Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Work from Home Ideas Needed
1  2  3  4  Next

amother

Post Mon, May 05 2008, 5:36 pm
What interesting work at home mom ideas could you suggest?

supermommy

Post Mon, May 05 2008, 5:44 pm
I sell educational toys from home. I also babysit. If your good at writing you can do some freelance writing (although I don't know how that works). If you're good with crafts you can make things or decorate things and sell them.

amother

Post Mon, May 05 2008, 5:51 pm
I would also love to work from home. - I would love to do data entry or something like that.

actually I NEED to find a job. or else....

supermommy

Post Mon, May 05 2008, 5:56 pm
data entry would be a dream job to do from home. I don't usually see such an opportunity available though.

I once heard (maybe it was on this site) that some people do customer service for companies from home. You get training online and then join a company and become a customer service rep at home. The down side is that you need a seperate phone line and you have to set aside real working time. You can't just pick and chose each day when to work, you have to have a set schedule.

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, May 05 2008, 6:19 pm
I do Mary Kay (I'm a sales director) and, more recently, SendOutCards (I'm a distributor). Those are my REAL jobs. But I've become kind of a work at home guru for my friends and acquaintances--- those who interview for MK or SOC and aren't right for my teams, I refer them elsewhere..... so I know a lot about virtual call centers (for some of the ops you need to be incorporated and NONE of them pay well), transcription and coding courses and opportunities, and yep, data entry positions.

I do hits4pay and dealsncash for an extra $300 to $600 a month on top of my real jobs (I refer others---- what I personally earn is pennies a day, but I refer people who do it and they refer people and they're all doing it.....etc). In fact, I've referred a number of people from imamother. It's just basically clicking on ads for 2 cents an ad. You can browse imamother in another window. Smile But you get money for referring others. Good stuff.

I do paid emails for another less than $100 a month just for fun... but I don't have time to do heavy referring for them as well.

So I keep myself pretty busy working at home.

flowerpower

Post Mon, May 05 2008, 6:20 pm
I too am looking for something to do on the side. I would like to see some good ideas

Yulka

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 8:15 am
I'm working for a search engine called ChaCha.com as a search guide. What happens is people text in a question to 242 242 on their phone and then a guide searches the internet for an answer for them. It usually only takes 2-5 minutes or so to do the search. Many questions that I get, are prank questions. In those cases, I just send a text back to them with a snide comment...and I get paid for that! Text guides make 20 cents per text, which doesn't seem like a lot, but it definitely adds up.

And the best part is that you can log on to take texts for as long or short of a time as you want. You don't have to schedule your time on here...just log in when you can. When you are logged on a message will pop up saying that you have a text search available and if you choose to accept it then you complete it quickly.

Anyway, if you decide that you'd like to do it or get more info you can go to http://info.chacha.com/Careers......aspx and don't forget to put my e-mail address (julialazar@gmail.com) in the part that asks for who referred you (I get 10% of whatever you bring in!).
If you have any questions or decide that you are going to do this, let me know, you can pm or e-mail me.

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 9:51 am
I was wondering if there were any cha cha guides on imamother! Smile

creativemommyto3

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 10:04 am
Yulka wrote:
I'm working for a search engine called ChaCha.com as a search guide. What happens is people text in a question to 242 242 on their phone and then a guide searches the internet for an answer for them. It usually only takes 2-5 minutes or so to do the search. Many questions that I get, are prank questions. In those cases, I just send a text back to them with a snide comment...and I get paid for that! Text guides make 20 cents per text, which doesn't seem like a lot, but it definitely adds up.

And the best part is that you can log on to take texts for as long or short of a time as you want. You don't have to schedule your time on here...just log in when you can. When you are logged on a message will pop up saying that you have a text search available and if you choose to accept it then you complete it quickly.

can I do it from israel?

Anyway, if you decide that you'd like to do it or get more info you can go to http://info.chacha.com/Careers......aspx and don't forget to put my e-mail address (julialazar@gmail.com) in the part that asks for who referred you (I get 10% of whatever you bring in!).
If you have any questions or decide that you are going to do this, let me know, you can pm or e-mail me.

shalhevet

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 10:45 am
Yulka wrote:

So that means that if you are managing super fast, one every two minutes, you can do 30 an hour = 30x.20= $6 an hour. Let's say an average is 20/hour = one every 3 minutes= 20x.20= $4 an hour. Wow! Confused shock

SharonaB

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 11:25 am
Hi, I'm looking for web writing or article writing posts, any ideas? I need something I can fit in around a new home business and a baby - something flexible and not timebound. Not easy heh?

There are lots of con sites out there promising great opportunities but which just want to rip you off - either for a starters fee or with a pitifully low wage.

Watch out, always Google any companies you are interested in. I do this and often come across stories of non payment or no reply after a start up fee from others who got ripped off.

Be careful, it's a cruel world out there!!

Mama Bear

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 12:44 pm
If you have the time and patience, you can do ebay. look around your house for things youre no longer using and list them. list your neighbors'; and friends' items for a small fee. it's something im planning to do one day, when all my kids are in school iyh.

Raisin

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 12:49 pm
Dh told me that he knows Shluchim in the US who use english speakers in Israel as secretaries. (I guess Israel because the payscale is lower) they take calls, make phonecalls, help with projects.

Blossom

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 12:52 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
If you have the time and patience, you can do ebay. look around your house for things youre no longer using and list them. list your neighbors'; and friends' items for a small fee. it's something im planning to do one day, when all my kids are in school iyh.

How do you find stuff to sell?

Yulka

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 12:53 pm
Quote:
can I do it from israel?

I'm sorry, I think it's only for the U.S.

Quote:
So that means that if you are managing super fast, one every two minutes, you can do 30 an hour = 30x.20= $6 an hour. Let's say an average is 20/hour = one every 3 minutes= 20x.20= $4 an hour. Wow! Confused Shocked

I never said you're going to make tons of money. There are a lot of scams out there, and a lot of people looking to make quick money and promising things they can't deliver. But this one is legit. Realistically, you can make around $150, just doing it in your spare time. It's not meant to be the main source of income, just something extra.

creativemommyto3

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 1:18 pm
[quote="Yulka"]
Quote:
can I do it from israel?

I'm sorry, I think it's only for the U.S.

Actually, I just applied for the overnite weekday hours that go from 1am-7am slot which is 8am-2pm here. I put in that I live with my mom in new york. I actually have that as my billing address for cc's too.

[

Mama Bear

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 1:29 pm
Blossom wrote:
Mama Bear wrote:

How do you find stuff to sell?
Go to amazing savings, closeout connection, etc etc. If you have a blackberry or phone with internet that would be wodnerful since you could check from the store what things are selling and if there's a demand for them. If not, make a list of some really cheap things you see, come back home and check on ebay whether other ppl are selling it, how much it's selling for, if the market is oversaturated, make yoru calculations if you['ll even make any money after ebay fees & paypal fees... or, as I said, check in your house or with your friends/neighbors for things they don't need anymore. I have things I bought a long tiem ago like a printer cartridge, a camera memory card that I never used, those can sell nicely. old cmoputer games... computer manuals... cameras I no longer use... people even buy broken dvd players and cameras for parts. spend a day or two researching on ebay in the categories that you think you can find a supplier or might have people who need you to list for them.

CHANY115

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 7:16 pm
you can be a shadchan or sell items at home like gifts or be a baker and make minatures or learn to blow and cut hair-wigs or go into manicare stuff and waxing or do telemarketing for organizations or work for a phone company-sales from home, these are demands. or volunteer to do phone calls for a time, bonei olam or sell raffles and bring in objects for there party. lots to do or make chased calls and make people happy. do you need it for money or for entertainment.?????????

MrsLeo

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 7:54 pm
Does anyone know any telemarketing company that is looking for people to make calls from home that can send me the lists by email or fax?
I did telemarketing in 2 companies for tzedakah organizations for 2-3 years when I was in high school and the only way they would let me make calls from home is if I would be able to pick up the lists and bring them back everyday but I dont drive and have no way of getting back and forth.

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 11:01 am
mrsleo, are you willing take incoming calls, or just make outgoing ones?

if you're willing to take incoming calls, I'm pretty sure most of the virtual call center positions would work for you---- no picking up or dropping off, just phone work. Google any/all of these and apply away. They don't pay well, but if phone work is what you're interested in and you're not going into it for the money, you might enjoy doing this.

Here's the list.

Work At Home Agent (not open to contract in all states)
LiveOps (not open to contract in all states)
Working Solutions
Alpine Access (please check their site as they are location specific)
ACD Direct
Voice Log
Willow CSN (requires that contractors be incorporated)
Customer Loyalty Concept (CLC)
Ver-A-Fast
Service800
O'Currance
Connect Plus, LLC
VIP Desk
Executive Secretaries
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics