Home

Babka Recipe Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

mochacoffee

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 6:21 pm
I've tried to make babka and cinnamon buns a number of times and it never comes out good. I'm looking for a soft, moist dough. I got a good chocolate filling recipe on this site that I use, I need help with the dough.

Is it better to use regular flour or high gluten flour?
Is it better to use oil or margarine?

Any tips or tricks to make a delicious babka?
Any tried and true recipe?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 6:24 pm
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....81426

mochacoffee

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 8:22 pm
Thanks, that was recently printed in a magazine. Is it a good recipe that won't fail? Looking for tips and a no fail recipe.

happy bday

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 8:48 pm

I love this one! I know you said you have a filling but this one is really really good as well

challahchallah

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 9:02 pm
mochacoffee wrote:
Thanks, that was recently printed in a magazine. Is it a good recipe that won't fail? Looking for tips and a no fail recipe.

Honestly, the very best babka has real butter in the dough. The flavor and texture of parev just can’t compare.

mommyof5

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 10:15 pm
I have been making the exact same recipe as the one shown in the picture above ‘Break out the Bobka’ for years and everyone goes crazy over it.
The only think I change is that I double the filling as my family loves the chocolate oozing out.
What is cool about this recipe is that if you bake it for the 30 minutes on convection bake it is gooey like Kokosh cake but if you leave it in a few minutes longer it is more flakey like traditional Bobka.
I get 4 large Bobkas out of this recipe - not 8.
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins