Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
4 doses is apparently not good enough
Previous  1  2  3  Next

miami85

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 12:54 pm
amother [ Skyblue ] wrote:
Actually the vaccine was said to prevent covid. Why else would you force people to take it? And it isn't keeping people out of hospitals to the extent it was promised either. And minor point....it is also harming many people.

It was also promised/intended to stop the spread, which it isn't doing either. So why forcing children to take a virus that majority are asymptomatic or mildly sick anyway doesn't make sense.

miami85

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 12:59 pm
fleetwood wrote:
You have covid again?? That's crazy! Feel better!!

Apparently. I felt worse with Delta--and even that was a "bad cold", not even sure what prompted me to test other than I just had a different cold. My kids are off from school today and I'm starting to guide them in getting starting organizing with pesach in mind.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 1:19 pm
miami85 wrote:
I had monoclonal antibodies when I had covid after yom tov, and it said you needed to wait 90 days for a vaccine, which just expired very recently and I was weighing whether or not to get the booster. Meanwhile I just tested positive for Omicron--and ok, so I'm coughing a bit more than with Delta, but I don't feel as bad, I even worked more (staying away from people) than when I had Delta. So what would the booster have done for me?

Refuah shleima.

The answer, as you well know, if that no one knows what the booster would have done for YOU. That's not the way it works, unfortunately. No one knows if Hana Horka -- a Czech singer who celebrated getting covid after refusing vaccination, then died of covid -- would be alive if she had been vaccinated. Ditto Meatloaf.

Because we don't know who will be badly affected, and who will not. Although we know who is more likely to be badly affected.

So we need to look at RATES. And we know that the RATES of infection are lower for the vaccinated. The RATES of hospitalization. The RATES of death.

Look, we know that if you play Russian Roulette, the chances are more than 83% that you're going to be fine. But I'd still think you were nuts if you played.

miami85

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 1:25 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Refuah shleima.

The answer, as you well know, if that no one knows what the booster would have done for YOU. That's not the way it works, unfortunately. No one knows if Hana Horka -- a Czech singer who celebrated getting covid after refusing vaccination, then died of covid -- would be alive if she had been vaccinated. Ditto Meatloaf.

Because we don't know who will be badly affected, and who will not. Although we know who is more likely to be badly affected.

So we need to look at RATES. And we know that the RATES of infection are lower for the vaccinated. The RATES of hospitalization. The RATES of death.

Look, we know that if you play Russian Roulette, the chances are more than 83% that you're going to be fine. But I'd still think you were nuts if you played.

I was vaccinated so yes, I'm grateful that it reduced it to mild illness--but did I think for a minute I was NEVER going to get it--absolutely not. Was it disinformation? Or was it realistic expectation based on efficacy of other vaccines like the flu shot?

You mean REAL data would be useful and not just politically driven "don't ask questions" data? and anything that would've been truly helpful being called "disinformation" like "vaccine isn't foolproof"?

amother
Skyblue

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 1:46 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Refuah shleima.

I know that before vaccines, my whole family had mild covid and I didn't get it. Now that I was vaccinated I got covid, and my whole unvaccinated family didn't.

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 2:00 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Refuah shleima.

1. The RATES of hospitalization and deaths are FRAUDULENT as they count people who
are VACCINATED as UNVACCINATED.

2. The CDC is ADMITTING that they OVER-COUNTED (deliberately!) Covid Deaths and Hospitalizations. People who died from Cancer or Heart Attacks were counted as Covid Deaths if they tested positive for Covid - even with no Covid symptoms. People who went to the hospital
for Appendicitis or a Broken Leg were counted as a Covid Hospitalization if they tested positive - again, even without any Covid Symptoms and that is NOT why they went to the Hospital!

3. There are SAFE and EFFECTIVE CURES for Covid like Ivermectin and Hydroxycloroquine which caused ZERO DEATHS and have an excellent record of keeping people from being hospitalized when used EARLY.

What does Pharma BRIBED Government do? LIE about these cures and PERSECUTE doctors
who dare cure their patients by prescribing these VERY SAFE medications!

amother
Topaz

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 2:20 pm
Dunno, I'm old enough to remember when Biden promised, "If you get vaccinated, you won't get covid".

Now we hear that 4 vaccines isn't enough

But good news! Vaccine #19 is the charm

amother
DarkOrange

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 2:24 pm
All studies show natural immunity is far more effective against all variants than the vaccines

Why is it hard for some people to be flexible and accept new data and new realities? Politics? Makes no sense to me defies all logic

amother
Skyblue

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 2:31 pm
amother [ DarkOrange ] wrote:
All studies show natural immunity is far more effective against all variants than the vaccines

Why is it hard for some people to be flexible and accept new data and new realities? Politics? Makes no sense to me defies all logic

They have been screaming about it for over a year. It's hard to accept that you were wrong. So they just keeping digging themselves in a deeper hole that's harder to get out by saying things like the vaccine will prevent you from dying even if you may get very ill, or the vaccine doesn't work because your last booster was 4 months ago and not 3, or my vaccine doesn't work because you didn't get the vaccine etc...

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 2:43 pm
miami85 wrote:
I was vaccinated so yes, I'm grateful that it reduced it to mild illness--but did I think for a minute I was NEVER going to get it--absolutely not. Was it disinformation? Or was it realistic expectation based on efficacy of other vaccines like the flu shot?

You mean REAL data would be useful and not just politically driven "don't ask questions" data? and anything that would've been truly helpful being called "disinformation" like "vaccine isn't foolproof"?

I never heard anyone say that any vaccine was foolproof. Perhaps you could point to the high-level government official or vaccine scientist who said it is?

Its extremely easy to destroy strawmen. Its much more difficult to destroy facts.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 2:43 pm

And yet we hear of person after person getting covid a second, or even a third time.

But even if that were not the case, the problem is getting to natural immunity, because a large number of people die of covid.

amother
Topaz

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 2:48 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
And yet we hear of person after person getting covid a second, or even a third time.

But even if that were not the case, the problem is getting to natural immunity, because a large number of people die of covid.

The answer in not to keep on giving a vaccine that doesn't deliver but keep on working and delivering on therapeutics.

amother
Seablue

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 2:52 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

I recently read a study where natural immunity far superceded the vaccine when it came to the Delta strain. With the Omicron strain, neither previous disease nor the vaccine seem to provide good protection. However, Omicron also seems to be a far more mild version.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 2:53 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
1. The RATES of hospitalization and deaths are FRAUDULENT as they count people who
are VACCINATED as UNVACCINATED.

No they don't. You keep repeating this false information, but repeating lies doesn't make them true.

They DO count the small number of people who are within the window between vaccine administration and vaccine effectiveness as unvaccinated. Because the vaccine is not yet effective at that juncture. It would be fraudulent to claim otherwise.

#BestBubby wrote:
2. The CDC is ADMITTING that they OVER-COUNTED (deliberately!) Covid Deaths and Hospitalizations. People who died from Cancer or Heart Attacks were counted as Covid Deaths if they tested positive for Covid - even with no Covid symptoms. People who went to the hospital
for Appendicitis or a Broken Leg were counted as a Covid Hospitalization if they tested positive - again, even without any Covid Symptoms and that is NOT why they went to the Hospital!

Please provide proof of your claim that the CDC "admits" that it counted deaths that were not related to covid as covid deaths. For example, that a person who died of a broken leg was counted as a covid death. A direct quotation would be nice.

#BestBubby wrote:
3. There are SAFE and EFFECTIVE CURES for Covid like Ivermectin and Hydroxycloroquine which caused ZERO DEATHS and have an excellent record of keeping people from being hospitalized when used EARLY.

They don't work, as study after study shows. But if you and your family get covid, you can certainly feel free to use them.

#BestBubby wrote:
What does Pharma BRIBED Government do? LIE about these cures and PERSECUTE doctors
who dare cure their patients by prescribing these VERY SAFE medications!

Again with the lies about "persecution." You haven't been able to support this before. Care to try again?

fleetwood

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 3:00 pm

Scroll up a bit..two posters have caught it a second time within three months.. natural immunity ain't all it's cracked up to be...

amother
Skyblue

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 3:01 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
I never heard anyone say that any vaccine was foolproof. Perhaps you could point to the high-level government official or vaccine scientist who said it is?

Its extremely easy to destroy strawmen. Its much more difficult to destroy facts.

At what point would you call the vaccine not a success? As the cdc admitted the vaccine isnt helping the spread of covid. Many vaccinated have gotten covid and have been hospitalized. Many people have gotten vaccine injured. Maybe make sure the vaccine is safe and effective before forcing people to get it.

amother
Skyblue

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 3:01 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Scroll up a bit..two posters have caught it a second time within three months.. natural immunity ain't all it's cracked up to be...

They were vaccinated so maybe vaccine immunity ain't all it cracked up to be

DrMom

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 11:36 am
Omicron is significantly mutated from the original strain.

So it makes sense that both the vaccine against the original strain and antibodies against the original strain are less effective against Omicron.

That does not mean that the vaccine and prior infection were ineffective against older variants. All data shows that they clearly were.

ora_43

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 12:04 pm

I don't think people are unaware of this. It's just that it doesn't change anything. It's not like we're going to start giving people the actual live virus in order to protect them against the actual live virus, that would be idiotic. The point of vaccines is to get protection without getting sick.

ora_43

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 12:10 pm
DrMom wrote:
Omicron is significantly mutated from the original strain.

I'm surprised it took until page 2 for someone to say this.

I can't be the only person who's heard the word "variant" around 2,000 times in the past two years.

This is why. And it shouldn't be surprising, this is exactly what happens with the flu. That's why they offer new flu shots each year (and also, why flu shots are pretty hit and miss).

BH in this case it balances out - vaccines and treatments don't really work, but at least the virus is milder.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics