Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Sedona Arizona- Grand Canyon with baby?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 10:18 am
Will be visiting soon with a 3 month old. Are these places interesting with a stroller? What can we do in Sedona in one day? Anyone? Tia

iluvy

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 10:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Will be visiting soon with a 3 month old. Are these places interesting with a stroller? What can we do in Sedona in one day? Anyone? Tia

We did this exact trip! There's a nice path around the grand canyon that you can do with a stroller. We hiked in Sedona (Bell Rock) with the baby in a knapsack. The grand canyon is freezing so make sure you and the baby have the right clothing. We were too nervous to hike inside it with the baby because it was very slippery and icy. But hiking in Sedona was perfect with the knapsack. It was so much fun!

amother
Poppy

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 10:38 am
I’ve taken 3 month old to Greece. Meaning I have no issue traveling with infants. But I wouldn’t do your trip with an infant. Thats just me.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 11:11 am
iluvy wrote:
We did this exact trip! There's a nice path around the grand canyon that you can do with a stroller. We hiked in Sedona (Bell Rock) with the baby in a knapsack. The grand canyon is freezing so make sure you and the baby have the right clothing. We were too nervous to hike inside it with the baby because it was very slippery and icy. But hiking in Sedona was perfect with the knapsack. It was so much fun!

So I need to bring his coat along from New York? Thought sweater -jacket is fine. Ok. If we can’t do both, which one should we do? Thanks

doctorima

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 11:11 am
The rim along the Grand Canyon is flat and paved, so no issues with a stroller there. Sedona has tons of different trails, so just find ones that are stroller friendly. I remember we enjoyed Cathedral Rock, Bell Rock, Devil's Bridge, and West Fork. Devil's Bridge definitely won't be for you, but I think Cathedral Rock should be fine. Pink Jeep tours are also lots of fun, but not sure about bringing a baby on them.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 11:12 am
amother [ Poppy ] wrote:
I’ve taken 3 month old to Greece. Meaning I have no issue traveling with infants. But I wouldn’t do your trip with an infant. Thats just me.

What would you recommend we do in Arizona? Have you been there?

amother
Poppy

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 11:18 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What would you recommend we do in Arizona? Have you been there?

Yes I’ve been to Arizona. It just personally wouldn’t be a trip I’d do with an infant. Since it sounds like you booked already take the great suggestions you got. I’m sure you’ll have a great Trip

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 11:30 am
amother [ Poppy ] wrote:
Yes I’ve been to Arizona. It just personally wouldn’t be a trip I’d do with an infant. Since it sounds like you booked already take the great suggestions you got. I’m sure you’ll have a great Trip

Yes I’m halfway booked and fully made up my mind. I have no issue with just relaxing in my backyard and take a swim weather permitting plus some nice walks. But if there’s some nice site seeing I wouldn’t Wana miss those. What’s the botanical garden? Worth the trip? Is it nice?

amother
Poppy

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 11:34 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes I’m halfway booked and fully made up my mind. I have no issue with just relaxing in my backyard and take a swim weather permitting plus some nice walks. But if there’s some nice site seeing I wouldn’t Wana miss those. What’s the botanical garden? Worth the trip? Is it nice?

Are you planning this trip for January? If so it will most likely not be swimming weather at all. (I’ve been for pesach when it most definitely was) just make sure you’re aware

iluvy

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 12:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So I need to bring his coat along from New York? Thought sweater -jacket is fine. Ok. If we can’t do both, which one should we do? Thanks

The elevation at the Grand Canyon rim is very high. It's much colder than Phoenix. We were FREEZING. Like we didn't want to leave the visitor's center because we were so cold. But I see the forecast isn't so bad now so maybe we just got a bad week. We wore hats, gloves, boots, leggings, coats, layers, everything. In Sedona we unzipped our coats. The baby wore a snowsuit.

I think if you can't do both you should do the Grand Canyon. It's unbelievable just to be there. It takes your breath away. Sedona was beautiful and so much fun (we love hiking), but there are other places like it.

doctorima

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 12:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

IMHO, it would be a major chaval to go all the way to Arizona just to see the botanical garden.

DrMom

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 12:42 pm
I suppose at the Grand Canyon you could just stroll along paved walkway along the rim (many people do), and certainly in downtown Sedona you'll be fine with a stroller.

Personally, we enjoyed hiking in the Grand Canyon and Sedona, but I certainly would not do that with an infant in a stroller. Do you have a baby carrier?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 1:08 pm
DrMom wrote:
I suppose at the Grand Canyon you could just stroll along paved walkway along the rim (many people do), and certainly in downtown Sedona you'll be fine with a stroller.

Personally, we enjoyed hiking in the Grand Canyon and Sedona, but I certainly would not do that with an infant in a stroller. Do you have a baby carrier?

Ye I can get a baby carrier, but my back will kill me after a few hours. I believe. So you’re saying I must do the Grand Canyon when coming to Arizona? It’s about a 4.5 hour drive

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 1:10 pm
amother [ Poppy ] wrote:
Are you planning this trip for January? If so it will most likely not be swimming weather at all. (I’ve been for pesach when it most definitely was) just make sure you’re aware

Thanks Yes I’m aware. Mid day it can be 70 now. If the pool is really warm, I still won’t be able to get some swim?

DrMom

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 1:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ye I can get a baby carrier, but my back will kill me after a few hours. I believe. So you’re saying I must do the Grand Canyon when coming to Arizona? It’s about a 4.5 hour drive

You don't *have to* do anything. And it's cold in winter. Up to you.

4.5 hour drive from where? Where are you staying?

amother
Poppy

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 1:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I think the point is that it’s a long way to fly and money being spent to NOT go to the states biggest attraction. If you’re ok dealing with baby jet leg and the time and expense of a trip to stay in the vacation home/hotel, that’s for you to decide. That’s not something I’d do tho.

amother
Poppy

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 1:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks Yes I’m aware. Mid day it can be 70 now. If the pool is really warm, I still won’t be able to get some swim?

To me 70 degrees isn’t quite swim weather. It’s long sleeve/3/4 sleeve weather. But you know you

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 2:49 pm
Ok. Thanks to all. I don’t do one week vacations too often. Actually never did one. And I’m looking to escape the cold freezing ny. I want something scenic relaxing and not busy. I got great reviews for Scottsdale Arizona and is stuck in my head. But I’m open for other options. With kosher food. Thank you

amother
Poppy

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 3:00 pm
Atlanta is closer. And has kosher food. And no jet lag. If you’re looking to go swimming then Florida is obviously your best bet. If you want to do nothing and chill you can def do that in Scottsdale too obv

doctorima

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 3:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ok. Thanks to all. I don’t do one week vacations too often. Actually never did one. And I’m looking to escape the cold freezing ny. I want something scenic relaxing and not busy. I got great reviews for Scottsdale Arizona and is stuck in my head. But I’m open for other options. With kosher food. Thank you

Look into Palm Springs. It's gorgeous, relaxing, uncrowded, and usually at least as warm as Phoenix and Miami. For kosher food, either order takeout from the local Chabad or fly into LAX and stock up in LA (2 hours away).
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics