Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Can u put little leg clothing in dryer?

Maryann

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 11:55 am
?

applesbananas

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 12:04 pm
Lil legs? It does shrink a little .. especially the ribbed one

Maryann

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 12:05 pm
I just put a set in the dryer , it shrank so much! My baby can't wear it anymore!
So disappointed she wore it once!

applesbananas

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 12:15 pm
Maryann wrote:
I just put a set in the dryer , it shrank so much! My baby can't wear it anymore!
So disappointed she wore it once!

I have a very robust 2 year old (just turned 2) I bought him a few of the ribbed sets for this season in a size 3. A few of them shrank (even the ones I hung- it’s kinda the nature of ribbed cotton) I still put them on him, I just always put a onesie under so that if the top rides up his belly isn’t exposed and he’s not cold outdoors…

r1

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 12:18 pm
I don’t put in the dryer. They are made to be so snug and just just as is and they are 100% cotton so why would you?

Maryann

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 12:23 pm
r1 wrote:
I don’t put in the dryer. They are made to be so snug and just just as is and they are 100% cotton so why would you?

I thought bc kids clothes especially babies get their shape back by going in the dryer

I also didn't think that they will shrink since they are so expensive I figured they good quality and wont..

r1

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 12:27 pm
Maryann wrote:
I thought bc kids clothes especially babies get their shape back by going in the dryer

I also didn't think that they will shrink since they are so expensive I figured they good quality and wont..

I guess you live and you learn, I don’t put any kids clothing in the dryer- especially expensive things. cotton shrinks…

SuperWify

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 12:29 pm
No way. Hang them up. Hang all baby clothing up.

EsG

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 12:31 pm
100% cotton clothes from carter's or target are totally fine to dry. I do all the time.

Cotton (or any fabric) clothes from frum stores are just not meant to go in the dryer. Ever. Live and learn unfortunately.

Sewsew_mom

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 1:28 pm
Maryann wrote:

Just because a company has a good fit and it's a well known brand doesn't mean the quality is exceptional. I know fabric and I don't find little legs fabric to be all that great.
But I do dry kids clothes on a delecate short cycle and than hang dry the rest because otherwise they have this horrible crunch to it. It will shrink a bit. Go with the next size when you buy it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry