Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Religious exemption for booster, already vaccinated

Bluepink

Post Sat, Mar 05 2022, 8:44 pm
Hi,

Looking for help with wording of religious exemption request. I got vaccinated to protect the patients I work with, and then got Covid myself two months later. Now I need to receive a booster by April 11, and I no longer believe in doing so just to protect my patients (seeing how I got mildly sick, but prob contagious, within my supposedly “protected” time frame).

Anyone have access to a religious ruling letter that would apply for such a situation?

Thank you!

#BestBubby

Post Sat, Mar 05 2022, 8:45 pm
Last time someone posted a Rabbi who will give a Religious Exemption Letter for Free.

Maybe she will post again. Or maybe you can find that post from the last religious exemption thread.

Good luck.

amother
Vanilla

Post Sat, Mar 05 2022, 8:45 pm
Good luck. It'll be much harder to prove that you are religiously averse to this vaccine once you already got one dose.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sat, Mar 05 2022, 8:59 pm
Did you have any adverse reactions? A medical exemption route would be alot easier as you already took 2 vaccines and its much harder to prove how it suddenly goes against your religion

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Sat, Mar 05 2022, 9:01 pm
Are some places still requiring it? Even nyc got rid of that requirement.

bsy

Post Sat, Mar 05 2022, 9:21 pm
amother [ Ghostwhite ] wrote:

The employee mandate is still in effect

amother
Peony

Post Sat, Mar 05 2022, 9:25 pm
Did you convert?

amother
Amaryllis

Post Sat, Mar 05 2022, 9:34 pm
Since being vaccinated you did more research and learned the following…

amother
Feverfew

Post Sat, Mar 05 2022, 9:59 pm
Vnishmartem meod linafshosechem.

There is a law that says you need to protect your health.

Since getting vaxxed you did more research and speaking to others and feeling the repercussions the vaccine had on your health, you feel you can't ignore your belief that getting a booster will be dangerous for your health. You didn't think the vaccine was dangerous initially but now that you do, you would be going against God by taking it.

amother
Kiwi

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 12:46 am
amother [ Ghostwhite ] wrote:

Lots of places still require it. Not everyone lives in NYC!!

Companies can still have their own requirements. Hospitals and healthcare providers are still mandated by many employers and/or local governments. Some are not even allowing religious exemptions anymore. And if you have an actual medical exemption (if you manage to get one), they just tell you that you cannot work with patients and will move you to some non contact position. Which depending on your job may not be possible.
One city I know did this and it means that certain employees cannot work at all as their entire role is with patients.

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 7:45 pm
NYC did NOT get rid of the employee mandates!

We the People got to vote out all who support vaccine mandates.

Even if you are Pro-Vaccines, you should be against MANDATES.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 7:55 pm
So insane these mandates are still in place when even the cdc and fda updated and said the virus does not prevent transmission.

Ellie7

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 10:02 pm
amother [ Vanilla ] wrote:
Good luck. It'll be much harder to prove that you are religiously averse to this vaccine once you already got one dose.

Especially because it doesn’t sound like you are.

amother
Pansy

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 10:10 pm
NYC no longer requires proof of vaccination to enter businesses. However, employee mandate has not been waived. Moreover, both Hochul and Adam's are still planning to mandate covid vaccination for all schoolchildren as of September.

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 10:31 pm
People - that means YOUR children in Private Schools (Yeshivas/BY) as well!!!

What are you going to do?!?!

On another thread, mothers said "No Way! I will HOME-SCHOOL rather then inject
my children with the covid vax."

Even Mothers who were covid-vaxxed themselves said they would not do this to their kids.

Start planning now - something must be done!

Bluepink

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 4:13 am
Ellie7 wrote:
Especially because it doesn’t sound like you are.

It’s true, I’m not. However, at this point in the pandemic, with case numbers decreasing and mortality improving, I do not want to get the booster, as the original vaccine did not prevent my reinfection. Due to the strict laws regarding vaccines in healthcare, I will try to use religion as my way out. Of course, it’s not ideal and all imamothers are welcome to feel their indignation. Please don’t express it on this thread though. I’m just looking for practical advice on how to word my exemption request.

NotInNJMommy

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 4:22 am
I don’t really think this falls under a religious objection, and yes it’s harder to substantiate if you got the other vaccines. You may be in a better position to seek a medical exemption if appropriate and be prepared to propose and agree to accommodations such as testing at your expense or loss of pay if you are required to quarantine more as a result of not being “up to date” and cannot work from home.

rae

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 5:21 am
There is someone rabbi Sofer who is giving out his email address and will write a religious exemption letter. I will try to find his info.

I think people also should start printing out the nine pages of side effects from Pfizer documents and have their employers sign off that they will take financial and personal responsibility from any suffering due to this vaccine. It’s time for accountability.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics