Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Florida new development
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

amother
Stoneblue

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 4:45 pm
Not_in_my_town wrote:
So... Why? Why live in an oppressively hot environment? What are the benefits? I find it very confusing. I don't understand heat.

Some people tolerate heat over cold. Ny is freezing half a year (especially upstate). Do you love the cold? The oppressive is also seasonal and the time of the year when schools are out, so you can travel up north for vacation.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 4:48 pm
amother Stoneblue wrote:
Some people tolerate heat over cold. Ny is freezing half a year (especially upstate). Do you love the cold? The oppressive is also seasonal and the time of the year when schools are out, so you can travel up north for vacation.

I'd say it's opressively hot, May-Nov. It doesn't really "cool down" till December and really ia still hot till January
I always liked the hot weather and summer was my favorite season, until I moved to FL lol.
There's a reason visitors come for pesach and not sukkos!! Pple use latticework for sukkahs mainly bec it's just too hot to have a typical wooden or canvas one.
Anyone moving here should know what they're getting into year round.

sbk1

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 4:58 pm
amother Papayawhip wrote:
I'd say it's opressively hot, May-Nov. It doesn't really "cool down" till December and really ia still hot till January
I always liked the hot weather and summer was my favorite season, until I moved to FL lol.
There's a reason visitors come for pesach and not sukkos!! Pple use latticework for sukkahs mainly bec it's just too hot to have a typical wooden or canvas one.
Anyone moving here should know what they're getting into year round.

Your making it sound a lot worse than what it is. I've lived in Houston where the humidity is much worse for 23 years. Florida has ocean breezes and it's beautiful. There's a reason people are fleeing NY for sunshine - year round.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 5:07 pm
sbk1 wrote:
Your making it sound a lot worse than what it is. I've lived in Houston where the humidity is much worse for 23 years. Florida has ocean breezes and it's beautiful. There's a reason people are fleeing NY for sunshine - year round.

Sure, ocean breezes if you live right by the ocean! Not if you are even just a few miles away.
I guess if you lived in Houston that long, you are used to opressive heat. But if you are coming straight from the NE or Midwest, it's likely going to be a hard adjustment. I've been here over a year and it's still hard....certainly if I had to walk everywhere and couldn't drive, I'd be miserable.

amother
Chambray

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 10:07 am
sbk1 wrote:

People aren’t fleeing NY because of the weather, let’s be honest. As someone who grew up in FL, I can tell you that unless you are near the ocean (for example Miami Beach vs. North Miami Beach) you will not really feel the ocean breeze. It is hot and humid at least 90% of the year. During the winter months there may be times when it cools slightly or there is a cold front or whatever, but it’s not like those months are in and of themselves cooler.

Not_in_my_town

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 11:21 am
sbk1 wrote:
The "tiny" kosher store has all types of kosher
products not just Chabad. That is False info. They deliver to your home. The regular stores have everything else. The other store that is 30 min away is a regular store with kosher products. Not worth the drive. The delivery store has plenty.

Okay, thanks for correcting. Was just sharing the info I recieved.

As for the other poster who asked if I like cold... Yes. I prefer cold. I'd rather live in in Antarctica than Florida. To each their own! The world is big enough for all of us.
Page 8 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating