Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Weird tastes and smells.

English3

Post Sun, Mar 27 2022, 7:04 am
I had COVID three months ago, I lost my taste and smell completely for two weeks. My smell and taste have gradually come back BH. However all protein taste and smell horrible, as well as coffee and diapers. Life is just not the same Sad . Have you had any success to get back your regular sense?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 27 2022, 9:25 am
Stay positive. The parosmia / distorted sense of taste and smell means your neurons are regenerating.

To get through it, keep away from foods that give you that horrible taste and smell inside you.

English3

Post Sun, Mar 27 2022, 4:36 pm
Thanks, I wanted to know if it recovers.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 27 2022, 4:45 pm
The weird taste is gone. I got back a lot of my sense of smell but not all of it.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Mar 27 2022, 7:32 pm
Most of the weird smell is gone just a little is left in the bathroom. I used to smell bad stuff in vegetables in plastic bags etc. my regular taste came back almost 100 percent. I think cheesecake doesn’t tastes the same still.

amother
Kiwi

Post Wed, Mar 30 2022, 11:55 am
I never officially had COVID, but lost my senses of smell and taste over Pesach 2020.

Like OP, I suffered through weird smells and tastes for a while.

My taste I'd say has recovered by now but I still haven't fully recovered my sense of smell. Some things smell very off, some are very intense, others I don't smell at all.

I smell a smoker from far away and the lingering odor on clothes, when I haven't had that issue so much in the past.

I can barely smell my own perfume but DH's deodorant makes me gag. I can't smell flowers or when I'm baking, but will feel all the cooking odors from neighbors in the building.

I hope OP has a better experience. I haven't heard of anyone having a similar experience to me.

Good luck

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Mar 30 2022, 12:30 pm
Can any of you share how your taste and/or smell recovered? Did you do anything that helped?
Dh has this for about 1.5 years, and its not fully recovered yet.

amother
Watermelon

Post Wed, Mar 30 2022, 1:28 pm
I’m in the same boat as you. I lost my taste and smell last Purim and 1 year later I still can’t stand certain smells to the point it makes me nauseous. And taste has completely changed my palate. I also get weird aftertaste type thing but I don’t really taste it but I also don’t really smell it but it’s there. It’s so bizarre and very annoying

ra_mom

Post Wed, Mar 30 2022, 3:18 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Can any of you share how your taste and/or smell recovered? Did you do anything that helped?
Dh has this for about 1.5 years, and its not fully recovered yet.

https://www.btimesonline.com/a.....s.htm

https://scopeblog.stanford.edu.....pies/

https://youtu.be/Ib7wrxz0fuo

I did this.

Olfactory Training by Dr. Zara Patel, assistant professor of otolaryngology, head and neck surgery at Stanford University.

4 30ml (1 oz) amber glass jars
watercolor paper
rose, clove, eucalyptus & lemon essential oils

Cut watercolor paper to fit the bottom of each jar. 5 drops of one essential oil in each jar. Label jar and cover to describe what's in each one and seal.

2 times a day, take small mindful sniffs of each scent, conjuring up what that scent smells like. Continue to the next.

Meant to be done for 4 months.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics