Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
How do you respond to chutzpah?

yo'ma

Post Mon, May 05 2008, 5:59 pm
My bigger ones if they're chutzpah, it's so much easier to deal with (they're not teenagers yet Very Happy ). I always act differently towards the chutzpah. I think 5 is the age to be chutzpah. My 8 yr old did the same thing, now he's not so bad. Is there any way you're supposed to respond or not respond when you're preschooler is chutzpah to you?

yo'ma

Post Mon, May 05 2008, 7:22 pm
He was chutzpah again and I'm about to wash his mouth out with soap and water. Nobody has any better ideas.

just kidding, he's in bed though and doesn't stop talking when he's supposed to be sleeping, so I may do something else Exploding anger .

SingALong

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 11:02 pm
my 3 and a half yr old DD is plenty chutzpadik. I dont think she understands what it means, so I just say we dont speak like tha tto a mommy. the nice way to say it is and I would rephrase. she till doesnt get it though. but when her friends were at the house and seh said something like "mommy give it to me now!" I said heer friends willl need to go home so she stopped. I think at that age she is still learning.

flowerpower

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 11:07 pm
yes, she is still learning, three is young to understand, at that age they learn not to say dirty words.

ds whos five is finally understanding chuzpah like if I say "go get the book" , he says "you get the book"...so work on chuzpah a lot. it finally an age where u understand. ds whos three is far from understanding that kind of chuzpah. if the 5 year old is fresh we practice how to refrase it so it can sound better, I also have a rule chart and this is one thing on the chart
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers