Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Can I put favours on every other setting?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Blessing1

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 6:03 pm
flowerpower wrote:
I put something at the entrance near a flower arrangement. People took one per kid. I was so shocked. I would think people would chop it’s one per family. The things that surprise me.....shouldn’t surprise me.

My oh my, I saw this recently at a Bar Mitzvah as well. I was shocked! And when there wasn't enough left for all her kids, a women took away from my daughter the one she was holding! I'm still mad about it. I thought it's self understood that it's 1 per guest, but I guess a notice needs to be posted.....

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 6:10 pm
asmileaday wrote:
If it's for a Bar Mitzvah that's not fair. My sons were all so proud and happy to see those little tefillin bags at everyone's place by the men.
Either make enough or just put a few on the sweet table.

Btw making little tefillin bags are super cheap. If you're interested I can share how I did mine.

Not op, but mind sharing how you did it?

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 6:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
😊 I want to use those boxes, I think they're so cute! Maybe for his friends Smile

Mind posting a picture? My nephews bar mitzva is coming up, and I’d love to see what you’re referring to

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 6:14 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Mind posting a picture? My nephews bar mitzva is coming up, and I’d love to see what you’re referring to

I don't know how to link them or post a picture, but they were posted on the 'I love shopping on Alli, ama' thread. On the 2nd last page I think.

I bought the rectangular, personalised boxes.

Simple1

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 6:23 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
My oh my, I saw this recently at a Bar Mitzvah as well. I was shocked! And when there wasn't enough left for all her kids, a women took away from my daughter the one she was holding! I'm still mad about it. I thought it's self understood that it's 1 per guest, but I guess a notice needs to be posted.....

Well if the kids are invited, then they each are guests. Again I haven't noticed favors at bar mitzvahs, so I'm not familiar with the ettiquette. I have seen favors at bas mitzvahs which do seem to be more geared towards kids (girls) and the favors seem to be one per kid. But it certainly was rude of her to take yours.

Blessing1

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 6:32 pm
Simple1 wrote:
Well if the kids are invited, then they each are guests. Again I haven't noticed favors at bar mitzvahs, so I'm not familiar with the ettiquette. I have seen favors at bas mitzvahs which do seem to be more geared towards kids (girls) and the favors seem to be one per kid. But it certainly was rude of her to take yours.

Their kids were not invited. The favors are 1 per invited guest and some women took for all their kids that were at home and were not invited to the Bar Mitzvah.

asmileaday

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 6:42 pm
For the poster that asked how I did mine.

I took a clear picture of my son's tefillin bag. Uploaded to my computer. Resized in Word to a 2.75x2.75 size. Copy and pasted 6 on a page.
Printed it (black and white) directly on to silver paper from Amazon.
The kids cut out each one and slipped it into a 3x4 self seal clear bag. Filled the bag with chocolate (whatever was cheapest, I think we used choc cookie pops). Folded closed with the sticky strip.

Was really cute. We made about 200pcs and it didn't cost a lot. There was plenty for everyone to take home for as many kids as they wished.

These are the 2 Amazon links for the paper and bags.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....14748
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....afd49

Last edited by asmileaday on Wed, Jan 12 2022, 9:26 pm; edited 2 times in total

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 6:47 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
Their kids were not invited. The favors are 1 per invited guest and some women took for all their kids that were at home and were not invited to the Bar Mitzvah.

Oh my that's the height of rudeness!!

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 7:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I don't know how to link them or post a picture, but they were posted on the 'I love shopping on Alli, ama' thread. On the 2nd last page I think.

I bought the rectangular, personalised boxes.

Thanks so much

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 7:21 pm
asmileaday wrote:

I took a clear picture of my son's tefillin bag. Uploaded to my computer. Resized in Word to a 2.75x2.75 size. Copy and pasted 6 on a page.
The kids cut out each one and slipped it into a 3x4 self seal clear bag. Filled the bag with chocolate (whatever was cheapest, I think we used choc cookie pops). Folded closed with the sticky strip.

We really cute. We made about 200pcs and it didn't cost a lot. There was plenty for everyone to take home for as many kids as they wished.

Thanks so much!!!!!

amother
Yolk

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 7:23 pm
Blessing1 wrote:

I would have marched over to her and taken it back! And then given her a lecture about taking things from children.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 8:05 pm
I think it's mean to take away stuff from kids. However, if you are doing fevers just realize everybody's going to take home for their children. If you don't have enough money to do for everybody plus then please don't bother.

Also, favors can cost so little money compare to everything else at the bar mitzvah so It's either you make enough or don't bother.

Optione

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 8:08 pm
asmileaday wrote:

We really cute. We made about 200pcs and it didn't cost a lot. There was plenty for everyone to take home for as many kids as they wished.

I love this!! My son's bar mitzvah is in many years, but I'm definitely going to find a reason to do this!

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 8:19 pm
I've made two very simple bar mitzvahs and those little tefillin bag/box things were the highlight for my kids! They were really into them and were so excited about choosing which candies to put in. Definitely do one at each place setting. It's just special for the kids!

Blessing1

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 9:03 pm
amother [ Yolk ] wrote:
I would have marched over to her and taken it back! And then given her a lecture about taking things from children.

I would've done the same but by the time my daughter came crying to me that a lady took it away from her, the women was gone.

Blessing1

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 9:05 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
I think it's mean to take away stuff from kids. However, if you are doing fevers just realize everybody's going to take home for their children. If you don't have enough money to do for everybody plus then please don't bother.

Also, favors can cost so little money compare to everything else at the bar mitzvah so It's either you make enough or don't bother.

No, we don't need to realize that everyone will take home for all their children because it should be self understood and common sense that it's one per guest. I've never seen anyone prepare souvenirs for all guests to take home for their kids.

amother
Calendula

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 9:40 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
No, we don't need to realize that everyone will take home for all their children because it should be self understood and common sense that it's one per guest. I've never seen anyone prepare souvenirs for all guests to take home for their kids.

I'd hope it would be obvious but this is why it's probably best to put one out at each plate per guest instead of having people help themselves. There are a lot of clueless (and possibly some just plain self centered) people around.

amother
Black

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 9:46 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:

They did make for everyone. Everyone who was invited/rsvp'd. It is absolutely rude and selfish to take for kids at home who either did not rsvp or were not invited.
No one should take for kids at home. And it should not be expected as such. I have been to events where people carried out plates and plates of food. For people who were not there. Peoples there did not get. Yes it might be "Seudas mitzvah" and some people like to take back for people at home but the host is not supposed to make enough for the entire world.
(If a host offers, that is a different situation).
Stop being kind (to your kids) on another's dime and stress. Because making those favors can get expensive and take up a ton of time if they have to account for dozens and dozens of kids NOT invited. And why should she not get the simcha she wants because of your expectations?

amother
Rainbow

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 9:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Basically can 2 people share their chocs in their favour to save costs? Smile

I'd put 2 chocs in each tefillin box....

Favors are meant to be taken home. How would your idea to share one favor work? The other person has to take home chocolate wrapped in napkin?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 1:16 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:

Good point. Just as an aside. It's just close family with all their kids. They're all invited. We're doing it early, supper time Smile
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics