Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Salads & Dips
Corn salad

rachie

Post Fri, May 02 2008, 12:15 pm
anyone have a very good corn salad recipe?

Tehilla

Post Fri, May 02 2008, 12:19 pm
I can't say if it qualifies as good, although it disappears at every Shabbos meal that I make it for. (could just be our family & guests, KWIM?)

1. corn, non-marinated black olives sliced, israeli style pickles sliced, and hearts of palm sliced. reserve the juice (all the juice mixed together) in a separate container. mix the ingredients, add mayo, garlic, and any spice you might decide to add, and a little of the juice reserve. it makes a quick and easy, mild but pleasant salad. quantities depend on you and those attending.

2. corn with red pepper cubed, hearts of palm non-marinated black olives, and chickpeas (sometimes this whole salad is over pasta). use a dill, garlic, mayo dressing.

de_goldy

Post Fri, May 02 2008, 12:33 pm
Corn (I usually use super sweet), red pepper and pickles. I usually try to proportion it so that the red pepper and pickle together equal the same amount as the corn.

dressing: Mayo, sugar, a little lemon juice, salt and a drop of pepper. Mix the dressing separately, then add.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, May 02 2008, 1:15 pm
I can bump up mine
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics