sells pizza and sushi

https://www.labellakosher.com/
Back to top

amother




Wine
 

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 6:20 pm
What is the Mikvah policies in Arizona these days? How much in advance do I have to schedule? And do they let non-locals use the Mikvah?
Back to top

amother




Snowdrop
 

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 7:09 pm
Chabad let's anyone in.
Litvish also.
Both has info on the website
Back to top

amother




Jasmine
 

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 7:13 pm
call the chabad make arrangements and make a donation
Back to top

amother




Wine
 

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 7:14 pm
amother [ Snowdrop ] wrote:
Chabad let's anyone in.
Litvish also.
Both has info on the website


Thank you. OK, just checked, and the litvish one says bring a bathrobe in addition to two towels. As I am travelling, I will not have a bath robe with me, just towels. Would that be a problem?
Back to top

jflower




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 9:32 pm
http://manhattanpizzeria.com

Best pizza in Phoenix. There's a bit of a wait but it's worth it.
Back to top

amother




Snowdrop
 

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 11:02 pm
They have towels and robes.
You don't need to bring anything. They just started letting you prepare there
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 11:07 pm
Anyone know if there are any gluten free food options in any of the eateries in Scottsdale or Phoenix? Any place that can accommodate gluten free?
Back to top

amother




Wine
 

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 12:01 am
amother [ Snowdrop ] wrote:
They have towels and robes.
You don't need to bring anything. They just started letting you prepare there


Snowdrop -- Thank you! That's really good to know.
Back to top

amother




Wine
 

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 12:02 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Anyone know if there are any gluten free food options in any of the eateries in Scottsdale or Phoenix? Any place that can accommodate gluten free?


Following...
Back to top

amother




Wine
 

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 12:09 am
amother [ Snowdrop ] wrote:
Here is a great house in Phoenix.

Posting link from vrbo.com as Airbnb is not loading, it's on Airbnb as well.

https://www.vrbo.com/1301805?a.....52955

The dates I put in are not accurate so hope its available.

What type of Shul are you looking for? There are 5 Shuls within 5 minutes walking distance?


Hi Snowdrop,

Thank you so much for your help again. This was super helpful!!!

Another question if I may:

We just received property access instructions from the host via Vrbo. They involve a use of punching a code on a lockpad to go in and out. It is not clear if this is manual or digital. The second set of keys is only for the parking lot. What do people do on shabbos regarding going in and out of their rental unit? ( I will obviously also reach out to the host, but figured you might know).

Thanks again!
Back to top

amother




Snowdrop
 

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 11:29 am
We had family stay there last year, so it may have changed.
I don't recall if it was digital or not, but inside the house was I think 2 sets of keys.
You just needed the code to enter the first time.
Back to top

doctorima




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 11:55 am
I have no experience with this particular rental, but many VRBOs/AirBNBs now use digital keypads that can easily be remotely changed for each guest. I highly doubt that they use a manual one, which is much more difficult to reprogram for each stay.

This is very convenient for the owner and works well during a weekday visit, but creates lots of problems for stays over Shabbos. We have had to cancel reservations when we discovered that the only way in or out was via an electronic keypad.

Some houses do have physical keys, but many owners prefer not to use them, since they can be easily duplicated and it creates a security risk. You can ask, but if they say no, your options are to either always have someone stay in the rental over Shabbos to be able to open the door (usually me), or else to leave a back or side door unlocked if you all want to leave and feel that the neighborhood is safe.
Back to top

amother




Wine
 

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 12:25 pm
amother [ Snowdrop ] wrote:
We had family stay there last year, so it may have changed.
I don't recall if it was digital or not, but inside the house was I think 2 sets of keys.
You just needed the code to enter the first time.


Thank you for letting me know. I will reach out to the host to find out more.

Anywhere to go for a shabbos stroll in that neighborhood? Or is it just all residential?
Back to top

amother




Wine
 

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 12:27 pm
doctorima wrote:
I have no experience with this particular rental, but many VRBOs/AirBNBs now use digital keypads that can easily be remotely changed for each guest. I highly doubt that they use a manual one, which is much more difficult to reprogram for each stay.

This is very convenient for the owner and works well during a weekday visit, but creates lots of problems for stays over Shabbos. We have had to cancel reservations when we discovered that the only way in or out was via an electronic keypad.

Some houses do have physical keys, but many owners prefer not to use them, since they can be easily duplicated and it creates a security risk. You can ask, but if they say no, your options are to either always have someone stay in the rental over Shabbos to be able to open the door (usually me), or else to leave a back or side door unlocked if you all want to leave and feel that the neighborhood is safe.


Thank you for that. Worst case, I will stay home (I will bring reading materials). Or we will take turns. The reservations are non-refundable.
Back to top

amother




Wine
 

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 8:29 pm
amother [ Snowdrop ] wrote:
Yes it's in an apartment complex where 80% of the 200 families are frum. Right in the heart!
There is the main Shul - Litvish Shul right there
https://www.ohrhatorahphoenix.org/visitors
Has alot of info.

There is a Bucharian Shul, nusach Seward shul, smaller litvish Shul and Israeli style.

There are not really parks in the area.


Is there anywhere around there to take a Shabbos stroll? Or is it all residential area with nothing to see within a walking distance?
Back to top

amother




Wine
 

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 8:30 pm
amother [ Snowdrop ] wrote:
We had family stay there last year, so it may have changed.
I don't recall if it was digital or not, but inside the house was I think 2 sets of keys.
You just needed the code to enter the first time.


So I spoke to the hostess, and she said the keypad is mechanical; not automated. B"H!
Back to top
Previous  1, 2 Recent Topics

Page 2 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Vacation and Traveling

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Arizona in the summer
by amother
21 Today at 4:52 am View last post
by zaq
Looking to rent my house out short term stunning neighborhoo 2 Yesterday at 3:35 pm View last post
House of Noa Playmat
by amother
2 Yesterday at 1:20 pm View last post
House with pool 2-3 hours from Lakewood
by amother
27 Yesterday at 1:39 am View last post
WhatsApp groups for pool rental
by redrose
3 Wed, Aug 03 2022, 3:28 pm View last post