Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
What's the hardest part of Pesach prep for you?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Sand

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 12:40 pm
I find it all hard, as a single parent I have to do all the errands, shopping etc plus the cleaning, kashering and cooking.
I have to be really organised.

And I love pesach once its here. Its passes much too fast

motherfrmisrael

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 12:50 pm
I love Pesach, but juggling the kids home a full week before, with work util the last minute, and all the prep is stressful.

I like the cooking, but peeping the seder means being ready another two days before, so...

amother
Oleander

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 1:09 pm
love the chag.
hardest part for me is getting everything into the house (the shopping)
the cost is insane for us and it's a neis every year.
I love the cooking. my kids all help.
cleaning help is mandatory for turning over.
just like matsoh is mandatory (at least in my eyes)

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 1:20 pm
I find the planning the hardest. Making a menu and shopping list is stressful to me.
Several years ago I bought flip shelves of various sizes on Amazon. They fold away compactly during the year and now I don’t turn over any cabinets.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 1:24 pm
The shopping stresses me the most because I'm out of town and there's no one stop shop and they don't restock.
It's my biggest stress but not the most taxing.
I don't procrastinate on it so I can't hate it that much!

I happen to love Pesach and the freshness... The in between days are hard because we can't order take out or anything and I'm juggling between chometz and Pesach food...

amother
Freesia

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 1:26 pm
justforfun87 wrote:
Cleaning for me is really hard. We are just really not clean people and food has been brought into every room. Do I clean excessively over what is required? Probably but it takes at least a solid week.

Only a week???

amother
Banana

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 1:26 pm
Shopping, because I don't like crowds.

Logistically, the brief time when we're done with chametz but not quite pesachdik can be a challenge.

zaq

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 1:27 pm
Whatever task I'm doing at the moment.

ETA And that hasn't changed a year later.

Last edited by zaq on Mon, Mar 13 2023, 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Sage

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 1:31 pm
amother [ Banana ] wrote:
Shopping, because I don't like crowds.

Logistically, the brief time when we're done with chametz but not quite pesachdik can be a challenge.

We have that down to a system at this point. I make a big box of mostly kitnios or KLP foods (taco shells, rice cakes, applesauce cups, etc.) and keep it outside of the kitchen. We eat cold food or stuff that can be heated in a toaster on the porch, and as a treat on Leil Bedikas Chometz I make hot Pesach food.

birdie1

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 1:44 pm
Hardest part is to keep the peaschdik areas chometz free during those weeks leading up to Pesach. Not easy with an open plan first floor.

behappy2

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 1:48 pm
The last week, the in between no chametz food and didn't make pesach food

pause

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 1:52 pm
Cleaning definitely, and I'm not talking about spring cleaning which I happen to enjoy. Stuff like the fridge, the cabinets we use on pesach... I love once it's clean but instead it all gets covered!

4g01o

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 1:54 pm
WitchKitty wrote:
Timing.
When to 'turn over'. When to clean the dining room. When to start cooking.
It always needs to be not to early, because you don't want extra pesach days, and not too late so there's no stress. And it changes ever year, depending on the day pesach starts...

This is exactly it for me too and I'm lucky enough to have a pesach kitchen. I find it so tricky AND we still need to feed everyone for those days leading up to pesach.

Any tips anyone please?

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 1:54 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
I’m thinking of doing this this year.

It would make things SO much easier!

But what’s stopping me is - all my supplies to cook would be 10+ feet away! The spices, the mixing spoon, the spatula, the pots and plates…. Would this aspect make it harder? I don’t have room for these freestanding cabinets in the kitchen so they’d be a good amount of steps away nearby in the living room! (Open floor plan tho!) What do you think???

I keep the most frequently used items in a clear acryclic container on a kitchen counter.

I generally like my counters clear, but Pesach is one week, and this beats emptying drawers and cabinets and relocating everything.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 1:57 pm
Eating down the chametz. We don't sell chametz, so we make sure to use it up.

amother
Stonewash

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 2:02 pm
I empty my big pantry early on and just squeeze the Chametz stuff into other cabinets and some into a cardboard box. I have to start shopping for some basic items early because I'm very OOT and some things run out.
I find cooking in a small oven hard especially because I work FT so I need to cook at lot in the evening and night. I push myself by lets say cooking 10 chickens at a time but it takes hours but then at least I know something is done. I try to cook all my main dishes before Pesach and then I just do fresh salads and steamed/roasted vegetables.

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 2:07 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
Eating down the chametz. We don't sell chametz, so we make sure to use it up.

That's your hardest part lol? Is there any place to give it away?

crossroad

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 2:25 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
I find the planning the hardest. Making a menu and shopping list is stressful to me.
Several years ago I bought flip shelves of various sizes on Amazon. They fold away compactly during the year and now I don’t turn over any cabinets.

Amother Lemon can you please send a link to the kind you are talking about. This sounds AMAZING!

lamplighter

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 4:24 pm
Cleaning. We have a large house and I struggle with keeping it clean on a regular basis. I have ADHD and the detail with which I'm supposed to be cleaning overwhelms me.

lucky14

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 5:20 pm
Cleaning the fridge.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics